Need Help! 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkleptokidd View Post
    i've tried asking them before but all they do is keep sending the same manual to me.
    They make this VFD, and don't have a very good manual, if you had it you would not be able to understand it anyway, I will work with you to get it running

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    They make this VFD, and don't have a very good manual, if you had it you would not be able to understand it anyway, I will work with you to get it running
    Ive tried the settings and I cant get it to work, is there a difference between if it has the 800w of 1.5kw spindle?

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive tried the settings and I cant get it to work, is there a difference between if it has the 800w of 1.5kw spindle?
    No only the amp settings which I never found, now if you have the main Parameter settings in place, then there will be some control things we can try, Does the VFD power up ok can you do some photos, have you opened the cabinet

What setting did you use in D031
    D032
    D033

Try them all at 0

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No only the amp settings which I never found, now if you have the main Parameter settings in place, then there will be some control things we can try, Does the VFD power up ok can you do some photos, have you opened the cabinet

What setting did you use in D031
    D032
    D033

Try them all at 0
    ive tried them all and it turns on the spindle but it only stays at 144.6

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

ive tried them all and it turns on the spindle but it only stays at 144.6
    Don't run it at that speed for very long only just to try the speed, this could damage the spindle

Do you have all the Parameters I posted these must all be in place before running

Have you switched the Spindle Mode Switch set to Manual on the front of the control Panel

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't run it at that speed for very long only just to try the speed, this could damage the spindle

Do you have all the Parameters I posted these must all be in place before running

Have you switched the Spindle Mode Switch set to Manual on the front of the control Panel
    I did put all the settings in place and I changed it to manual.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did put all the settings in place and I changed it to manual.
    Another 2 to try just do 1 at a time and try it, it could be just one Parameter some where I will keep looking there may be something I missed, the manual I have is in Chinese and it has not translated very well

Change D036=0 to Zero also

D020=400
    D040=100

Is your power supply 120v or 240v

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another 2 to try just do 1 at a time and try it, it could be just one Parameter some where I will keep looking there may be something I missed, the manual I have is in Chinese and it has not translated very well

Change D036=0 to Zero also

D020=400
    D040=100

Is your power supply 120v or 240v
    Its 120v

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its 120v
    I tried the d020 and d040 setting and it does the same thing.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried the d020 and d040 setting and it does the same thing.
    So the trim pot makes no difference when you turn it, we will try some different setting that control this D031=5

Do you have the VFD in the right mode for Running you may have to scroll to select this

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a 3020 with 800W spindle last week and thanks to this thread I figured out how to get it working.
    The manual states only to change D032 to 1, which did not work when trying to control it from Mach3, the motor simply does not start even if the display shows the right values and I do hear a relay click in the controller.
    Setting D032 back to 0 solved the situation for me! I have not had to change any of the other values other than D001 to 1 to allow changes to be made.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for the info and figured I'd post this for future reference, because I'm sure everyone else going by the manual will run into the same problem and will most likely end up on Google and hopefully finding this thread

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by snq View Post
    I bought a 3020 with 800W spindle last week and thanks to this thread I figured out how to get it working.
    The manual states only to change D032 to 1, which did not work when trying to control it from Mach3, the motor simply does not start even if the display shows the right values and I do hear a relay click in the controller.
    Setting D032 back to 0 solved the situation for me! I have not had to change any of the other values other than D001 to 1 to allow changes to be made.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for the info and figured I'd post this for future reference, because I'm sure everyone else going by the manual will run into the same problem and will most likely end up on Google and hopefully finding this thread
    Could you look at all your parameters well up to 40, and write them down, as koolkleptokidd is still not running, his spindle turns on, but will not get up to speed, it could be just one parameter that is not set correct, and from what you have set, we may be able to see what is wrong

Mactec54

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast