Newbie OmioCNC report - Page 101

Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2141

Thread: OmioCNC report

Default Re: OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    You can also (if you're using Mach3) set the start/stop delay on the spindle settings page. That way you don't forget
    Perfect dharmic, I like the one step solution. I am using Mach 3 so I'll dig around and find that setting, many thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

FWIW, if you end up finding yourself playing with a CAM Post processor for your machine, Mmpie's approach might be better. My approach has a couple of downsides. It applies to the stop as well as start, so if you shut down the spindle at the end of the job then want to manually move it, you have to wait. Nothing major but it is an annoyance. I have a small laser (3W?) I can hang off my spindle and run from CAD, and yeah - that's annoying, waiting for the spindle delay when the laser comes on before it moves.

So if you're playing in POST land, might be worth investigating the adding of a dwell code after your M3 - that way you don't have to remember but it only affects spindle startup, nothing else.

FWIW, if you end up finding yourself playing with a CAM Post processor for your machine, Mmpie's approach might be better. My approach has a couple of downsides. It applies to the stop as well as start, so if you shut down the spindle at the end of the job then want to manually move it, you have to wait. Nothing major but it is an annoyance. I have a small laser (3W?) I can hang off my spindle and run from CAD, and yeah - that's annoying, waiting for the spindle delay when the laser comes on before it moves.

So if you're playing in POST land, might be worth investigating the adding of a dwell code after your M3 - that way you don't have to remember but it only affects spindle startup, nothing else.
    Ah good to know! Hmmm, life is best with options! : )

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by Omnivore View Post
    RCaffin, back on page 64 of this monster thread, you said "Anticipating this happening, I had made up some temporary thread mills using silver steel and I practiced on soft plastic first". Could you expand on that, please? I've been considering my options for doing this. Lathe turn profile then 4th axis + Dremel cutoff wheel in the spindle? Suggestions welcome.
    I started writing a reply to this the other day and never finished it.

I have seen other people using some commercially available single point thread mills, I’ve never looked for them really, but you can get these micro ID lathe tools, (I have a simturn AX system but there’s a few different brands doing the same stuff). They’re like little carbide bars with built in tool tips, could easily put one of the single point threading tools in a collet and use it for thread milling.

But your idea of sticking a dremel wheel in the spindle is brilliant, wish I’d thought of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey dharmic I set my startup delays for 10 secs on the spindle setup page but when I start a job they do not work? Yes I pressed the apply button, the spindle starts and it goes into the work straightaway without a delay. I have broken a few bits because of this. I should not have to change the G-Code as it should work from the setup page. Anything else I can try?
    Nick

Downloads
    Uploads

Same prob I am having with my X4-800L, I have setup delays in the spindle setup (under config tab) but its not working?
    Great little machine though!!

Downloads
    Uploads

What cam and post processor are you using? I never had this problem with my X6 using the mach3mill post in Fusion. I can’t remember what the post does off the top of my head but I know using the fanuc posts on my lathe and mill it adds a G04 in after any spindle speed change.

If using fusion editing a pause into the post should be pretty easy, it’s all JavaScript and relatively straight forward to figure out how it works and edit bits, the long part is searching through it all for the correct place to add it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Nick: that's a little weird, I wonder if it could be working for me because I chucked the YongNuo USB controller in the black box and replaced it with a UC400-Eth? Doesn't seem likely, but you never know.

I'll be on my machine later today, if all goes well. If I remember I'll grab some screen shots of the spindle and general setup panels for you to compare against.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NickB00 View Post
    Hey dharmic I set my startup delays for 10 secs on the spindle setup page but when I start a job they do not work? Yes I pressed the apply button, the spindle starts and it goes into the work straightaway without a delay. I have broken a few bits because of this. I should not have to change the G-Code as it should work from the setup page. Anything else I can try?
    Nick
    Have you looked at shortening your spindle acceleration times in your VSD? My default times were both 10 seconds. I changed mine to 1 sec with no ill effects.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks that will be helpful.

Hey Nick: that's a little weird, I wonder if it could be working for me because I chucked the YongNuo USB controller in the black box and replaced it with a UC400-Eth? Doesn't seem likely, but you never know.

I'll be on my machine later today, if all goes well. If I remember I'll grab some screen shots of the spindle and general setup panels for you to compare against.

Downloads
    Uploads

So your spindle got to full speed in one second? Thats another approach I suppose. So how do you do this and what is a VSD?

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Have you looked at shortening your spindle acceleration times in your VSD? My default times were both 10 seconds. I changed mine to 1 sec with no ill effects.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by NickB00 View Post
    So your spindle got to full speed in one second? Thats another approach I suppose. So how do you do this and what is a VSD?
    VFD.

Change parameter P0-009. 1 second sounds a little fast to spin up to 24k but have a play with it and keep an eye on the amps it’s drawing on startup as you decrease the accel time.

Here’s a link to the manual

https://www.docdroid.net/NYibeDM/now...00.pdf#page=39

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I am a total newbie that just got a X6-2200L. I am running the Mach3 that came with the machine although I did buy a license in advance of receiving the machine. I am also a total newbie to Mach3. The machine assembled fine and everything seems to be working with one exception- when I hit Ref All, the Z moves up and runs into the home switch and tries to keep going. The stepper motor keeps turning and the DRO keeps increasing. I have to hit Reset on the Reset switch on the control box to stop the stepper. I thought the Ref All was to home the machine at the beginning of each work session. I can Zero the DRO when not in Machine Coordinates but when I go back to Machine Coordinates, the DRO is way off. I thought the Ref All was supposed to home the axises by hitting the stop and backing off a small distance and zero the DRO machine coordinates.

I have cut a couple of the test g-code files and the machine works fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

mlchman

Downloads
    Uploads

In the diagnostics screen you can see if the switch is activating when you press it down with your hand, a green light will flash in the corresponding box. Obviously it isn’t activating right now, make sure it’s plugged in properly first and the contacts are clean and in good contact. Cable could be broken somewhere or a wire popped off inside the connector etc. IIRC the switch cable had a join to extend for X and Z somewhere after the 6 core breaks out for the Y switch (could be wrong, I replaced all my cables but I’m sure I remember it being like that) You should also have got some spare switches with the machine you can try plug one of those in to see if they work. Also check X and Y switches trigger in mach3.

Downloads
    Uploads

I forgot to mention - I went to the Diagnostic tab. The 3 indicators for the Home Switches are always unlit and they light up when I manually trip the switch so I think they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by mlchman View Post
    I forgot to mention - I went to the Diagnostic tab. The 3 indicators for the Home Switches are always unlit and they light up when I manually trip the switch so I think they are doing what they are supposed to do.
    Ok, wiring is good and it’s a config issue then. Did you install mach3 exactly the way omio instructions tell you to? There’s a button somewhere

***edit: operator menu > edit button script****

that allows you to click on a button in the screen and see the script attached to it. It should have something like

GetOEMdro
    [136]
    [137]
    [138]

It’s not that I’ve slept since I last looked at it but something along those lines. The numbers correspond to the inputs for each switch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, wiring is good and it’s a config issue then. Did you install mach3 exactly the way omio instructions tell you to? There’s a button somewhere

***edit: operator menu > edit button script****

that allows you to click on a button in the screen and see the script attached to it. It should have something like

GetOEMdro
    [136]
    [137]
    [138]
    This is what is in the Ref All script:
    DoButton( 24 )
    DoButton( 23 )
    DoButton( 22 )
    DoButton( 25 )
    ?
    DoOEMButton(133)
    DoOEMButton(134)
    DoOEMButton(135)

Downloads
    Uploads

I did exactly as the instructions say. I have not installed the pendant. The light in the diagnostic page light up yellow when the home switches are activated.

I appreciate all your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks right, although I don’t think the question mark should be there. Which button/input # flashes when you press each of the X/Y/Z switches manually?

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, it does not have the question mark in the script, that was inserted when I pasted.

X = M1Home
    Y = M2Home
    Z = M3 Home

Is it possible I am not doing something correctly which is causing the issue? After I turned on the computer and controller, I click the Ref All button. Z starts moving up, hits the home switch and doesn't retract and the Mach3 DRO keeps going up.

Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104 ... LastLast