Need Help! 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

On Mach3 does is show in the message spindle speed bump down? Or some message the spindle bumped to low speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
    Go to the display on Mach3 where it let's you chain speed and raise the limit. Not the home screen,

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought one of the Chinese 6404 Router machines, labelled as CNCEST. This is a tan painted steel machine with tan painted control box with the PRT-E1500W VFD. Reading this thread and having followed the instructions still cannot get spindle speed control from Mach2 or LinuxCNC. The spindle ON/CW works as expected but no speed. I extracted the English parameter table from the Chinese manual and am posting here in case it can help anyone. I've included the PDF output and the Excel spreadsheet. Didn't try to correct the Chinglish, except where obviously incorrect. This is provided as-is. Cheers.

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by spack View Post
    I bought one of the Chinese 6404 Router machines, labelled as CNCEST. This is a tan painted steel machine with tan painted control box with the PRT-E1500W VFD. Reading this thread and having followed the instructions still cannot get spindle speed control from Mach2 or LinuxCNC. The spindle ON/CW works as expected but no speed. I extracted the English parameter table from the Chinese manual and am posting here in case it can help anyone. I've included the PDF output and the Excel spreadsheet. Didn't try to correct the Chinglish, except where obviously incorrect. This is provided as-is. Cheers.
    Is it USB or parell printer plug? You can test spindle manually

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the parallel version. I can enable the spindle with either Mach3 or LinuxCNC, that is to say the relay on the BOB turns the VFD from Stop to Run to Stop. I have not been able to get programmatic control of the spindle speed. It's either totally off or runs at full speed. I can switch to manual mode and have Mach3/LinuxCNC turn the spindle on and control speed with the VFD front panel.

Manuals show enable for Pin1, but this doesn't seem to do anything. Pin17 is the spindle enable (Spindle CW), manual shows Pin14 as the spindle PWM - I'm guessing, but it doesn't work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, this will no doubt come in handy as I am just this week bringing one of these machines to life. My instant problem however is not knowing what pins of the db25 socket control the vfd. Can anyone supply that info? That would be most appreciated if I could get the pin assignments for the 4 axis version of this machine. Thank you all.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone help with the files to add to mach3 to get the 6040 to communicate over the usb drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally, a post of the relevant data needed to make it run. Thank you very much.

I bought one of these, but will run it with linuxcnc since I have a decade and change of running it for experience. And I can't testify as to how this document is for accuracy.

But I will state that linuxcnc has a pwmgen for controlling spindles, so D031 needs to be set to 4, while the pwm signal is applied to the avi terminal. But let me preface that with a warning about BoB cards with opto-isolation in the output paths. These BoB's opto's are so slow that you will not get anywhere near a linear speed control even at a base frequency for the pwmgen of 1000 hz.

I am not using that BoB that is in the box, nor am I using the motor drivers as the supply is only 15 volts, leading to very limited top rapid speeds. Since this 6040 is to replace an aging ball screw retrofit of the smallest HF mill, and I knew the motor supply in its control box was a 28 volt unit, I simply went to the shop building and retrieved that complete driver box. That's when I discovered the maker had scrambled the coil to pin assignments in the GS16-4 connectors used, so I had to unscramble those.

Inspecting the vfd in the supplied box after unplugging the power to the now unused motor drivers, I found that it did indeed have a reversing input, so I disconnected that whole kit from the boxes internal bob and installed a 4 wire flexible cable to be hooked up to linuxcnc.

At that point I was getting spells of light headedness and came into the house and drug out my blood pressure kit, something to have around when you are 84. BP was tolerable, but the pulse was down in the mid 30's. So I drove myself to the ER and am now recovering from a pacemaker implant.

So progress has stopped until I am cleared to use the left arm again. 2 maybe 3 weeks.

One of the things I've done for TLO settings is a small piece of pcb, or sometimes the part itself if its insulated, is to do a G38.2 with the tool turning backwards so it doesn't cut , adjusting the TLO settings accordingly.

Mach I have no knowledge of but the only time I have damaged a piece of double sided pcb was when playing while developing that gcode subroutine. That demands that I have the ability to run it in reverse, in which case D035 needs to be a 1, and its possible that D062 might be too high at 4, causing excess motor heat at low speeds. Time will answer that question of course.

I'll have to play with my reverse delays I expect to get a seemless fwd/rev or vice versa. I have not contemplated a spindle encoder as there's not enough torque to turn a tap bigger than an 0-80 anyway. I will check and see if I can get a spindle rpm out of it that I can display in the LCNC gui. I'll post more when I get back up what I call speed at my age and can finish this.

In the FWIW category, some preliminary playing seems to indicate I can expect rapids of 150 IPM. Its running 80 on the z axis right now, but the pacemaker took priority.

Take care all.

Gene1934

Downloads
    Uploads

But the surgeon squashed my thoughts of getting back to work on it quickly as he's forbade me from using my left arm at full upward extensions for at least 3 more months. Doesn't want to risk pulling the wires back out of my heart.

On a change of subject, I ordered a 5 pack of short, 3 flute 4mm coated SC endmills from fleabay, from a vendor called qualitysomething, and they have not arrived in 30 days. Seems like that's long enough even for china post. So I found some more at another vendor but it might be early Feb.

I'd ordered some fresh boring bars for my two lathes, but they came in sans chips, which explains their price. Taking "SCO6" chips I found 100 for just under $40, so ordered what is likely a lifetime supply, two hundred, and something else that brought it to $88. They came in about on schedule Wednesday, and they are in fact Mitsubishi made. I've had decent luck with Mitsubishi in the past, so I am quite pleased to obtain another 200 of them for $0.40 a chip. Last time I looked at the Grizzly catalog, they would have been $14 a chip, minimum 1 box of 10!

Cheers everybody.
    Gene1934

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678