JCUT 6090A or JCUT 6090B - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JCUT 6090A or JCUT 6090B

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardworks View Post
    Garyum1957, Been there done that. Since 911 there has been an exponential growth in paperwork. The customs people do not service individuals only brokers. They get involved at a value of $2000. Below that it is just like anything else from China. My J-cut representative seemed th think she could airfreight the tool kit and small items and container the rest splitting the salles price in two to be under the customs level. Too late for me I ended up paying $700. This comes from the customs duty, brokers fee, dock services from container to wearhouse, dock service from warehouse to the freight company, the freight (new york to norfolk va) the unloading fee at the customs wearhouse, inspection fee, trucking to the freight company wearhouse and loading in my truck for the last 60 miles. You will get several things from J-cut for your paperwork. You need to know the company which trucked your shipment from Jinan to Hong Kong, then you need to know the packer (the person who put your stuff in a container), the number of the container, and a few minor details. This info goes to the broker (located in the city where you will take posession of your machine). Then you get to do picture ID, birthday, where you were born , the usual suspects. There were 19 forms to sign to be sent to assorted places which were filled out by the broker. The paper work can be done in 3 or 4 days, mine took 3 weeks and must be complete before the ship arrives or complications arise.
    One thing you might do is specify the 2.2 Kw spindle motor which comes with ER20 collets for 1/2" shank bits. You can also use smaller bits with the smaller collet. You will also need a PC to run the machine. I used an older computer (733 Mhz , 384 Mb of ram) and it ran fine. My G-gode is about 430,000 lines and there were no problems until the power supply on the computer went bad.
    wizzardworks
    I also just ordered one of these machines. Are you saying if the declared value was set under $2000 i would not need a broker and have to deal with all the paperwork? Any more info on this would be great as i have never ordered anything like this overseas.

thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ISF (10+2) Customs Form reminder

Just a reminder for people in the US who are importing machines from China....

Make sure your broker submits this form to Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) before the machine is loaded on the ship.

"The ISF regulation (10 + 2) went into effect January 26, 2009. Your import cargo must be reported to CBP prior to loading overseas. Importers are responsible for proper filing. If you have not made arrangements to file your ISF, make sure this is being done on your behalf. Failure to comply with the regulations can result in per shipment penalty." (up to $5,000 penalty)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by naz1011 View Post
    I also just ordered one of these machines. Are you saying if the declared value was set under $2000 i would not need a broker and have to deal with all the paperwork? Any more info on this would be great as i have never ordered anything like this overseas.

thanks
    I thought that even in the U.S. if it was under $2000, you still needed a broker for processing the customs paperwork due to the size of the shipment?

BTW, over here in OZ it's $1000 for us! Hard to put the value of a 144 cubic feet crate as less than that! ;-)

Also, as someone else suggested, if you haven't already done, I would very strongly recommend NOT getting it wired for NC Studio but for MACH3 instead! For my one, I really regret that, and also for not getting the 2.2kW spindle!

cheers,
    Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I thought that even in the U.S. if it was under $2000, you still needed a broker for processing the customs paperwork due to the size of the shipment?

BTW, over here in OZ it's $1000 for us! Hard to put the value of a 144 cubic feet crate as less than that! ;-)

Also, as someone else suggested, if you haven't already done, I would very strongly recommend NOT getting it wired for NC Studio but for MACH3 instead! For my one, I really regret that, and also for not getting the 2.2kW spindle!

cheers,
    Ian
    I contacted a broker and looks to be at least $400 and that did not include all the port fees in which she said goes by weight. I guess i will find out when it arrives. Surprise, surprise. I also asked if there was a minimum and she said $250 , but i guess she could have been saying that to get my business. Wish i had more info. I was going to purchase the 4'x6' machine and i guess im glad i didnt. It weighs 3 x's the weight.

After reading the posts about the 2.2kw spindle ,im glad i upgraded. I also had it set up for mach3 as that is what i have always used. I also upgraded to the rack and pinion instead of ballscrew drive. Suppose to be more accurate with faster cutting speeds. Rack around 700" per minute and ballscrew around 200".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For the record, and if anyone else from NZ is thinking of one of these machines...

Brokerage fees, port and customs inspection fees here in NZ for a slightly larger/heavier crate (k6100 from quick CNC with vacuum pumps) is costing me a shade under $700 NZD. In NZ we also pay 15% GST on the landed value but no duty.

Cheers, me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichris View Post
    For the record, and if anyone else from NZ is thinking of one of these machines...

Brokerage fees, port and customs inspection fees here in NZ for a slightly larger/heavier crate (k6100 from quick CNC with vacuum pumps) is costing me a shade under $700 NZD. In NZ we also pay 15% GST on the landed value but no duty.

Cheers, me.
    Wow, that's pretty good! That works out to $560AU. As a comparison the port fees and brokerage fees alone came to $1000 all up for me, and the delivery fees were $400. I've got the full fees I paid on my blog for anyone thinking of getting one into OZ.

cheers,
    Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Wow, that's pretty good! That works out to $560AU. As a comparison the port fees and brokerage fees alone came to $1000 all up for me, and the delivery fees were $400. I've got the full fees I paid on my blog for anyone thinking of getting one into OZ.
    Wouldn't yours include some duty / tariffs as well though? NZ has a free trade agreement with China, and I believe we're the only country with that in place so far?

I'm only paying port and inspection fees, no made up corporate protection taxes or industry stand over payments. From what I understand port fees in Aussie are a bit steeper as well.

I'm picking my crate up from the depot, so I'm not paying delivery. (Renting a small truck by the looks of it, but more fun than paying someone else to do it! )

Cheers, Me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by naz1011 View Post

thanks
    The $2000 declared value figure was given to me by my broker in 2008. There is still the duty fee and shipping from the port to your location but the $375 brokerage fee and most of the paperwork is eliminated. I buy computer parts, CNC spindle motors and assorted other stuff. I know from recent experiance that a $660 order went thru for just the shipping charge ($25) from Hong Kong.
    It would probably be a good idea to talk to a broker. I used Michelle Katz. Her E-mail is Mkatz@hipage.com phone number is 757-446-1500 and the address is 227 Plume ST Norfolk Va. They did a real professional job and everything went smoothly. The container was delivered to the port of New York and the broker was in Norfolk so they don't necessairly have to be in the same city. I made 2 trips to their office to avoid mailing things but could have done it by printing stuff she sent me by E-mail and scanning the signed pages to send back, Some forms have to be an original not copys so a visit or mail will be required.

wizzardworks
    I am useing the NC-studio and have evolved to really like it. Being that it is the property of Weihong of China it is all part of the same goverment owned business and therefore to my way of thinking can't be pirated from itself. I got the Type3 and Artcam working but stayed with Rhino for the CAD and meshcam4 for the G-code. They all work together. I save the files as mach3 mm. The interpolation of curved surfaces is really good and no touch up or sanding so far. I have over 630 hours on the machine and it runs the same as it did when new.
    I read posts about whether there are limit switches and homing positions. Yes there are travel limits both soft limits and mechanical switches.You can also define the cutting area dimensions. The homing is to anywhere you specify (x y z cordinates) in the perameters menu, or if not checked it stops at the last line of G-code. You can home it under several situations such as pause or stop during execution as well. I have it set to retract in place to a height above the workpiece for tool changes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Wizard. The broker i had talked to in Tampa said there fee was around $135 and anything over $250 was the figure they gave me. I will give your broker a call and see if i get a different figure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When your saying the $375 brokerage fee was eliminated, i am guessing that you did not need a broker?

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all.
    I'm proud to say I received my JCUT 6090V today and got it un-crated, built a computer to control it, installed the JCUT supplied software (EMC2, Lazy Cam Sheet cam, etc.)

The shipping was free to Long beach Ca, but another 100 bucks got it on a rail car to Dallas. I used Pegasus Logistics here locally to handle the customs, fees, taxes and lift gate delivery to my garage. It took almost exactly a month to get it built, shipped, cleared and delivered to my door. Not bad, I'm told.

Even though I repeatedly asked for an LPT port BOB, I ended up with the USB version which has no instructions of any kind. It appears to install from the disc okay, but the EMC software doesn't seem to have a USB setup anywhere in the configs.

Anyone here know how to get the LPT-friendly software to talk to the USB interface?
    Any ideas?

So far, for just under $4000 US, I have a water pump and a green light. Awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, the machine is here. I got the JCUT 6090A with a fatter spindle and the 4th axis. The whole thing, including spare stepper driver and Rotary was about 3200.00 USD. Another 800 bucks to get a logistics company to get it here for me, delivered to my door.

It was scary, but in hindsight I didn't need to stress over it. Ignorance is a killer.

Anyway, the USB thing is a Jamen USB driver. The docs are in Chinglish but I muddled through enough to get the X,Y and Z moving.

Naturally my first act of machine movement was driving the spindle nut down into the work table. Fortunately the E-Stop is in easy reach and the table surface is covered with a soft plastic (sacrificial?) surface over the channels.

I have yet to figure out the spindle driver. Its a little variable speed driver which is supposed to be controllable from the USB also. So far no luck. There is no brand name on it that I can see. I'll post a real question on another thread, but basically, how do I turn on the spindle!?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garym1957 View Post
    Naturally my first act of machine movement was driving the spindle nut down into the work table.
    ROFL. My new machine has already claimed one engraving bit and nearly a 6mm end mill... I think it's just part of the process..

Good to hear you've got movement...

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichris View Post
    ROFL. My new machine has already claimed one engraving bit and nearly a 6mm end mill... I think it's just part of the process..

Good to hear you've got movement...
    I'm happy so far. Spindle works now, 12-bit resolution on the speed.
    I have X, y and Z...

I cut some foam using some of the wizards in Mach3. The circle functions, (circular hole pattern, circular pocket milling) always produced an oval, rather than a circle). Clearly my X motor and Y motor aren't in agreement over steps per inch. Does anyone know how to correct this? Its the Jcut 6090A.

Also, where is ZERO on this machine? Is it front, left on the table? Where is the z axis supposed to be? Up or down?

Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi-ho,

Can't help you on the specifics for a jcut machine, but as for x vs y, it's sorta up to you really.

My machine is 600x1000 and the narrow (600) is the X.

Same for the zero, although convention is bottom left corner when you're looking 'up' the Y and the X goes from left to right.

Cheers, Chris H.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gary,
    I don't know your controller so there are SOOOOO many things I can't help you with. I am pretty much an expert with WinCNC and I've set up a few with Mach, but I can't find anything about the controller you've chosen.

I can tell you that I have a JCut 6090A, so our machines should be similar. You should have a limit switch on X at the left most point, another on Y at the front most point, and another on Z at the top most point.

On my controller, I set a point about 0.25" from the home positions to be my X0,Y0,Z0. Botom left corner for XY, and top for Z. I can lower my Z to touch the table and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the table, or touch the top of my material and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the top of my material. You might be able to do something similar, I just can't find any info on it.

If you're not locked in to the EMC controller and are intending to pay money for an upgrade, I'd suggest going to Mach at least. There are people here who are experts with it and have built quite a reputation of helping others learn it and work out their problems. Just a thought...

From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Butterknife View Post
    Gary,
    I don't know your controller so there are SOOOOO many things I can't help you with. I am pretty much an expert with WinCNC and I've set up a few with Mach, but I can't find anything about the controller you've chosen.

I can tell you that I have a JCut 6090A, so our machines should be similar. You should have a limit switch on X at the left most point, another on Y at the front most point, and another on Z at the top most point.

On my controller, I set a point about 0.25" from the home positions to be my X0,Y0,Z0. Botom left corner for XY, and top for Z. I can lower my Z to touch the table and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the table, or touch the top of my material and set a G92Z0 there and cut from the top of my material. You might be able to do something similar, I just can't find any info on it.

If you're not locked in to the EMC controller and are intending to pay money for an upgrade, I'd suggest going to Mach at least. There are people here who are experts with it and have built quite a reputation of helping others learn it and work out their problems. Just a thought...

I had misspoke. The controller I have is a Mach3 setup with a USB.

Looking under my table I see a microswitch at the BACK of the machine. Do I take this to mean they want Zero at the back left and not the front left?

I assume your machine is set up to read these switches? I'll get out my multimeter and see if anything is connected under there.

This is very frustrating. Isn't there a tutorial out there someplace for Mach 3 on this general kind of table? I have bottomed out the Z and pinched wires under the back of the gantry because the software is merrily telling the machine to keep running when its pegged at the stops. Nothing about Mach3 is intuitive to a newbie and there appears to be no way to tell the damn software to BELIEVE me when I say "Zero is HERE".

And it still cuts ovals instead of circles.

Thanks very much

Downloads
    Uploads

Gary,

I think your Y axis is 10mm while your X and Z are 5mm. Go to Config>Motor Tuning, and choose X. Look at the number in the "Steps per" box.

I think your Y should be 1/2 that number. For example, if the one in X says 6000, your Y should be 3000. Does that make sense?

Not sure what your limits are. I asked, but I'm not sure they understood me. They said X was pin 1, Y was pin 2, and Z was pin 3. Go to Config>Ports and Pins>Input Signals. I think you'll want to set X--, Y--, and Z++.

Please be aware, I am not an expert with this controller. Others like Ger21 are. I would advise you to ask them before trying these suggestions.

You asked about a manual or help file, here is the manual.

Good luck,

From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default vacuum pump problems

Hello

Well i now have my machine from JCUT 8090B

The machine looks fine but the vacuum pump is not working. The motors spins but the vains produce nothing

Does any body have one of these

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JCUT 6090B USB interface

Hi all,

just three weeks ago I'm received my JCUT 6090B. I'm order Mach3 ready machine and I was expected the LPT breakout board. But surprise the machine arrived with this JAMEN JNC-40M USB interface board. This my board not working 100% with Mach3. I can moving the XYZ direction I can homing I can run G-code. But I can't control the spindle ON/OFF and speed with Mach3 and also soft limit no more working.

Somebody know this board and have good experience?

Thanks for your responds.
    Peter

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JCUT 6090A or JCUT 6090B-jnc-40m-jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast