Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience - Page 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Hello, I have at work one machine like this, unfortunately I have a problem with him.

I have a 1mm deviation on both X and Y axis, I mean, if I want to cut 100mm, the machine is actually cutting 101mm. I need to correct this but I don't know how. Please, if somebody knows how to remedy this to post here or to send-me a PM.

The machine have a lot of settings and I don't know which one to modify and how.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Lee,
    I am buying a machine with the Syntec 6MB controller.
    Many companies seem to choose it on serious ATC machines. We are looking at all brand name components.. and look forward to getting it and assembling it.
    Did you get an English user manual for the Syntec Controller? I am very familiar with Mach 3 that I use on a DIY machine... and I'm wondering about the learning curve, and the user friendliness of the Syntec controller.
    Can you suggest anywhere where I could learn more about it?.
    THanks
    P.S. do you think a customs broker is necessary to bring in the machine for yourself... or is it mostly about all the correct paperwork getting filled out?
    THank you in advance for any info.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can have a look for you on tuesday when I am back at work there is adjustment in the parameters for it I will see if I can work it out for you

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Company I used is called XYZ Machinery. I can say that like most Chinese companies I have dealt with before there had been minor issues but I have managed to sort them myself with help from this forum and a few friends. Even the Syntec System which people seemed unsure of I have found to be robust and never once had an issue or a crash with.

http://www.xyz-tech.com/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Frank ( Frankmali17 )
    I only had one problem with paperwork and it wasn't really a problem more like an oversight. In New Zealand the customs bureau makes them fill out an extra form it basically asks if the package has been fumigated and if it is prepared with accepted materials and is free of bugs etc. Because New Zealands major exports are meat, dairy and horticulture they take bio security very seriously. I emailed them the form They sent me a copy and that was it easy peasy.

Until 3 months ago I had never worked with a cnc, I do have a rather extensive background in electronic engineering and computer science but no first hand knowledge of CNC's up until I started reading. I have found the more I have used the syntec system the more I have appreciated the way it does things, I have also devised stratergies for starting the machine, homing work material and using the automatic alignment software. In short I really like Syntec and this comes from someone that has probably had far less cnc experience than most people including yourself. I think with the background you have in Mach 3 you wont find syntec very difficult.

There was 2 english manuals supplied with the syntec control system, a programming Manual and the other an application or user manual. To be fair the information is in them but its converted to english so for the most part I found them a little useless. On the plus side I might not consider myself an expert but maybe a high functioning syntec user and if you had any questions I would be happy to help

Cheers
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Lee,
    Thank you for your response, every bit helps.
    I was looking for manuals on the internet, but it does seam like they are translated, and not written too well...
    But it seems like a lot of companies are using it on serious machinery, so there must be good reasons for it...
    One question... I am ordering a Servo drive machine.. but I am curious if when the machine starts up...do you have a homing sequence to recalibrate the machine coordinate system?... I do this in Mach3 to compensate for any movement of machine when it is not powered on...
    THanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you have to use a Customs Broker to help with importing the machine? or were you Ok doing the forms yourself?

Downloads
    Uploads

Lee's in New Zealand I believe. I'd highly recommend a broker. You may even want to get a shipping price from them so its door to door. Otherwise the surprise fees can add up. The brokers add value to the importing, just shop it around to the larger players in your area.
    Just my 2 cents.
    BTW: I'm in Canada so unfortunately I don't have any recommendations,

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Gfacer2, where are you located...
    I'm in the USA...
    Did you import a machine? How was your experience?

Downloads
    Uploads

We imported laser's into Vancouver BC.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes Graham is right for the import process we used the DCB who are one of the local customs agents, they had an agent that worked in china at the port. He could confirm the arrival of the container to the port and also liaise with the company I was dealing with as to delivery to the port etc...The other good thing is the agent here can give you a quote. A little trick to be aware of is this. If you get the company to arrange the shipping to you then they can also have their selected agent in your country devan the container, this can mean additional costs. Another thing to be aware of is the difference between having a partial container and a full container. We found it was actually cheaper to get a full 20 ft container than have part of a forty ft container. A local customs agent in your home town can also give you a cost so there are no hidden charges.

When ever you first turn the machine on it automatically asks to home the machine. Its a simple process of touching the home button and then any of x y and z axis buttons it will home itself and adjust for you

Cheers
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I use Artcam, they can tell me postprocessor be used to syntec? please!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 post processors I have modified to work with Syntec, 1 is for Artcam and the other is for Vectric Aspire. PM me if you are interested and I can email you a copy of either.

Cheers
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SyntecLee View Post
    I have 2 post processors I have modified to work with Syntec, 1 is for Artcam and the other is for Vectric Aspire. PM me if you are interested and I can email you a copy of either.

Cheers
    Lee

thanks Lee, please check you inbox.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello gfacer2
    This is Mary from XYZ Machinery,the supplier of Lee's machine.Actrually we have North American support in Canada,so if you need the contact info let me know.

Mary

SKYPE/WeChat: Mary_xyz-tech
    Facebook: Mary Lee (cnc router)
    Email: mary@xyz-tech.com

[email]mary@xyz-tech.com[/email]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I posted this one to SyntecLee in a private pm, but maybe others would like to add something to the subject:

I just bought a CNC router from China, of course equipped with a tool sensor, 8-tool changer and Syntec 6MB.
    And I have the problem with how to set the work piece height with one tool (measuring gauge) and the others will follow according to the work piece height. All tools measured with tool sensor. But when I call next tool for milling it is just lost in height. I use G40, and G43 and call H compensation for the tool.
    How do you set the machine up? A video would be much appreciated.

The CNC manufacturer (which I will not tell) is just lost in space when it comes to tool changing and tool sensor. Even thou they provided me with the equipment.
    Thanks in advance!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will do a video with the way that I set up my auto tool changer in Syntec

Then I will post a link here

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yesterday I recorded a video on setting up the tools using the auto tool touch off

This basically focus's around using a reference tool that never changes and comparing the heights of all the other tools against it

This is my first video I hope to do others to do with other functions of the Syntec controller as most of the other videos I have seen on youtube seem to be more about selling a machine than explaining the use of it

Anyway here are the links, if you have questions then I will be happy to answer

As the video was a little bit larger than I expected I had to split it into two parts, but it is pretty much a step by step guide to setting it up

Part 1:

Part 2:

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my latest video, might be useful to people just starting out, basically takes through the setup of material, latching machine coordinates and loading and processing a g-code file.

Again this is for the Syntec 6MA control system

Cheers
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you send me the 2 post processors please?...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast