Newbie Looking To Purchase An OmioCNC X8-2200 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Looking To Purchase An OmioCNC X8-2200

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie Looking To Purchase An OmioCNC X8-2200

Quote Originally Posted by madeinoz67 View Post
    As a new owner of an x6-2200 with orange box I can say that so far I'm extremely happy with it, build quality and accuracy of cuts. Delivery was very quick and hassle free

I love the orange box once I found the right post for fusion.

I've only just done my first cuts on aluminium and it seems to chew through it easily one thing I did add a cheap Chinese mister to it when I first received it and helps considerably.

So far majority of my work ( all hobby related) is isolation milling of pcb. Out of the box the orange box model works with coppercam so was extremely happy that no headaches there. Accuracy is great as I do all my work in 0603 Smd and it has no problems with this, with 15 and 30 deg vbits I'm finding it can do all I want.

Finding a post for fusion was another matter but now have a working one but currently doesn't support the 4th axis. No biggy ATM but mine is 4 axis machine so would like to use at some time.

I'm glad I went with the orange box as I didn't want to have a pic tied up, Very way to use and I simple copy m Gcode to USB plug in and away I go.

So in the short time I've owned this bit of kit I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm also a new owner of an x8-2200, and I was very happy with the orange box working with rhinocam and using a mach3 post processor, but when I switched to Fusion 360 I couldn't find any working post processor for this machine. Currently I'm using boxzy post processor, but I had to manulally add the lines to turn on and off the spindle to the Gcode (I'm a newbie regarding gcodes and post processors). What post processor are you using with your machine in Fusion 360?

Beforehand thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by guarenkiltro View Post
    Hi! I'm also a new owner of an x8-2200, and I was very happy with the orange box working with rhinocam and using a mach3 post processor, but when I switched to Fusion 360 I couldn't find any working post processor for this machine. Currently I'm using boxzy post processor, but I had to manulally add the lines to turn on and off the spindle to the Gcode (I'm a newbie regarding gcodes and post processors). What post processor are you using with your machine in Fusion 360?

Beforehand thanks!
    I found the post here near the bottom of the page, but unfortunately it's only 3 axis, he does have a video showing him engraving using the 4th axis but he swaps out the x/y axis rather than using a-axis.

BrainRight - Modular CNC Controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found the post here near the bottom of the page, but unfortunately it's only 3 axis, he does have a video showing him engraving using the 4th axis but he swaps out the x/y axis rather than using a-axis.
    BrainRight - Modular CNC Controller
    I'll give it a try when I get back to my shop!

Thanks! I've been looking for a working post processor for days and still haven't found a decent one yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by coolice1 View Post
    Evening All.

I'm new here, having stumbled across your forum looking for cnc router reviews.I have posted in the tell us about yourself page I do have engineeringexperience, serving as an apprentice for 5 years in a small machine shop andgaining experience of lathes, mills, grinders and basic cnc G coding on aconverted Bridgeport mill.

Basically I am considering purchasing a Omiocnc X8-2200, I'm going with thissize due to the item size I want to machine or I'd go smaller. Having startedto look at the 8060 CNC routers, I stumbled across the Omio and have understoodits H-win rails are better than the linear bearing types.

Material wise I will be cutting 15mm MDF and 6mm acrylicto start with for my jobs, but will of course look to cut other materials andthicknesses to make the machine work as I get used to it.

I’ve read up on the various controllers, the usual blackboxed type is the preferred version paired with Mach3, but this Omio has thisnewer standalone orange box which sounds appealing and just swallows anoutputted G code, but is also very different it seems.

I’m in contact with another forum member already,Zeeflyboy (we both fly RC heli’s) but I wanted to seek other people’s opinionsas well who’ve had or have these machines already, how are you finding them andare you pleased with it?

Also this new orange control box, is anyone using itcurrently and is it good to use?

Thanks for your time.

Ian
    Hi,

I'm new to CNC and plan to acquire an X8-2200, any advice for this hardware ?

Thanks,

Rivo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rrazaf View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to CNC and plan to acquire an X8-2200, any advice for this hardware ?

Thanks,

Rivo
    Hello Rivo.

Sadly no, as I purchased an 80 watt laser cutter after my original posts here enquiring about the Omio.
    However almost 2 months ago now I purchased a Chinese 6040 cnc router and built my own offline controller box to run it, so this compliments the laser nicely.

The frame is the usual 6040 setup with Nema 23 steppers, for the controller I went with a DDCSV1.1 offline unit and teamed it with a 24 volt power supply and TB6600 stepper drivers.
    So far it's working really well and I'm pleased with it. The DDCSV1.1 means I don't need a seperate PC and then Mach3 or other to control the cnc.
    Just create the Gcode file on my PC, transfer to usb memory stick and plug it into the offline control box, load it up and hit start.

From memory, Omio offer a similar control box, not sure if it's quite as good as the DDCSV1.1 which has gained a good following and some nice firmware changes. But it will be worth a look.

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by coolice1 View Post
    Hello Rivo.

Sadly no, as I purchased an 80 watt laser cutter after my original posts here enquiring about the Omio.
    However almost 2 months ago now I purchased a Chinese 6040 cnc router and built my own offline controller box to run it, so this compliments the laser nicely.

The frame is the usual 6040 setup with Nema 23 steppers, for the controller I went with a DDCSV1.1 offline unit and teamed it with a 24 volt power supply and TB6600 stepper drivers.
    So far it's working really well and I'm pleased with it. The DDCSV1.1 means I don't need a seperate PC and then Mach3 or other to control the cnc.
    Just create the Gcode file on my PC, transfer to usb memory stick and plug it into the offline control box, load it up and hit start.

From memory, Omio offer a similar control box, not sure if it's quite as good as the DDCSV1.1 which has gained a good following and some nice firmware changes. But it will be worth a look.

Ian
    Yes the standalone controller Omio uses is a rebranded ddcsv1.1 controller and works well. My only gripe is the inability to interact with pcb isolation routing with surface probing, but other than that I’m glad I purchased it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes the standalone controller Omio uses is a rebranded ddcsv1.1 controller and works well. My only gripe is the inability to interact with pcb isolation routing with surface probing, but other than that I’m glad I purchased it.

Thanks all for your answers,

What other manufacturers do you think can provide this type of product ? With/without the box.It will be used mainly with hard wood such as rosewood or acacia ?

Regards.

Rivo

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rrazaf View Post
    Thanks all for your answers,

What other manufacturers do you think can provide this type of product ? With/without the box.It will be used mainly with hard wood such as rosewood or acacia ?

Regards.

Rivo
    I only saw this today on YouTube so try contacting them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I asked another manufacturer who provides different equipments, they told me that with the same machine I can cut and carve stone as well as wood, is that normal ?
    Another question, to cut a 5mm thick rosewwod, what is the required power of a CO2 laser ?

Regards,

Rivo

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a friend with a reported 60W chinese laser (so probably a 40/50W) and he struggles to cut 6mm pine. I have a chinese laser cutter that I replaced the tube with a true 80W and I can cut 12mm pine, but at slower feed rates. Hardwoods will require much lower feed rates at the higher powers but then introduces possibility of charring the work. I struggled to cut 10mm jarrah cleanly

I have no doubt the CNC will eb able to cut and carve stone, however will need water cooling and I would think much slower feed rates, all depends on the tooling you will be using.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks madeinoz67.

Regards.

Rivo

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi madeinoz67, I just received my X6-2200EPL (Orange Box). I've recently got it all set up, but I need to get some supplies before I run it.
    I downloaded Fusion 360, but I need to learn about this post processing (GCode).

What is the latest on your system?

Downloads
    Uploads

Update, the cables are too short. I'm going to have to lengthen the cables. If they were only 6 inches longer, they'd be okay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12