Simple question

Thread: Simple question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simple question

I am new to the centroid controller, but I also have a Tormach which I am more familiar with. What I am trying to figure out is why I can issue an MDI command to Z0 with two different tools, each with different Z offsets, and the machine doesn’t move in Z at all? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

B

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Simple question

When you say "with two different tools" - How are you calling up the tools?

Centroid has a few different methods available for defining tool lengths. You can use the tool library to fully define your tools and assign them a T number (which is necessary if you use their intercon programming software)

Or, you can enter the tool lengths on the tool offset page. This way works better if you do not keep standardized tooling. It's easier for cam programming as well (in my opinion). This way you do not have to worry if your centroid tool library and programming software tool library do not match.

To activate a tool length offset in MDI - using tool #1 as an example - type; G43 H1 [enter] >[cycle start]. The tool length for height offset #1 will remain active for all other MDI commands. The Z axis on your DRO feature will also display a compensated Z dimension.

It's a late reply but I hope that helps.