Centrois Linux 2.72 Aux Key question

Thread: Centrois Linux 2.72 Aux Key question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Centrois Linux 2.72 Aux Key question

I have an Ajax mill with the Linux version of the Centroid control. My Cycle Start button is getting to be in pretty bad shape - this is part of the membrane keypad on the hand held control. Is it possible and practical to program one of the unused keys, like Aux1 to duplicate the the Cycle Start function? Software version is 2.72 and the PLC is the Servo3IO.

Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Centrois Linux 2.72 Aux Key question

Yes, that is possible. It would be handled in the CPU-based part of your PLC program (the one compiled with plccomp, to cnc10.plc).

See the "Remote CYCLE START" section of this manual:
    http://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersup...ion/PLCMAN.pdf
    ... but note that a jog panel Aux key will be 0 when idle, and 1 when pressed, so the logic will be a little different.

At first glance, you might think you could just redefine "Cycle_start" to be INP49 instead of INP75, comparable to what you could do on a CNC11 or CNC12 system. However, that won't work with CNC7 and CNC10: the CPU board "knows" that INP75 is supposed to be Cycle Start, regardless of what names may be given to what location in the PLC program. But the standard remote-start logic referenced in the above manual (and found in many common PLC programs already) will combine another input into INP75, and so will work correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Centrois Linux 2.72 Aux Key question

Fantastic! This manual looks like a good addition to my collection for future reference - thanks for the information CNCSNW - looks like I have some reading to do - I'm guessing that I have visited your website for information on this control several times - including the list of compatible motherboards - thanks again for the assistance.