Screen display

Thread: Screen display

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Screen display

Hi, I have a M400 control on a machining center with a 10.4" screen, just out of the blue the display has increased in size and no longer fits the screen ... any Idea what would cause this and how to correct it ? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Screen display

Most of the time screen resolution is controlled by the video driver. Check the M400 software and manual and look up screen resolution

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi thanks for the reply.. must admit I struggle a bit with this sort of thing , i've checked the manual and there's nothing in it Re: screen resolution, could you elaborate on the "check software" side of things.
    Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

What version of windows are you running? The first thing you can try is to right click your mouse on a blank part of the windows screen. Then go to screen resolution and check to see if it provides an option to increase the screen resolution. The monitor attached will be limited by its capability but since this worked before it is almost guaranteed you can increase the resolution then run m400 software and you should be good

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi thanks again but this is an old machine around year 2000 so the M400 is running MS-DOS Version 6.2 so the right click with a mouse on the blank part of screen is not an option...

Downloads
    Uploads

It has been a long time since I have used DOS and as I recall the resolution was 640 x480, google screen resolution under dos there was probably a command

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alansmill View Post
    Hi, I have a M400 control on a machining center with a 10.4" screen, just out of the blue the display has increased in size and no longer fits the screen ... any Idea what would cause this and how to correct it ? thanks
    Some of these systems had a screen resolution setting in the BIOS. This is because the LCD driver is part of the motherboard. It is a wide parallel bus, not standard VGA, etc. Look around the BIOS for a resolution setting. Your BIOS backup battery is probably dead, causing the setting to revert to default.