Solved DRIVER BALL SCREW NOISE & SHAKING

Thread: DRIVER BALL SCREW NOISE & SHAKING

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DRIVER BALL SCREW NOISE & SHAKING

Hey guys,
    I solved an issue that I had recurring for some time now. My Y axis started giving me fits to the point that the machine was not fun to run anymore. I suspected wires loose at driver so I gave them a shake. It sparked inside the block. All the bells and whistles went off and I then took off a new block off of another driver and changed all the wires from the old to the new. Then I pulled off the old wire block from the driver and pushed on the new block. The old block came off way too easy, the new one went on with some effort and I seated it. I then backed off the gain and damp and turned up the damp till it got a bit noisy and backed off till quiet. I then turned up the gain till it got noisy and backed off till quiet. I then drove the axis and it was back to being nice and smooth. This really did clear all the old chips out of the ball screw.
    Thought I'd post this here lest someone else could use the info. It has been posted on the GeckoDrive website that those little blocks should be left alone, but I guess I didn't head the warning.
    I also recently saw that he has posted the simplest way to adjust much as I did above. I'd advise to go give it a good read.
    Good day to Ya !