Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software

Thread: Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software

Hi , ive had the pleasure of being a beta tester for centorid cnc testing there new acorn control board and software and i have to say its the best board and software ive ever used. I own a mini mill x2 heavy modded with linear rails, teknnics servos, renishaw probe and tool setter and other parts. Ive tryed the cnc4pc controlboard and csmio/ip-s control board running mach 3 and mach 4 and was unable to get the mill to run right, the mill original ran a gecko g540 and mach 3 for years before the upgrades. Once i installed the Acorn board and software i was up and running correctly in 1 day and have not look back sense. I have made a few youtube videos showing the mill running and setup videos on setting csr, rpi, probing and backlash using the software and hope it can help show the power of this board and software.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software

Thanks a bunch AMH! I've been watching the Acorn since I heard about it early this year & finally ordered mine last Wed. Can't wait to get it in my hands & start "the process." It'll be a while before my machine is finished but I can't wait to get Mach off the one axis I do have working at the moment & get it under Centroid control. Keep posting please!

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software

Awesome bud, getting away from mach was the best decision i could have made. No more running oldschool windows xp and hoping that mach4 would be updated some day lol. Been working on getting the mill running as perfect as i could expect for a home built machine. Been ballbar testing the mill trying to get it in shape, got a little ways to go but within .006 of round over an 4" radius test.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software-20170806_100913-jpg   Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software-20170808_192017-jpg   Mini Mill Running Acorn Board and Software-20170808_192042-jpg