Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2141

Thread: OmioCNC report

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    Damn, want to adopt an overgrown kid?
    Haha. If you’re not too far away and need something your machine can’t handle maybe you could have a play..

Quote Originally Posted by erik65 View Post
    Good info, didn't think of the swelling issue with MDF. I've never heard of SRBP, but what I do use every day is acrylic. That doens't swell and doesn't hurt cutters. So I probably just make two of the same spoil boards, one of MDF and on top of that one of plexi. Easy job with the lasercutter.

Zeeflyboy, on page 8 you mentioned that you replaced the 3-wire spindle cable for a4-wire shielded one to get proper ground. What kind of connector did you use to connect this cable at the back of the control box? Original the connector is a 3-pin connector.
    I would recommend ditching the rear connector altogether and running the new cable and shield all the way up to the VFD. That then shields the important stretch of cable moving past the drivers and BOB inside the box. If you ever need to remove it, the VFD has screw clamp terminals so it’s easy peasy anyway. No need for connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    ..... I would recommend ditching the rear connector altogether and running the new cable and shield all the way up to the VFD. That then shields the important stretch of cable moving past the drivers and BOB inside the box. If you ever need to remove it, the VFD has screw clamp terminals so it’s easy peasy anyway. No need for connector.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That might be a good idea too. In the meanwhile I did find the source for the 16mm connectors, thx to a comment on page 13 (yeah, I'm slowly reading through this complete topic! )

Downloads
    Uploads

FWIW, Erik, I haven't upgraded the spindle cable. Once I grounded the machine frame, I didn't need to.

There's a lot of good mods in this epic but bear in mind not everyone needed to do all of them. Collect the ideas, info, sources for kit etc by all means but I wouldn't go pre-emptively fixing problems before they show up for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing, collecting all the interesting comments in a Word document. I grounded the frame yesterday and checked continuity from all parts, including the spindle, to the wall socket and that was OK. So I guess that I will only ground the VFD in the control box, that definitely is missing ground.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by erik65 View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing, collecting all the interesting comments in a Word document. I grounded the frame yesterday and checked continuity from all parts, including the spindle, to the wall socket and that was OK. So I guess that I will only ground the VFD in the control box, that definitely is missing ground.
    The VFD is grounded via the case, on the bottom is a big metal plate. I actually removed my VFD from the black box because I was having big problems with the USB connection dropping out. It helped a bit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The VFD is grounded via the case, on the bottom is a big metal plate.
    Ah, that is good news. Then everything on my router that should be grounded, is grounded.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are these the correct soft limits on the X6 (see attachment)? These are the settings in my machine that I bought secondhand.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OmioCNC report-2-png  

After your S***** M03 command, on the next line put in ‘G04 X**’

G04 being wait and X being seconds, so G04 X2 would wait 2 seconds before moving to the next block.

Finally got time to play in my shop with the G04 dwell command, just a note for others I found the "X" for time function didn't work for my machine, I found my CNC required a "P" representing pause. So I wrote G04 P5 on the line after my M03 command. This paused my machine for 5 seconds as the spindle spun up to speed. It worked great!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you guys handle the maximum feed rate of the X6. According to the manufacturer's specs this is 4000mm/min (equals to 157 i/min), which seems so low to me. For instance a machine like the Stepcraft Q.204 has with 394 i/min more than double the feed. I'm asking because the Omio maximum gives me a 'headache' in CNCcookbook's feed and speed calculator, always running into the max feed rate.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

It can’t run a lot faster. I went to 5000mm/min, some people are running it faster, but I had some binding issues. Probably because my ballscrews aren’t quite straight. They’re not supported very well either.

Edit: it’s worth pointing out as well most wood routers have at least 10mm or usually higher pitch (20mm or 25mm) screws for speed, ie each rotation of the motor and screw moves the axis double or more the distance. The omio has 5mm pitch screws for torque and accuracy. Given how thin they are (and the already mentioned poor support) there’s only so fast they can spin before they start to whip anyway, the Y axis being the main problem.

Quickly using a ball screw critical speed calculator, and this is assuming aligned proper rigid ballscrew mounts instead of skate bearings pressed into a piece of extrusion with questionable alignment, the calculator says a max rpm of 1160 on the Y or 5800mm/min feed rate.

Last edited by Mmpie; 02-03-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please could somebody help me with how to get rid of the fault in the attached video (had to zip it for some reason I'm afraid). I tried a cut this morning and my machine has started stuttering in the y-axis; all other axes are fine. It's also a cut that I've made a few times before with the exact same settings. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davekenyon View Post
    Please could somebody help me with how to get rid of the fault in the attached video (had to zip it for some reason I'm afraid). I tried a cut this morning and my machine has started stuttering in the y-axis; all other axes are fine. It's also a cut that I've made a few times before with the exact same settings. Thanks in advance.
    Can you stick it on YouTube? I’m on my phone so unable to unzip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bloody hell - didn't know I could... but I have!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by davekenyon View Post
    Bloody hell - didn't know I could... but I have!

Doesn’t sound like the motor is stalling so must be coupler slippage. Tighten up the little coupler connecting the motor shaft to the end of the screw, it clamps on each side so give them both a crank. Given it’s been spinning inside the surface of the coupler could be ragged, might be worth buying a better one to replace them all anyway.

It will look similar to this

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's got it sorted thanks! Any recommendations on improved couplers? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn’t sound like the motor is stalling so must be coupler slippage. Tighten up the little coupler connecting the motor shaft to the end of the screw, it clamps on each side so give them both a crank. Given it’s been spinning inside the surface of the coupler could be ragged, might be worth buying a better one to replace them all anyway.

It will look similar to this

Nice pick up Mmpie!

Downloads
    Uploads

Have anyone had problems with losing steps on Omio? I purchased a Omio X8-2200L-USB more than an a year and have used it on daily basis without any problems. However, last week it began losing steps on Z, not often but all of a sudden when I don't want it to happen (ruined two pieces of nice exotic wood and a router bits).
    I have checked so there is no obstruction when turning the screw. Tigthened the screws on the flexible jaw coupling. I also diconnected the cable and connected it to a multimeter (in beep mode) and while bending it on critical positions.
    I can make two or three successful jobs (running approximately one hour) and then it fails all of the sudden.

Downloads
    Uploads

That sucks

Could something from the job be jamming the screw during the cut? You reckon it's moving freely now, but don't forget the problem is spurious. Could it be too aggressive a Z move on the toolpath - sometimes you get away with it, sometimes not? I'd also maybe try switching the stepper with another axis and see if the problem moves, then maybe the driver, just to eliminate those.

For the last few weeks I've been building a new electronics cabinet for my X6-2200L centered around a UC300ETH and UB1 breakout board. Just recently I figured out VFD speed control and decided to make a video on it. I know there's a few guys here looking to make the transition over from Mach3 to UCCNC as well so I'm going to try to do my best to document my progress in video format.
    Current issue is that I'm not sending a pure 0-10V analog speed signal to the VFD but something much closer to 0-13V so I'll have to play around with VFD parameters and UCCNC's PWM configuration to resolve that. Next step is to clean up the wiring, make some chips, and start working on preparing for the ATC spindle that I ordered from JGL.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same problem with the Nowforever VFD.
    The 12V output is closer to 13V, so I used a 7810 low drop out Voltage Regulator to drop it down to 10V.
    Works fine.

Steve

Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107 ... LastLast