Need Help! 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. - Page 5


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 92

Thread: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

  1. #49
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmungas View Post
    I finally figured out the VFD and Mach3 software settings for my 1.5 kW, 110Vac, 400Hz Spindle with the PRT-E1500W VFD in order to run the spindle either in manual mode or with PWM control through the PC. Here's the procedure I used. (Note I didn't change the 220V setting to 110V in the VFD since there isn't a mechanism for generating higher voltage than the VFD supply and it doesn't appear to be necessary, but this should be vetted by another party (CHIMERA1960?) prior to long duration running).

    1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1 (may be able to skip this step)
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)

    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

    3) Set VFD to receive input frequency setting for spindle throttle control from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D031 to 1

    4) OPTIONAL but I would recommend for additional debug/safety reasons: Set VFD to allow manual spindle "stop" from terminal even when running from PC

    5) OPTIONAL: Set AVI terminal to readout spindle rpm instead of VFD frequency:
    a) Set D039 to 1

    6) To run the spindle manually with variable speed directly from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D032 to 0
    b) Make sure switch next to AVI terminal is set to "Manually"
    b) Use AVI "Pot Dial" to set spindle rpm
    c) Use AVI "Run" to start spindle
    d) Use AVI "Stop" to stop spindle or turn down Pot Dial to 0

    7) To run the spindle from the PC (note the PWM signal from Mach3 adjusts the setting of the AVI terminal as if it were the VFD Pot. The PWM signal is NOT going directly to the spindle motor):
    a) Make sure you have the right Port/Pin settings in Mach3 (see example settings below)
    b) Set D032 to 1
    c) Make sure switch next to PRT is set to "PC"
    d) Very important: On Mach3 User Panel, make sure you select and input the max spindle speed (i.e. 24000).
    e) Select the actual spindle speed by adjusting up/down arrows or dragging the column up/down for relative speed setting changes.
    f) Use "Spindle CW F5" button or "F5" to toggle turning the spindle on/of


    Mach3 software settings that work for my spindle and wiring configuration (if you have an issue with the X,Y,Z position controller settings let me know, but I think most don't have this issue):

    A) Ports/Pins
    1) Port Setup and Axis Selection
    i) Port #1 Enabled
    ii) Kernel Speed Set to 35000 Hz (this worked for my 2.9 GHz desktop controller, but you may need to use the lower 25000 Hz setting for slower machines)

    2) Motor Outputs
    i) Spindle Enabled = Active
    ii) Spindle Step Pin# = 1
    iii) Spindle Dir Pin# = 0
    iv) Dir LowActive = Active
    v) Step Low Active = Active
    vi) Spindle Step Port = 1
    vii) Dir Port = 0

    3) Input Signals
    i) EStop Enabled = Active
    ii) EStop Port = 1
    iii) EStop Pin Number = 10
    iv) EStop Active Low = Active
    v) EStop Emulated = Inactive

    4) Output Signals
    i) Enable1 Enabled = Active
    ii) Enable1 Port# = 1
    iii) Enable1 Pin Number = 14
    iv) Enable1 Active Low = Active or Inactive
    iv) Output#1 Enabled = Active
    v) Output#1 Port# = 1
    vi) Output#1 Pin Number = 17 (this should NOT be the Motor Output Step Pin (e.g. Pin #1 in my configuration) as may be indicated in some of the user manuals)
    vii) Output#1 Active Low = Inactive (important to make sure Spindle is On when Mach3 Toggle Switch is on. May need to change this setting if switch appears to be operating backwards)

    5) Spindle Setup
    i) Select "Use Spindle Motor Output"
    ii) Select "PWM Control"
    iii) Input "PWMBase Freq." (I used 421)
    iv) Input "Minimum PWM" ( I used 0%)

    B) Pulley Selection
    i) Pulley Number 4
    ii) Min Speed = 0
    iii) Max Speed = 24000
    iv) Ratio = 1

    Good luck! Hope this helps!
    WoW Awesome write up, but from what I see your spot on, only way to confirm without a doubt is with the manual by the way, the model no. For the VFD is "FD-A-V2" that's from the circuit board it self,
    Back to your data, are you feeling any excessive heat on your spindle motor, did you try a cut yet to see if its strong and steady or boggy? One way to tell if you have control of the controller while in mach3 is you hit the controller stop button, it should kick an external e-stop to mach3. If not then you don't have e-stop ports and pins correct. Also you need the "rnrmotion.dll" file for the breakout board which I have, if anyone needs it just pm me, can't post it here its a raw file,and copy and paste it in the plugin folder of mach3 anywhere doesn't matter as long as its there mach3 will see it, then once on mach3 go to ports and pins go down to config plugin, you should see the rnrmotion control card in the list you have to activate it, set it to the hertz your running at so it talks to the port your USB cable is connected too. But hey I'm gonna start a setup with you data and give it a run till the manual for the VFD gets here, I'll let you know if and how much smoke there is when she goes pop. lmao, just kidding,them's some damn big capacitors on that board. Also the VFD settings between db25 and USB should be the same, its a separate board off from the VFD its only for the spindle power and control, so you should be good as long as your settings match what voltage your plugging into 110v or 220v, don't cross them its not gonna be good news if you do, as some here have found out really effects the spindle motor performance. Hey thanks for the input nice job and thanks for take in the time
    Later CHIMERA1960

    Note: The PRT-E1500W is that model of the CNN controller told to me by the VFD manufacturer in Singapore. So when you guys are looking for or talking good idea to add the model of you controller to your post so we can all search on it.

    Last edited by CHIMERA1960; 06-07-2017 at 11:40 PM.


  2. #50
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIMERA1960 View Post
    WoW Awesome write up, but from what I see your spot on, only way to confirm without a doubt is with the manual by the way, the model no. For the VFD is "FD-A-V2" that's from the circuit board it self,
    Back to your data, are you feeling any excessive heat on your spindle motor, did you try a cut yet to see if its strong and steady or boggy? One way to tell if you have control of the controller while in mach3 is you hit the controller stop button, it should kick an external e-stop to mach3. If not then you don't have e-stop ports and pins correct. Also you need the "rnrmotion.dll" file for the breakout board which I have, if anyone needs it just pm me, can't post it here its a raw file,and copy and paste it in the plugin folder of mach3 anywhere doesn't matter as long as its there mach3 will see it, then once on mach3 go to ports and pins go down to config plugin, you should see the rnrmotion control card in the list you have to activate it, set it to the hertz your running at so it talks to the port your USB cable is connected too. But hey I'm gonna start a setup with you data and give it a run till the manual for the VFD gets here, I'll let you know if and how much smoke there is when she goes pop. lmao, just kidding,them's some damn big capacitors on that board. Also the VFD settings between db25 and USB should be the same, its a separate board off from the VFD its only for the spindle power and control, so you should be good as long as your settings match what voltage your plugging into 110v or 220v, don't cross them its not gonna be good news if you do, as some here have found out really effects the spindle motor performance. Hey thanks for the input nice job and thanks for take in the time
    Later CHIMERA1960
    Good questions,

    The manual EStop works with the configuration settings I provided. When the mechanical button is actuated it basically sends a command that disables the electronic enable. To reset you need to reset the manual EStop AND the electronic EStop. So it does appear that this system is set-up properly and communicating as expected. This configuration is a bit different type of EStop, I believe, than a traditional mechanical EStop wherein the EStop mechanically disrupts the pathway for power to the actuators regardless of how the software is doing. However it appears to be the way the system is set-up, and certainly better than nothing. If the software crashes for some reason, I'm somewhat doubtful this mechanical EStop will work, but as long as you understand those risks, this should be manageable.

    I do not have the rnrmotion.dll for the breakout board yet. I'll PM you. Thanks!



  3. #51
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by gmungas View Post
    Good questions,

    The manual EStop works with the configuration settings I provided. When the mechanical button is actuated it basically sends a command that disables the electronic enable. To reset you need to reset the manual EStop AND the electronic EStop. So it does appear that this system is set-up properly and communicating as expected. This configuration is a bit different type of EStop, I believe, than a traditional mechanical EStop wherein the EStop mechanically disrupts the pathway for power to the actuators regardless of how the software is doing. However it appears to be the way the system is set-up, and certainly better than nothing. If the software crashes for some reason, I'm somewhat doubtful this mechanical EStop will work, but as long as you understand those risks, this should be manageable.

    I do not have the rnrmotion.dll for the breakout board yet. I'll PM you. Thanks!
    Also, I have not tried cutting yet, but just running all of the actuators while running the spindle at different rpm's. You might beat me to the actual testing if you get your system parameters loaded up soon....



  4. #52
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gmungas View Post
    Also, I have not tried cutting yet, but just running all of the actuators while running the spindle at different rpm's. You might beat me to the actual testing if you get your system parameters loaded up soon....
    Greg,
    Well I have been using your input data you have listed, it works for the most part, I would go with it, correctly their good numbers, I have a couple of bugs I have to workout, yes the stop is wired up for a program stop only nothing else, I'm not liking that, been looking how to make it a all stop button, but I have no extra switches internal in the controller to use so Its gonna have to be a rewire to accomplish, I'm doing this not having any instructions on my cnc at all nothing, no warranty or manuals no instructions this has been totally relied on digging info and asking questions to get it going, its running but I'm not ready to let it go on its own yet, I'm having communication issues between software, ports and pins configs, actual installed locations in controller, so. I have a little more work to do, but your info is sound, anyone reading and you have the 110v prt-e1500w spindle motor 1500w, controller with USB connection or db25, this setup will get you started.But there is still more to come.

    I have posted a translated manual for the 220v-380v version of this controller, it looks like the parameter date applies to all voltages as far as I can see you have to use the correct voltage input for what you have as a controller, 110v or 220v or 380v just pay attention to the inputs that are your setup voltage, spindle wattage, but most of the VFD functions are the same no matter what voltage you are using. So the list of parameters in that manual are good parameters, just get them programmed correctly.



  5. #53
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    Hi, hoping you can tell me if these settings are proper for my router. I have a unit like you described in the beginning of your post, but am unsure if my spindle is 400hz. Can you tell me how to determine that? Here is a pic of my controller. Thanks for any advice you can offer to me!


    Here are the settings I am referring to..........................................


    1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1 (may be able to skip this step)
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)

    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

    3) Set VFD to receive input frequency setting for spindle throttle control from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D031 to 1

    4) OPTIONAL but I would recommend for additional debug/safety reasons: Set VFD to allow manual spindle "stop" from terminal even when running from PC

    5) OPTIONAL: Set AVI terminal to readout spindle rpm instead of VFD frequency:
    a) Set D039 to 1

    6) To run the spindle manually with variable speed directly from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D032 to 0
    b) Make sure switch next to AVI terminal is set to "Manually"
    b) Use AVI "Pot Dial" to set spindle rpm
    c) Use AVI "Run" to start spindle
    d) Use AVI "Stop" to stop spindle or turn down Pot Dial to 0

    7) To run the spindle from the PC (note the PWM signal from Mach3 adjusts the setting of the AVI terminal as if it were the VFD Pot. The PWM signal is NOT going directly to the spindle motor):
    a) Make sure you have the right Port/Pin settings in Mach3 (see example settings below)
    b) Set D032 to 1
    c) Make sure switch next to PRT is set to "PC"
    d) Very important: On Mach3 User Panel, make sure you select and input the max spindle speed (i.e. 24000).
    e) Select the actual spindle speed by adjusting up/down arrows or dragging the column up/down for relative speed setting changes.
    f) Use "Spindle CW F5" button or "F5" to toggle turning the spindle on/of


    Mach3 software settings that work for my spindle and wiring configuration (if you have an issue with the X,Y,Z position controller settings let me know, but I think most don't have this issue):

    A) Ports/Pins
    1) Port Setup and Axis Selection
    i) Port #1 Enabled
    ii) Kernel Speed Set to 35000 Hz (this worked for my 2.9 GHz desktop controller, but you may need to use the lower 25000 Hz setting for slower machines)

    2) Motor Outputs
    i) Spindle Enabled = Active
    ii) Spindle Step Pin# = 1
    iii) Spindle Dir Pin# = 0
    iv) Dir LowActive = Active
    v) Step Low Active = Active
    vi) Spindle Step Port = 1
    vii) Dir Port = 0

    3) Input Signals
    i) EStop Enabled = Active
    ii) EStop Port = 1
    iii) EStop Pin Number = 10
    iv) EStop Active Low = Active
    v) EStop Emulated = Inactive

    4) Output Signals
    i) Enable1 Enabled = Active
    ii) Enable1 Port# = 1
    iii) Enable1 Pin Number = 14
    iv) Enable1 Active Low = Active or Inactive
    iv) Output#1 Enabled = Active
    v) Output#1 Port# = 1
    vi) Output#1 Pin Number = 17 (this should NOT be the Motor Output Step Pin (e.g. Pin #1 in my configuration) as may be indicated in some of the user manuals)
    vii) Output#1 Active Low = Inactive (important to make sure Spindle is On when Mach3 Toggle Switch is on. May need to change this setting if switch appears to be operating backwards)

    5) Spindle Setup
    i) Select "Use Spindle Motor Output"
    ii) Select "PWM Control"
    iii) Input "PWMBase Freq." (I used 421)
    iv) Input "Minimum PWM" ( I used 0%)

    B) Pulley Selection
    i) Pulley Number 4
    ii) Min Speed = 0
    iii) Max Speed = 24000
    iv) Ratio = 1

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.-20170511_215844-jpg  


  6. #54
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    Here are the settings I am referring to.......................

    1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1 (may be able to skip this step)
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)

    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

    3) Set VFD to receive input frequency setting for spindle throttle control


    from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D031 to 1

    4) OPTIONAL but I would recommend for additional debug/safety reasons: Set VFD to allow manual spindle "stop" from terminal even when running from PC

    5) OPTIONAL: Set AVI terminal to readout spindle rpm instead of VFD frequency:
    a) Set D039 to 1

    6) To run the spindle manually with variable speed directly from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D032 to 0
    b) Make sure switch next to AVI terminal is set to "Manually"
    b) Use AVI "Pot Dial" to set spindle rpm
    c) Use AVI "Run" to start spindle
    d) Use AVI "Stop" to stop spindle or turn down Pot Dial to 0

    7) To run the spindle from the PC (note the PWM signal from Mach3 adjusts the setting of the AVI terminal as if it were the VFD Pot. The PWM signal is NOT going directly to the spindle motor):
    a) Make sure you have the right Port/Pin settings in Mach3 (see example settings below)
    b) Set D032 to 1
    c) Make sure switch next to PRT is set to "PC"
    d) Very important: On Mach3 User Panel, make sure you select and input the max spindle speed (i.e. 24000).
    e) Select the actual spindle speed by adjusting up/down arrows or dragging the column up/down for relative speed setting changes.
    f) Use "Spindle CW F5" button or "F5" to toggle turning the spindle on/of


    Mach3 software settings that work for my spindle and wiring configuration (if you have an issue with the X,Y,Z position controller settings let me know, but I think most don't have this issue):

    A) Ports/Pins
    1) Port Setup and Axis Selection
    i) Port #1 Enabled
    ii) Kernel Speed Set to 35000 Hz (this worked for my 2.9 GHz desktop controller, but you may need to use the lower 25000 Hz setting for slower machines)

    2) Motor Outputs
    i) Spindle Enabled = Active
    ii) Spindle Step Pin# = 1
    iii) Spindle Dir Pin# = 0
    iv) Dir LowActive = Active
    v) Step Low Active = Active
    vi) Spindle Step Port = 1
    vii) Dir Port = 0

    3) Input Signals
    i) EStop Enabled = Active
    ii) EStop Port = 1
    iii) EStop Pin Number = 10
    iv) EStop Active Low = Active
    v) EStop Emulated = Inactive

    4) Output Signals
    i) Enable1 Enabled = Active
    ii) Enable1 Port# = 1
    iii) Enable1 Pin Number = 14
    iv) Enable1 Active Low = Active or Inactive
    iv) Output#1 Enabled = Active
    v) Output#1 Port# = 1
    vi) Output#1 Pin Number = 17 (this should NOT be the Motor Output Step Pin (e.g. Pin #1 in my configuration) as may be indicated in some of the user manuals)
    vii) Output#1 Active Low = Inactive (important to make sure Spindle is On when Mach3 Toggle Switch is on. May need to change this setting if switch appears to be operating backwards)

    5) Spindle Setup
    i) Select "Use Spindle Motor Output"
    ii) Select "PWM Control"
    iii) Input "PWMBase Freq." (I used 421)
    iv) Input "Minimum PWM" ( I used 0%)

    B) Pulley Selection
    i) Pulley Number 4
    ii) Min Speed = 0
    iii) Max Speed = 24000
    iv) Ratio = 1



  7. #55
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneusageek View Post
    Hi, hoping you can tell me if these settings are proper for my router. I have a unit like you described in the beginning of your post, but am unsure if my spindle is 400hz. Can you tell me how to determine that? Here is a pic of my controller. Thanks for any advice you can offer to me!


    Here are the settings I am referring to..........................................


    1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1 (may be able to skip this step)
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)

    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

    3) Set VFD to receive input frequency setting for spindle throttle control from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D031 to 1

    4) OPTIONAL but I would recommend for additional debug/safety reasons: Set VFD to allow manual spindle "stop" from terminal even when running from PC

    5) OPTIONAL: Set AVI terminal to readout spindle rpm instead of VFD frequency:
    a) Set D039 to 1

    6) To run the spindle manually with variable speed directly from the AVI terminal:
    a) Set D032 to 0
    b) Make sure switch next to AVI terminal is set to "Manually"
    b) Use AVI "Pot Dial" to set spindle rpm
    c) Use AVI "Run" to start spindle
    d) Use AVI "Stop" to stop spindle or turn down Pot Dial to 0

    7) To run the spindle from the PC (note the PWM signal from Mach3 adjusts the setting of the AVI terminal as if it were the VFD Pot. The PWM signal is NOT going directly to the spindle motor):
    a) Make sure you have the right Port/Pin settings in Mach3 (see example settings below)
    b) Set D032 to 1
    c) Make sure switch next to PRT is set to "PC"
    d) Very important: On Mach3 User Panel, make sure you select and input the max spindle speed (i.e. 24000).
    e) Select the actual spindle speed by adjusting up/down arrows or dragging the column up/down for relative speed setting changes.
    f) Use "Spindle CW F5" button or "F5" to toggle turning the spindle on/of


    Mach3 software settings that work for my spindle and wiring configuration (if you have an issue with the X,Y,Z position controller settings let me know, but I think most don't have this issue):

    A) Ports/Pins
    1) Port Setup and Axis Selection
    i) Port #1 Enabled
    ii) Kernel Speed Set to 35000 Hz (this worked for my 2.9 GHz desktop controller, but you may need to use the lower 25000 Hz setting for slower machines)

    2) Motor Outputs
    i) Spindle Enabled = Active
    ii) Spindle Step Pin# = 1
    iii) Spindle Dir Pin# = 0
    iv) Dir LowActive = Active
    v) Step Low Active = Active
    vi) Spindle Step Port = 1
    vii) Dir Port = 0

    3) Input Signals
    i) EStop Enabled = Active
    ii) EStop Port = 1
    iii) EStop Pin Number = 10
    iv) EStop Active Low = Active
    v) EStop Emulated = Inactive

    4) Output Signals
    i) Enable1 Enabled = Active
    ii) Enable1 Port# = 1
    iii) Enable1 Pin Number = 14
    iv) Enable1 Active Low = Active or Inactive
    iv) Output#1 Enabled = Active
    v) Output#1 Port# = 1
    vi) Output#1 Pin Number = 17 (this should NOT be the Motor Output Step Pin (e.g. Pin #1 in my configuration) as may be indicated in some of the user manuals)
    vii) Output#1 Active Low = Inactive (important to make sure Spindle is On when Mach3 Toggle Switch is on. May need to change this setting if switch appears to be operating backwards)

    5) Spindle Setup
    i) Select "Use Spindle Motor Output"
    ii) Select "PWM Control"
    iii) Input "PWMBase Freq." (I used 421)
    iv) Input "Minimum PWM" ( I used 0%)

    B) Pulley Selection
    i) Pulley Number 4
    ii) Min Speed = 0
    iii) Max Speed = 24000
    iv) Ratio = 1

    Well the picture is identical to the controller I have, and the settings listed here are only the basics, in other words to get you started, they will get your machine running without burning it up to start with, you have to remember no one has proper information to get these systems operating from the box because they as you found out come with nothing but the cardboard. I have a translated version of the 220v-380v manual supplied by one gentleman on here, and I did a rough translation using a program to translate it to English, so at least the real engineers can make sense of the info. I as alot of other people are hobbiests and didn't expect this kind of problem, so we came here seeking some answers to how to get this to work. And yes if you have the 110v 1500watt 400 hertz spindle motor its the same info. Here as its the same as ours, there are formulas to figure out your question look them up to convert volt to amp to Watts to hertz, hertz is the power being used, expression. So if you plug in the listed "d" codes and everything is working proper, you should be able to run your machine, not saying its the correct to start cutting things with but you can continue with getting it setup as we are. Hope this helps

    After rereading my post not sure if I Answered your question if you got a machine with the 1500watt spindle motor then these settings will work as I verified them buy inputting the data into my VFD, if you got the 800watt spindle motor as described in your purchase, then only some of these settings will work, but more then likely you should've gotten the prt-e750w controller as I've seen some of guys got for the 800watt spindle motor, remember theses settings are for the motor only not the axis, if you want the mach3 program to control spindle speed while cutting, then you need to get the settings correct or as some found out, you'll smoke your spindle.

    Later CHIMERA1960

    Last edited by CHIMERA1960; 06-18-2017 at 09:23 AM.


  8. #56
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    OK, so I have tried this, but did not get very far. I got to the end of step 1, where I reset the vfd to factory defaults. The readout said the word LOAD, and flashed a few other things pretty quickly, and then it said the number 50.00. Now when I try to perform step 2, the arrow keys on the front of the controller will not change the numbers like they were doing for step 1. And there is a little orange light under the stop button that is now on. Any clues what is going on here? Thanks for any advice,..............oneusageek...................................Allow me to clarify a bit. The arrow keys on the controller do still work, but when I push the FUNC key, and adjust it to D002, and then I push FUNC, then it says 50.0 (or something close to that, I am not in front of the machine at the moment). It is at that time that I cannot use the arrow keys to adjust it to 400, as in step 2. Also, am curious how to accomplish step 4. And I would assume that either step 6 OR 7 will be done, but not both?



    Quote Originally Posted by CHIMERA1960 View Post
    Well the picture is identical to the controller I have, and the settings listed here are only the basics, in other words to get you started, they will get your machine running without burning it up to start with, you have to remember no one has proper information to get these systems operating from the box because they as you found out come with nothing but the cardboard. I have a translated version of the 220v-380v manual supplied by one gentleman on here, and I did a rough translation using a program to translate it to English, so at least the real engineers can make sense of the info. I as alot of other people are hobbiests and didn't expect this kind of problem, so we came here seeking some answers to how to get this to work. And yes if you have the 110v 1500watt 400 hertz spindle motor its the same info. Here as its the same as ours, there are formulas to figure out your question look them up to convert volt to amp to Watts to hertz, hertz is the power being used, expression. So if you plug in the listed "d" codes and everything is working proper, you should be able to run your machine, not saying its the correct to start cutting things with but you can continue with getting it setup as we are. Hope this helps

    After rereading my post not sure if I Answered your question if you got a machine with the 1500watt spindle motor then these settings will work as I verified them buy inputting the data into my VFD, if you got the 800watt spindle motor as described in your purchase, then only some of these settings will work, but more then likely you should've gotten the prt-e750w controller as I've seen some of guys got for the 800watt spindle motor, remember theses settings are for the motor only not the axis, if you want the mach3 program to control spindle speed while cutting, then you need to get the settings correct or as some found out, you'll smoke your spindle.

    Later CHIMERA1960


    Last edited by oneusageek; 06-19-2017 at 06:46 PM.


  9. #57
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneusageek View Post
    OK, so I have tried this, but did not get very far. I got to the end of step 1, where I reset the vfd to factory defaults. The readout said the word LOAD, and flashed a few other things pretty quickly, and then it said the number 50.00. Now when I try to perform step 2, the arrow keys on the front of the controller will not change the numbers like they were doing for step 1. And there is a little orange light under the stop button that is now on. Any clues what is going on here? Thanks for any advice,..............oneusageek...................................Allow me to clarify a bit. The arrow keys on the controller do still work, but when I push the FUNC key, and adjust it to D002, and then I push FUNC, then it says 50.0 (or something close to that, I am not in front of the machine at the moment). It is at that time that I cannot use the arrow keys to adjust it to 400, as in step 2. Also, am curious how to accomplish step 4. And I would assume that either step 6 OR 7 will be done, but not both?
    Well the reason you see the 50.00 flashing is because you reset the VFD to factory settings. By the way did you download the prt-e1500w translated manual from this site go find it and look it over, I posted it the other day?

    So now what you have to do is start inputting data from scratch, first you need to go to d001 and change it, its currently at 0 and needs to be set to no. 1 to make changes to the current "d" settings list.
    Then as Greg pointed out there is a sequence you have to follow to input data correctly, once you understand this and remember it has to be in that order, it will get easier as I found out from the beginning. Then using all of Greg's info input the data, when your done inputting the data correctly you can then hit the function button and it will reset to green meaning you've input all the correct data and the VFD now knows it has enough data to start safely.

    The VFD will change the flashing zeros and lock to a steady list of zeros and stay that way.You have completed the basic reset of the VFD all inputs have taken. If you see the 50.00 flashing on the screen your still at the basic reset values that are flashing. You have to put in all the correct ones before it clears. So you really have to pay attention to what's happening so you don't mess up the inputs or you'll miss one and that's not a good thing, then once your sure you have it
    reset d001 to zero which now locks all the values you put in because if you don't then you or someonelse can change the values at ant time till you lock it up with the d001 reset to "0" its gonna take a little getting use too and please read the manual first, give it a go good luck,

    P.s using these settings and making some adjustments I now have my system up and running as of yesterday with the mach3 program controlling the spindle speed, I still need to make some adjustments in my opinion but hay its more then I had 4 weeks ago, nothing but flashing zeros and no idea why, straight out of the boxmachono info at all till I came here, the instant I turned it on it was flashing zeros and would not lock to green when I hit the function key, it will once you get the inputs correct.

    Later CHIMERA1960



  10. #58
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIMERA1960 View Post
    Well the reason you see the 50.00 flashing is because you reset the VFD to factory settings. By the way did you download the prt-e1500w translated manual from this site go find it and look it over, I posted it the other day?

    So now what you have to do is start inputting data from scratch, first you need to go to d001 and change it, its currently at 0 and needs to be set to no. 1 to make changes to the current "d" settings list.
    Then as Greg pointed out there is a sequence you have to follow to input data correctly, once you understand this and remember it has to be in that order, it will get easier as I found out from the beginning. Then using all of Greg's info input the data, when your done inputting the data correctly you can then hit the function button and it will reset to green meaning you've input all the correct data and the VFD now knows it has enough data to start safely.

    The VFD will change the flashing zeros and lock to a steady list of zeros and stay that way.You have completed the basic reset of the VFD all inputs have taken. If you see the 50.00 flashing on the screen your still at the basic reset values that are flashing. You have to put in all the correct ones before it clears. So you really have to pay attention to what's happening so you don't mess up the inputs or you'll miss one and that's not a good thing, then once your sure you have it
    reset d001 to zero which now locks all the values you put in because if you don't then you or someonelse can change the values at ant time till you lock it up with the d001 reset to "0" its gonna take a little getting use too and please read the manual first, give it a go good luck,

    P.s using these settings and making some adjustments I now have my system up and running as of yesterday with the mach3 program controlling the spindle speed, I still need to make some adjustments in my opinion but hay its more then I had 4 weeks ago, nothing but flashing zeros and no idea why, straight out of the boxmachono info at all till I came here, the instant I turned it on it was flashing zeros and would not lock to green when I hit the function key, it will once you get the inputs correct.

    Later CHIMERA1960

    CHIMERA1960, I do not know how to find the translated manual that you have posted. Any possibility that you could send it to me at the email address that I have already sent to you by private message? Thanks!



  11. #59
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by oneusageek View Post
    CHIMERA1960, I do not know how to find the translated manual that you have posted. Any possibility that you could send it to me at the email address that I have already sent to you by private message? Thanks!

    CHIMERA1960 and GMUNGAS, just wanted to say that you are both awesome individuals! Thanks to the efforts of both of you, my Chinese router spindle now runs through Mach3, and I am ecstatic. Thank you both so much, you are appreciated!



  12. #60
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    29
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oneusageek View Post
    CHIMERA1960 and GMUNGAS, just wanted to say that you are both awesome individuals! Thanks to the efforts of both of you, my Chinese router spindle now runs through Mach3, and I am ecstatic. Thank you both so much, you are appreciated!
    That's great too hear, I give most of the credit too gmungas with that awesome write up, hey did you get the manual? Get it printed out and put it in a safe place it has good data in it. Also make sure you have cooling to your motor don't run it too Lang without it or it will get hot, also at this point that now we have it functioning we have to tweak the settings to actually do work and post the results, I haven't herd from gmungas for awhile so I'm thinking he is busy whittling out a new hood ornament with his CNN loll just kidding.

    Again great to hear your up and running pass the word, it does work when you understand how it has to be input.

    Take Care Chimera1960

    CHIMERA1960


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.