Need Help! Need help integrating Sunfar E550 with Acorn PLC

Thread: Need help integrating Sunfar E550 with Acorn PLC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help integrating Sunfar E550 with Acorn PLC

Need help integrating Sunfar E550 VFD with Acorn PLC.
    I have been searching the web for information to feel the gaps and have been through most of videos by Centroid, which were vary helpful getting where I am today with my build.
    Short description of core components:
    3D CNC router table with Y-1800mm X-1100mm Z-200mm envelope. Y axis configured as Master and Slave.
    All four ball-screws are driven by Teknic CPM-SDSK-3421S-ELS servo motors. Machine Auto Homes properly, DRO resets to 0 on all axis and complies with G-code through MDI.
    Spindle utilized is JGL-100/3.2R24 and it’s running with no glitches in manual mode and I am able to run a G-code through MDI at the same time with no problems. Spindle is connected to VFD via appropriate shielded cable.
    Acorn PLC is bench tested according to Marty’s videos at 3000 RPM set via Wizard.
    Everything checks out just right except when I attempt to run the spindle in autonomous mode at it’s full range 0-24000 RPM utilizing 0-10 V output of Acorn PLC.

Observations: Servo drives introduce a jerking motions causing the router to lose Y-master and Y-slave squareness. DRO continues to count but no motion is observed on axis. Spindle itself is not spinning at full requested RPM according to setting in Wizard to 24000 RPM.

To be on the safe side I utilized Hall Effect sensors on all Home and Limit switches.

I have contacted Sunfar in order to obtain more info on proper connectivity of E550 VFD, but got nothing as of yet. My suspicion is that connecting Sunfar’s AI and ground ports are introducing some sort of interference to Acorn PLC board. As far as spindle X1-X4 controls I am able to control direction as well as START/STOP.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help integrating Sunfar E550 with Acorn PLC

First off I would go to the forum at Centroid and post this question there. They have a very active community of knowledgeable users who can probably help you fast.

I had a Sunfar VFD on my milling machine. I was having some electrical issues with the mill. Most of the issues were fake estops and the software that controls the power draw bar would crash. It was random and ongoing problem.

After much trouble shooting with the manufacturer it was decided the problem was electrical noise from the VFD. You won't like this but the solution was to replace the VFD. I installed a GS2 from Automation Direct. That fixed the issues 100%. Some of the cheaper VFD's don't have good quality control. They work fine in some situations like an old manual machine but cause issues with something computer controlled with sensitive electronics.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your input. I just hope that I didn't exhaust my troubleshooting option as of yet, but definitely open for finding solid solution to the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStudio View Post
    Need help integrating Sunfar E550 VFD with Acorn PLC.
    I have been searching the web for information to feel the gaps and have been through most of videos by Centroid, which were vary helpful getting where I am today with my build.
    Short description of core components:
    3D CNC router table with Y-1800mm X-1100mm Z-200mm envelope. Y axis configured as Master and Slave.
    All four ball-screws are driven by Teknic CPM-SDSK-3421S-ELS servo motors. Machine Auto Homes properly, DRO resets to 0 on all axis and complies with G-code through MDI.
    Spindle utilized is JGL-100/3.2R24 and it’s running with no glitches in manual mode and I am able to run a G-code through MDI at the same time with no problems. Spindle is connected to VFD via appropriate shielded cable.
    Acorn PLC is bench tested according to Marty’s videos at 3000 RPM set via Wizard.
    Everything checks out just right except when I attempt to run the spindle in autonomous mode at it’s full range 0-24000 RPM utilizing 0-10 V output of Acorn PLC.

Observations: Servo drives introduce a jerking motions causing the router to lose Y-master and Y-slave squareness. DRO continues to count but no motion is observed on axis. Spindle itself is not spinning at full requested RPM according to setting in Wizard to 24000 RPM.

It also sounds like you don't have a Power Filter or correct Shield Grounding

To be on the safe side I utilized Hall Effect sensors on all Home and Limit switches.

I have contacted Sunfar in order to obtain more info on proper connectivity of E550 VFD, but got nothing as of yet. My suspicion is that connecting Sunfar’s AI and ground ports are introducing some sort of interference to Acorn PLC board. As far as spindle X1-X4 controls I am able to control direction as well as START/STOP.

Any input will be highly appreciated.
    You should not go by video's that don't relate to your spindle you can damage it if you run it to slow, your spindle has a minimum speed of 6,000 RPM, you need to set the VFD Drive to suit your spindle spec's and then set the Acorn to suit your spindle specs

Marty's video's have lots of information, but you have to setup your system to suit what you have

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you mactec54.
    I have posted my problem on Centroid forum as well. My Sunfar E550 has arrived from Jianken who is the manufacturer of my spindle preset to be used with their motor.
    Thanks also for pointing it out to me that my spindle min RPM is 6000. I head no idea to be honest.

Best,

Arthur

Downloads
    Uploads

you'd be well advised to study electrical noise and how to avoid it. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like this might be your first rodeo. There's nothing wrong with that, everyone has to start at the bottom once, but do yourself a favor and study this. It will be a big help to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStudio View Post
    Thank you mactec54.
    I have posted my problem on Centroid forum as well. My Sunfar E550 has arrived from Jianken who is the manufacturer of my spindle preset to be used with their motor.
    Thanks also for pointing it out to me that my spindle min RPM is 6000. I head no idea to be honest.

Best,

Arthur
    Yes in Acorn you have to set the Minimum and the Maximum speeds, or it won't control the speeds correct

I would be very surprised if the manufacturers has set all the needed parameters, this would be a first if they have preset them

Mactec54