ACORN CNC z-axis triggers drive fault despite motor not being faulted and enabled

Thread: ACORN CNC z-axis triggers drive fault despite motor not being faulted and enabled

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ACORN CNC z-axis triggers drive fault despite motor not being faulted and enabled

Hello,

I hooked up a CNC controller to Clearpath motors using a C86ACCP board. When I tried setting up the DriveOK fault detection feature, my Z-axis kept giving a fault every time I move it. I checked for X-axis and Y-axis, and they're only triggering the Drive Fault if I go past their homing switches or go too far in 1 of the axis. Z-axis, anytime I move it, it triggers immediately, despite not going past the homing switch. I tried switching the wires for the axis, but that only made the axis I switched to give me the problem.

Plz help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ACORN CNC z-axis triggers drive fault despite motor not being faulted and enabled

Most likely: Improper or incomplete autotune.
    second guess: No type of counterbalance on the Z
    3rd: Wrong jumper setting on the C86 ACCP

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ACORN CNC z-axis triggers drive fault despite motor not being faulted and enabled

Hi Sriram_K, If you move the Z-axis controller cable to the X-axis or Y-axis, configure the ClearPath High-Level FeedBack (HLFB) outputs identically on all axes, and the shutdown seems to follow the cable, then the issue is likely due to a wiring/configuration issue at the controller. As you troubleshoot this issue further, I recommend using Teknic’s Motor Setup Program (MSP) to help identify the issue (the software is free to download from Teknic’s website: https://teknic.com/products/clearpat...support-sd-dc/). You can run the MSP software even while the Acorn controller sends Step & Direction signals to the ClearPath motors, so you can monitor the state of the motor’s HLFB output in real time.

For more detailed support and troubleshooting, please contact Teknic directly at https://teknic.com/contact/ or give us a call at 585-784-7454.

Best regards,
    Aaron B. – Teknic Servo Systems Engineer