Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Purchased - SaleCNC.com XJ6090

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any updates?

Downloads
    Uploads

I wanna see how this does with Aluminum!

Whats the gantry clearance? Z axis movements says 3 inches...Doesn't make sense.

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm subscribing to this thread. I'm really interested to see how you like this machine and your overall experience with the company. For some reason, I'm not fully trusting timothyskyline and chrisforever's reviews. Both of them are very new to CNCzone and have very few posts (<10 posts between the 2 of them.) It kind of feels like they are plants from the company to troll around here and give good reviews. Viroy, please keep us updated with lots of pictures and videos when your machine arrives.

My name is Electric Nachos. Sorry to impose, but I am the ocean.
    http://www.bryanpryor.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I got that feeling too...

Downloads
    Uploads

I received a copy of the customs form with an ETA for delivery in Milwaukee on 3-22.
    I also noticed they updated their website with more videos and a Mach3 config file available for download.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cut little but cut fast

Hey Jason
    Don't worry about Aluminum. It really can cut. But if you cut a lot at once, of course machine will shake and cannot handle.
    You would need water cooling and flume. I cut and engrave aluminum all the time. My friend also bought this XJ6090 and engrave SKD stamp on steel!!! I don't want to tolerate machine that much haha But it works. What he does is cut little but cut fast. Make serveral paths. In the beginning we broke a lot of tools but at the end we found good technique and just want to share with you guys.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice to hear that your machine are scheduled to arrive in next week!
    Why dont you put a camcorder on a tripod when you unbox it?
    Since i guess you wont be thinking of taking photographs when it has arriwed :-)

If it is okay with viroy, maybe ppl could post images of their setups of cncsale´s machines in this thread. And parts that they have made.

Viroy: Have you found any good CAD and CAM software?

/DeVille

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ive been checking this thread very frequently lately since i have been doing research to purchase my first machine for about a year now. you said it was scheduled to arrive about two days ago if i remember correctly and was wondering if you have any updates. I wish to machine aluminum sprockets and stems for bmx bicycles so i am very interested in how this machine cuts aluminum. it seems like the best option out there for me with its price and xy working area. cant wait to see it cut! please video

Last edited by bmxGrant; 03-24-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, turns out that was the arrival date of the ship landing in USA.
    I received a 'telex' that has the all important "IT" number, this is like the tracking number. The telex also contained the name of the ship it traveled on and the contact info for the company overseeing the shipment. I have been talking with the freight company in CA about updates and what to do.

The package arrived in CA on the 22nd but customs chose my package at random to be x-rayed, which held it another week. It is now on a train heading to a warehouse in Milwaukee WI, but there's a small problem.
    Turns out if you import anything at all with a value of $2,000 or greater, they require that you get a "customs broker"... why, I'm not sure yet.
    I have been having real problems getting a customs broker, I've called 5 in the Milwaukee area but none have called back or been of any help.
    The packages estimated schedule to be in Milwaukee is on the 4th or 5th, sounds like it gets handled by about 5 different shipping companies (ship, customs, freight, train, warehouse) so the schedule is not a guarantee.
    The manager of the warehouse in Milwaukee WI has recommended one customs broker that they have spoken with for me, they have my number and are supposed to call back soon. So hopefully we can get everything squared away and ready for me to pickup next week.

Other than that, electrical and lighting is done, the warehouse does say they will load the pallet onto a truck for free. So now its just dealing with customs and paying the freight company and I can pick it up.
    *stamp on front of brain* ALWAYS ask exporter to declare value under $2,000!

Few unexpected surprises:
    Freight handling charge + customs XRay charge = $225
    Customs broker charge = $?
    Warehouse handling charge = $?
    Looks like this will cost me a few hundred yet + gas & time

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

conveniently i live in San Diego CA, so hopefully i can ship it to the port of sd or at least la and pick it up myself. Having value declared lower than 2,000 is a good tip. Sorry for the extra work for you but im glad its closer to ya! im chompin at the bit to see this thing in action and get my own!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Patiently Waiting!

I have been watching this thread to find out how this machine does on aluminum also.
    I was also looking at the YX6060 because I was unsure the machine your getting would cut aluminum. But I do like the table size.
    Please keep us posted!
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I would love for anyone with a SaleCNC machine to speak up and show some pictures of machined parts.

Ive been seeing alot of videos posted online by others with similar sized CNC systems cutting aluminum.... without using coolant.
    With a good quality tin/carbide endmill bit, I'm hoping to be ok with up to a 5mm cut depth.

I am making good progress with clearing customs.
    The customs broker has all the necessary info and is working to get the final approval done. Right now I have an estimated delivery date to the warehouse being the 16th.
    The customs broker is arranging shipment to my location with a lift truck, cost = $220. Not sure when I can expect delivery yet...

I checked into the YX series prior to purchasing, what I found was the precision is the same... but it has the heavier duty 2.2kw spindle and cast iron frame normally seen on their larger models. I paid I believe an extra $1500 to get those same features on the XJ6090. The work area of the YX is just too small for all my needs.

I will take many photos during delivery.
    Ill post an update when available.
    Right now I'm using SolidWorks with SolidCam & Mach3.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am really excited for you get this. I started thinking about my future and what I am going to do this summer. I wanted to upgrade to a larger CNC machine, but I think going this route might be the best. I'd rather have much much more room and cut more parts or larger parts at a slower pace. I don't think I would sacrifice speed or DOC with this machine anyway, I think I would be getting the 3.3 Kw Spindle so i can really chew up Aluminum.

No wood on this machine, just Aluminum non stop. I think it can handle it quite nicely, plus...more parts at once = win.

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

after running some simulations on my designs, I find it most important to be able to step down as much as the machine will let me. So I would prefer a stronger motor than faster feed rates. Being able to step down 2x as much saves 2x the time!
    i.e - one of my parts with a .1mm step down = 4 hours cut time... but a .5mm step down = less than 1 hour.

Downloads
    Uploads

Been e-mailing Jimmy and he is very helpful with everything. If I can make sure there is no surprise for any incoming tax etc, this machine sounds like it would be very nice. He has been very helpful.

Viroy, when will you get your machine???

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Just got a quote from Jimmy for the XJ6090 With the extended Z axis!
    I want that table size!

Downloads
    Uploads

Tell Jimmy you want the same setup Jason in Wisconsin USA purchased.
    Just MAKE SURE they declare TOTAL value at $1,900 or less, otherwise if you want to declare full value for a tax write off or maybe you are selling to a business... you have to get it bonded prior to being shipped from China or face customs fines.
    I strongly considered getting the XJ1212 with the 3'x3' bed, but it was over my budget with the extra additions (raised z-axis & 4th axis rotary).

I just received a call from the warehouse, it is in Milwaukee and ready for delivery...but the customs broker is slacking again. The broker I am working with said they could have it delivered by today or tomorrow, I told them to get it here ASAP.... but instead the agent has the day off and the warehouse still hasn't received customs clearance, which means Wednesday at earliest. sigh
    How come only the services we are REQUIRED to use are inefficient and slow?

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have recommendations for good end-mill bits?
    From what I have read, I believe Tin coated carbide end-mill bits are about the strongest bit made?

I would like to buy a complete set, from very small to about 1" would be a good start. Not sure how small they make the bits, but I think 1mm would be around the smallest I need.
    Kind of looking for a 'do it all' type bit, mainly designed for aluminum, but I will also be occasionally cutting wood, stone and composites... someday I might try steel and iron, I don't think the current cooling is sufficient for this, but I would like bits strong enough for the job.

I am also interested in threading. I originally considered using a dedicated thread tapping bit the only way, but then I found in SCAM a way to thread using a 'fluted' (I may be wrong, might be called something else, I cant remember off top of my head but I think its called a fluted) bit. Rather than looking like a drill bit with completely vertical sides, it has what looks like a type of saw blade on the end so you can cut sideways into stock.
    I will need a few of these and possibly some other specialty bits that I'm not yet aware of.

I am new to finding bits for my cutting needs, but I'm hoping there's a website store with complete sets and individual bits I can purchase.
    Please make recommendations and suggestions

I'm also curious about suggestions for 'out-of-the-box' type thinking... methods that are found to be way easier using a special bit to accomplish several tasks rather than using one standard bit for every operation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Viroy,

Jimmy gave me a nice quote and you know the extra $350.00 gives the Gantry 200mm clearance from the table, almost 8 inches and gives me a z-axis movement at 130 mm which is about 5.14 inches. Thats pretty good improvement for an extra 350.00.

You want a high helix end-mill for Aluminum. I personally find that MariTool.com sells real high quality end-mills and have made a few purchases from them. Those types of endmills should be real smooth with a powerful spindle such as the 2.2 Kw.

You can say that they are a bit pricey, but you pay for what you get. These are good quality end-mills for Aluminum and I wouldn't use anything else.

Hopefully, if I get this mill. I may equip it with a mist but certainly a vac system that can clean up the aluminum swarf. Should be a great machine and really allow me to do other projects not capable on a milling machine.

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I wouldn't have purchased without the extra Z clearance... well priced for the amount of height gained. I got the rotary too for $650, I do not know much about how to program for it yet though... I'll start on that after getting comfortable with 3-axis milling first.

I will check out that website, thanks for the tip
    I do not mind spending on quality bits, thats definitely what I'm looking for and agree, you get what you pay for.

I am thinking about building an 8020 enclosure for the machine, that way all the shavings will stay put... I'm expecting to be able to just brush them off the machine onto the floor and sweep up after.

By mist, do you mean a liquid pump for cooling the stock during cutting?
    I'm interested in this, but I dont see a practical way to do this without a proper way to drain the oil off the cutting table... I think it would pour inside the bottom part and make a huge mess.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast