Need Help! 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

First I would like to thank everyone who has posted to this thread!! Reading it has my machine working with at least most of the documentation to support it. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is my emergency stop button does not work any longer. I was hoping to install limit switches and probe but with this section of the board not working I can't use the switches. I have checked all the VFD settings and tried multiple combinations with no luck. It originally worked before changing the VFD setting. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,Tom
    PRT-E1500w
    USB using RNR motion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For those who are interested in these machines/controllers:

I found the manufacturer for this machine. It is Foshan Puruite Technology Co., LTD
    They sell directly on 1688.com (chinese alibaba) and on made-in-china

The VFD they use is not in-house manufactured. They buy it wholesale from another place, Qishi Jianda Automation Electromechanical Equipment Factory and Jianda Electronic Sales.
    I have tried contacting the sales reps for JD-Inverter/PRT-E1500W (the PRT is just custom branding that JD does)
    They do not reply to me. Maybe someone else can get them to reveal more datasheets on their stuff. I will provide the chinese strings to search for in case you want to look for websites yourself, and contact info that was provided.

Here's all the websites I've seen these boards being sold on (just use search term JVFD-S5 or something like that):
    hi1718.com, 1688.com, 114pifa.com (114 wholesale), machineryinfo.net, dcsz.com, zhongshan0153279.11467.com, zsjddz.com (might be main sales website)

Strings to use in search:
    ????????????
    ????????????

Rep name: Li Daoping ???
    Aliases: Li Qiuping ???

emails: LDP8@163.com, 245010469@qq.com (not really an email, you need wechat to instant message this address)

emails for aliases: linda_mei@163.com

Edit: I dont know why its removing chinese characters.

Last edited by CodeBuster; 06-29-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: removed chinese chars

Downloads
    Uploads

I used the VFD settings in this thread some time back to get my router up and running successfully, but now I am having an issue. I ran a project the other day and everything went great, but today, I tried to run another and the spindle would only turn slowly, never reaching full speed. I checked my Mach 3 settings against some pictures I had taken, and everything is good there. I tried re-programming the VFD, and now the spindle will start to spin, but then stops and throws the error code seen in the attached picture. I am not sure if the VFD unit is going out because if I shut the PC down and try running the spindle in manual mode through the VFD, full speed is achieved almost immediately. Would anyone here have any ideas as to where I am going wrong? This is driving me up a wall. Thanks for any input you can provide.................6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.-20180703_170120-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.-20180703_170120-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oneusageek View Post
    I used the VFD settings in this thread some time back to get my router up and running successfully, but now I am having an issue. I ran a project the other day and everything went great, but today, I tried to run another and the spindle would only turn slowly, never reaching full speed. I checked my Mach 3 settings against some pictures I had taken, and everything is good there. I tried re-programming the VFD, and now the spindle will start to spin, but then stops and throws the error code seen in the attached picture. I am not sure if the VFD unit is going out because if I shut the PC down and try running the spindle in manual mode through the VFD, full speed is achieved almost immediately. Would anyone here have any ideas as to where I am going wrong? This is driving me up a wall. Thanks for any input you can provide.................6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.-20180703_170120-jpg
    E0 means you messed up a setting in your vfd. Check your settings you changed As for mach it will do that with the spindle when it does not like you settings. You can force it to run faster by typing in the speed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
    E0 means you messed up a setting in your vfd. Check your settings you changed As for mach it will do that with the spindle when it does not like you settings. You can force it to run faster by typing in the speed.

I checked the settings and changed a few things. Everything is now as it should be. But there is still a problem. Spindle speed is still really low when under vfd control. Putting vfd on manual increases speed as normal. Vfd is not controlling speed as it should. All Mach settings look good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Go to the display on Mach3 where it let's you chain speed and raise the limit. Not the home screen,
    Quote Originally Posted by oneusageek View Post
    I checked the settings and changed a few things. Everything is now as it should be. But there is still a problem. Spindle speed is still really low when under vfd control. Putting vfd on manual increases speed as normal. Vfd is not controlling speed as it should. All Mach settings look good.

Downloads
    Uploads

On Mach3 does is show in the message spindle speed bump down? Or some message the spindle bumped to low speed.
    Go to the display on Mach3 where it let's you chain speed and raise the limit. Not the home screen,

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought one of the Chinese 6404 Router machines, labelled as CNCEST. This is a tan painted steel machine with tan painted control box with the PRT-E1500W VFD. Reading this thread and having followed the instructions still cannot get spindle speed control from Mach2 or LinuxCNC. The spindle ON/CW works as expected but no speed. I extracted the English parameter table from the Chinese manual and am posting here in case it can help anyone. I've included the PDF output and the Excel spreadsheet. Didn't try to correct the Chinglish, except where obviously incorrect. This is provided as-is. Cheers.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by spack View Post
    I bought one of the Chinese 6404 Router machines, labelled as CNCEST. This is a tan painted steel machine with tan painted control box with the PRT-E1500W VFD. Reading this thread and having followed the instructions still cannot get spindle speed control from Mach2 or LinuxCNC. The spindle ON/CW works as expected but no speed. I extracted the English parameter table from the Chinese manual and am posting here in case it can help anyone. I've included the PDF output and the Excel spreadsheet. Didn't try to correct the Chinglish, except where obviously incorrect. This is provided as-is. Cheers.
    Is it USB or parell printer plug? You can test spindle manually

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the parallel version. I can enable the spindle with either Mach3 or LinuxCNC, that is to say the relay on the BOB turns the VFD from Stop to Run to Stop. I have not been able to get programmatic control of the spindle speed. It's either totally off or runs at full speed. I can switch to manual mode and have Mach3/LinuxCNC turn the spindle on and control speed with the VFD front panel.

Manuals show enable for Pin1, but this doesn't seem to do anything. Pin17 is the spindle enable (Spindle CW), manual shows Pin14 as the spindle PWM - I'm guessing, but it doesn't work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, this will no doubt come in handy as I am just this week bringing one of these machines to life. My instant problem however is not knowing what pins of the db25 socket control the vfd. Can anyone supply that info? That would be most appreciated if I could get the pin assignments for the 4 axis version of this machine. Thank you all.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone help with the files to add to mach3 to get the 6040 to communicate over the usb drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally, a post of the relevant data needed to make it run. Thank you very much.

I bought one of these, but will run it with linuxcnc since I have a decade and change of running it for experience. And I can't testify as to how this document is for accuracy.

But I will state that linuxcnc has a pwmgen for controlling spindles, so D031 needs to be set to 4, while the pwm signal is applied to the avi terminal. But let me preface that with a warning about BoB cards with opto-isolation in the output paths. These BoB's opto's are so slow that you will not get anywhere near a linear speed control even at a base frequency for the pwmgen of 1000 hz.

I am not using that BoB that is in the box, nor am I using the motor drivers as the supply is only 15 volts, leading to very limited top rapid speeds. Since this 6040 is to replace an aging ball screw retrofit of the smallest HF mill, and I knew the motor supply in its control box was a 28 volt unit, I simply went to the shop building and retrieved that complete driver box. That's when I discovered the maker had scrambled the coil to pin assignments in the GS16-4 connectors used, so I had to unscramble those.

Inspecting the vfd in the supplied box after unplugging the power to the now unused motor drivers, I found that it did indeed have a reversing input, so I disconnected that whole kit from the boxes internal bob and installed a 4 wire flexible cable to be hooked up to linuxcnc.

At that point I was getting spells of light headedness and came into the house and drug out my blood pressure kit, something to have around when you are 84. BP was tolerable, but the pulse was down in the mid 30's. So I drove myself to the ER and am now recovering from a pacemaker implant.

So progress has stopped until I am cleared to use the left arm again. 2 maybe 3 weeks.

One of the things I've done for TLO settings is a small piece of pcb, or sometimes the part itself if its insulated, is to do a G38.2 with the tool turning backwards so it doesn't cut , adjusting the TLO settings accordingly.

Mach I have no knowledge of but the only time I have damaged a piece of double sided pcb was when playing while developing that gcode subroutine. That demands that I have the ability to run it in reverse, in which case D035 needs to be a 1, and its possible that D062 might be too high at 4, causing excess motor heat at low speeds. Time will answer that question of course.

I'll have to play with my reverse delays I expect to get a seemless fwd/rev or vice versa. I have not contemplated a spindle encoder as there's not enough torque to turn a tap bigger than an 0-80 anyway. I will check and see if I can get a spindle rpm out of it that I can display in the LCNC gui. I'll post more when I get back up what I call speed at my age and can finish this.

In the FWIW category, some preliminary playing seems to indicate I can expect rapids of 150 IPM. Its running 80 on the z axis right now, but the pacemaker took priority.

Take care all.

Gene1934

Downloads
    Uploads

But the surgeon squashed my thoughts of getting back to work on it quickly as he's forbade me from using my left arm at full upward extensions for at least 3 more months. Doesn't want to risk pulling the wires back out of my heart.

On a change of subject, I ordered a 5 pack of short, 3 flute 4mm coated SC endmills from fleabay, from a vendor called qualitysomething, and they have not arrived in 30 days. Seems like that's long enough even for china post. So I found some more at another vendor but it might be early Feb.

I'd ordered some fresh boring bars for my two lathes, but they came in sans chips, which explains their price. Taking "SCO6" chips I found 100 for just under $40, so ordered what is likely a lifetime supply, two hundred, and something else that brought it to $88. They came in about on schedule Wednesday, and they are in fact Mitsubishi made. I've had decent luck with Mitsubishi in the past, so I am quite pleased to obtain another 200 of them for $0.40 a chip. Last time I looked at the Grizzly catalog, they would have been $14 a chip, minimum 1 box of 10!

Cheers everybody.
    Gene1934

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by koolkleptokidd View Post
    Recently I bought a 6040 4 axis cnc router off of eBay and the instructions didnt have the right settings for the vfd that came with it.What should I do. I attached the manual to the thread THANKS.
    CNC 6040 Setup for Mach3
    David P
    2-23-19

I have the 1500W router spindle with PRT-E1500W VFD. I bought this in Jan 2019, so that is the approximate date of manufacture. Other dates may vary.

Mach 3 wouldn’t control the router until I did the following:
    1. Reset VFD to factory settings:
    a. Set D001 to 1
    b. Set D176 to 1
    2. Set for 400 Hz VFD vs 50Hz factory default setting
    a. Set D09=400
    b. Set D00 to 400
    c. Set D002 to 400
    d. Set D000 to 400
    e. Set D003 to 400
    f. Set D009 to 400
    g. Set D021 to 400
    h. Set D093 to 400
    3. Set VFD to receive input frequency from front panel “AVI” terminal (rotary pot)
    a. Set D031 to 1
    4. Set VFD front panel display to show in RPM vs Hz.
    a. Set D039 to 1
    5. Set VFD to operate off of both Manual and PC input Switch
    a. Set D032 to 0
    i. Note: after completing setup sequence, make sure to test manual with rotary switch in Manual, and PC/Mach3 in PC rotary setting. Note if the PC mode shows the numbers increase on front panel display but does not start the spindle, you need to press the ON button on front panel to enable spindle. After that it will remain in PC control of ON/OFF.
    6. Set up Mach3 on PC to control VFD:
    a. Mach3, Config, Ports and Pins, check port 1 and port 2 (Note, my machine does not use the parallel port, instead a USB interface to a “sort-of smart card” inside the main enclosure. In order to get the initial settings right and Mach3 code for the machine with configuration data, I opened the enclosure, found the small smart board, read off the manufacturer and model, then google searched for it, and found the USA source for the device. They had a very “minimal” web site that allowed download of the Mach3 program and config, and that was my starting point. My factory CD was corrupted or worthless and didn’t work on a Windows 7 machine).
    b. Set Kernel speed for 25000 Hz.
    c. Ports and Pins, Motor Outputs, check X,Y,Z and Spindle. (I left Step and Dir at 0,0 for all except Spindle that was 1,0 and checked active low for Dir and Step. Probably not necessary since it is a PWM interface, but those settings are working.)
    d. Ports and Pins, Input signals, I have checked
    i. Probe, port 3 pin 3
    ii. Estop, port 3 pin 1
    iii. OEM Trig #1, port 3 pin 5
    iv. OEM Trig #2, Port 3 pin 6
    v. OEM Trig#3, port 3 pin 7
    vi. OEM Trig#4, port 3, pin 8
    e. Ports and Pins, Output Signals, I have checked
    i. Enable1, port 1 pin 14
    ii. Output #1 port 1 pin 17
    f. Ports and Pins, Encoder/MPG (I have added a manual pulse generator hand control)
    i. MPG#1 checked, all 0 settings, counts/U 1, Velocity 100
    g. Ports and Pins, Spindle Set-up
    i. Uncheck “Disable Spindle Relays (Probably not needed)
    ii. Check “Use Spindle Motor Output”
    iii. Check “PWM Control”
    iv. Uncheck Step/Dir
    v. Set base PWM Freq to 500
    vi. Set min PWM to 0%
    vii. All other boxes on that page are unchecked
    h. Set Config, Spindle Pulleys, Current pulley Number 4, min speed 0 max speed 24000, ratio 1.
    i. That’s it for my machine.
    j. To test:
    i. Set VFD rotary switch to PC control
    ii. Go to Mach3 main screen, and press Spindle Speed, then spindle CW F5 button.
    iii. Spindle should start. If it does not, look at VFD display and verify it has a number showing like 16000+/-, then press the RUN button it should start.
    iv. Use speed rate override to 160% to get full speed 24000.
    v. Turn off spindle with same button Spindle CW F5.
    vi. Then go to MDI tab on Mach3.
    vii. On the input line type in M3 to turn on spindle.
    viii. Type input of M5 to turn off spindle.

That’s it. I hope yours works. This took a lot of cross referencing other suggestions, then test and debug to find the right settings. Good luck.
    Yes it’s a nice mechanical machine, and electrical is good, and a good value for what you get, but why can’t they provide accurate directions and manuals?! This reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon story line….

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dparish View Post
    CNC 6040 Setup for Mach3
    David P
    2-23-19

I have the 1500W router spindle with PRT-E1500W VFD. I bought this in Jan 2019, so that is the approximate date of manufacture. Other dates may vary.

Mach 3 wouldn’t control the router until I did the following:
    1.Reset VFD to factory settings:
    a.Set D001 to 1
    b.Set D176 to 1
    2.Set for 400 Hz VFD vs 50Hz factory default setting
    a.Set D09=400
    b.Set D00 to 400
    c.Set D002 to 400
    d.Set D000 to 400
    e.Set D003 to 400
    f.Set D009 to 400
    g.Set D021 to 400
    h.Set D093 to 400
    3.Set VFD to receive input frequency from front panel “AVI” terminal (rotary pot)
    a.Set D031 to 1
    4.Set VFD front panel display to show in RPM vs Hz.
    a.Set D039 to 1
    5.Set VFD to operate off of both Manual and PC input Switch
    a.Set D032 to 0
    i.Note: after completing setup sequence, make sure to test manual with rotary switch in Manual, and PC/Mach3 in PC rotary setting. Note if the PC mode shows the numbers increase on front panel display but does not start the spindle, you need to press the ON button on front panel to enable spindle. After that it will remain in PC control of ON/OFF.
    6.Set up Mach3 on PC to control VFD:
    a.Mach3, Config, Ports and Pins, check port 1 and port 2 (Note, my machine does not use the parallel port, instead a USB interface to a “sort-of smart card” inside the main enclosure. In order to get the initial settings right and Mach3 code for the machine with configuration data, I opened the enclosure, found the small smart board, read off the manufacturer and model, then google searched for it, and found the USA source for the device. They had a very “minimal” web site that allowed download of the Mach3 program and config, and that was my starting point. My factory CD was corrupted or worthless and didn’t work on a Windows 7 machine).
    b.Set Kernel speed for 25000 Hz.
    c.Ports and Pins, Motor Outputs, check X,Y,Z and Spindle. (I left Step and Dir at 0,0 for all except Spindle that was 1,0 and checked active low for Dir and Step. Probably not necessary since it is a PWM interface, but those settings are working.)
    d.Ports and Pins, Input signals, I have checked
    i.Probe, port 3 pin 3
    ii.Estop, port 3 pin 1
    iii.OEM Trig #1, port 3 pin 5
    iv.OEM Trig #2, Port 3 pin 6
    v.OEM Trig#3, port 3 pin 7
    vi.OEM Trig#4, port 3, pin 8
    e.Ports and Pins, Output Signals, I have checked
    i.Enable1, port 1 pin 14
    ii.Output #1 port 1 pin 17
    f.Ports and Pins, Encoder/MPG (I have added a manual pulse generator hand control)
    i.MPG#1 checked, all 0 settings, counts/U 1, Velocity 100
    g.Ports and Pins, Spindle Set-up
    i.Uncheck “Disable Spindle Relays (Probably not needed)
    ii.Check “Use Spindle Motor Output”
    iii.Check “PWM Control”
    iv.Uncheck Step/Dir
    v.Set base PWM Freq to 500
    vi.Set min PWM to 0%
    vii.All other boxes on that page are unchecked
    h.Set Config, Spindle Pulleys, Current pulley Number 4, min speed 0 max speed 24000, ratio 1.
    i.That’s it for my machine.
    j.To test:
    i.Set VFD rotary switch to PC control
    ii.Go to Mach3 main screen, and press Spindle Speed, then spindle CW F5 button.
    iii.Spindle should start. If it does not, look at VFD display and verify it has a number showing like 16000+/-, then press the RUN button it should start.
    iv.Use speed rate override to 160% to get full speed 24000.
    v.Turn off spindle with same button Spindle CW F5.
    vi.Then go to MDI tab on Mach3.
    vii.On the input line type in M3 to turn on spindle.
    viii.Type input of M5 to turn off spindle.

That’s it. I hope yours works. This took a lot of cross referencing other suggestions, then test and debug to find the right settings. Good luck.
    Yes it’s a nice mechanical machine, and electrical is good, and a good value for what you get, but why can’t they provide accurate directions and manuals?! This reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon story line….
    Thanks, dparish for the great updated info

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gene1934 View Post
    But the surgeon squashed my thoughts of getting back to work on it quickly as he's forbade me from using my left arm at full upward extensions for at least 3 more months. Doesn't want to risk pulling the wires back out of my heart.

On a change of subject, I ordered a 5 pack of short, 3 flute 4mm coated SC endmills from fleabay, from a vendor called qualitysomething, and they have not arrived in 30 days. Seems like that's long enough even for china post. So I found some more at another vendor but it might be early Feb.

I'd ordered some fresh boring bars for my two lathes, but they came in sans chips, which explains their price. Taking "SCO6" chips I found 100 for just under $40, so ordered what is likely a lifetime supply, two hundred, and something else that brought it to $88. They came in about on schedule Wednesday, and they are in fact Mitsubishi made. I've had decent luck with Mitsubishi in the past, so I am quite pleased to obtain another 200 of them for $0.40 a chip. Last time I looked at the Grizzly catalog, they would have been $14 a chip, minimum 1 box of 10!

Cheers everybody.
    Gene1934
    Progress report, such as it is. re this 6040 and its PRT-E1500W vfd settings. I have it running with LCNC, at the speed requested by LCNC, with an added minimum speed floor in the 2000 rpm range in deference to both the motolr and vfd, since both are being pushed pretty hard at that low a speed. But only fwd. Yet the terminal strip on top of the vfd where you hook up the outside world to it has both FWD and REV terminals.

But its running w/o those even being hooked up, responding to the the synthesized potentiometer in a mesa 7i76 interface card.

google translate dies in the middle of page 40 of that 59 page Chinese manual, just as its getting interesting so I'm still missing the options translations for most of its registers above d030. I have carved one of the two rear panels holding all the connectors and installed it on my Grizzly G0704, but its not using a vfd for spindle control, I'm banging the 1 hp pmdc motor it came with to about 2 hp using a pico systems pwm-servo amp, good for 20 amps at 160 volts, (its a 90 volt motor) getting about 126, with a switch mode current limit in the 17 amps territory. Makes twice I've used that servo amp for spindle drive. With a high resolution encoder, Pgains in the spindle PID can be pushed to 20+! To say that control is stiff is an understatement. I can rigid tap a 3/8" tap in 1/2" thick alu.

But if I could find the register that makes the direction controls work on this PRT-E1500W vfd, I'd be gratefull indeed.

Cheers all;

Gene1934

Downloads
    Uploads

The parameters of PRT-E1500W appear unchangeable (on mine at least), I can get as far as resetting the box as per instruction's here (from the dparish post) but as soon as I try to change it to 400 from 50 nothing happens just stays at a blinking 50.00?? I think I may have smoked the spindle also as it will try and spin up but makes a grinding (for want of a better word) noise and show's something like E o or E LU on the box?
    Been arguing with the eBay seller since November 2018 over this thing, been nothing but a pain in the neck - ignoring messages, refund refusal yada yada and both eBay and Paypal are no help. Tempted to bin it and buy a different one!
    I'll keep watching this thread amongst others.
    Cheers
    Taff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyCarl View Post
    The parameters of PRT-E1500W appear unchangeable (on mine at least), I can get as far as resetting the box as per instruction's here (from the dparish post) but as soon as I try to change it to 400 from 50 nothing happens just stays at a blinking 50.00?? I think I may have smoked the spindle also as it will try and spin up but makes a grinding (for want of a better word) noise and show's something like E o or E LU on the box?
    Been arguing with the eBay seller since November 2018 over this thing, been nothing but a pain in the neck - ignoring messages, refund refusal yada yada and both eBay and Paypal are no help. Tempted to bin it and buy a different one!
    I'll keep watching this thread amongst others.
    Cheers
    Taff
    Taffy Carl, the E0 is just your settings wrong. Most likely your spindle is ok. What voltage or you using to power up your CNC? My CNC is USA 115v, and also my spindle is a 115v

Downloads
    Uploads

Taffy Carl, the E0 is just your settings wrong. Most likely your spindle is ok. What voltage or you using to power up your CNC? My CNC is USA 115v, and also my spindle is a 115v

Hi Carl,
    Logically then because I can't get the box to change from 50 to 400 is what's giving me the E0. I still don't understand why I can't get it to change to 400 instead of being stuck on 50.00?? I certainly hope the spindle isn't bust, makes an awful noise as it spins for no more than 2 or 3 seconds. My machine is a 220v
    I've got some bike painting to knock over so later this afternoon I'll video the machine as I go through the process and post it here - you'll hear the noise the spindle makes.
    Cheers
    Carl (Taff)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast