When will "acorn" release? - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: When will "acorn" release?

Default Re: When will "acorn" release?

No answers???

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Tony, what's the question? :-) Acorn has been released you can buy yours here. Acorn CNC controller kit.

great Acorn overview Video by Franco

Quote Originally Posted by cnckeith View Post
    Hello Tony, what's the question? :-)
    It was post 79. What are the shipping arrangements and costs for Europe?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.

typically its around $40 to ship to Europe.

paypal will automatically calculate the shipping cost to your location when you check out

on this page. Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.

click the add to cart button and checkout to see the shipping cost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Acorn LATHE will release on or about October 4th!
    here is a video showing testing of Rigid Tapping, Threading, Profiling, Drilling and Constant Surface Speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

This Acorn board is very nice. The only thing I found critical in my case was the inability to use a standard wired pendant with an MPG encoder. It does support one encoder input that could handle the MPG wheel, but with only eight inputs not sure how you could do a pendant and all your standard home switches and such. I saw they support a USB keypad, but I really like to use an MPG when setting up jobs and once you get in this mode it is hard to just use a screen to simulate this functionality.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    This Acorn board is very nice. The only thing I found critical in my case was the inability to use a standard wired pendant with an MPG encoder. It does support one encoder input that could handle the MPG wheel, but with only eight inputs not sure how you could do a pendant and all your standard home switches and such. I saw they support a USB keypad, but I really like to use an MPG when setting up jobs and once you get in this mode it is hard to just use a screen to simulate this functionality.

Russ
    Russ,
    Hello.
    The Acorn Control board has been designed with USB MPG in mind from day one so that the MPG will not have to use up any of the 8 inputs. We have built a driver for the XHC PHPB04B Wireless MPG and it is currently working on the bench and will go out for beta testing shortly. There is a wired version of this same device that we are looking into as well. For now there are many ways to touch off tools with the Acorn CNC12 system, you can use the fabulous touch screen control panel with your fingers or with a mouse, you can use any PC keyboard, and you can use any device that can emulate keystrokes like the Xkeys pad or Xbox controller. Here is a link to a page with covers all this in more detail. Acorn CNC controller Operator Control panel options
    Let me know if you'd like to become a beat tester for the PHB04B. -Keith

When will "acorn" release?-phb04b-4-2-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

WOW, Keith this is great. Wireless MPG is not an issue, but the encoder was critical. Like you said the touch off features are great. I would love to beta test the PHB04B, if fact I think my son has that pendant or something very similar. I will check on that. This was the only issue holding me back I like all other aspects of the Acorn. Initial reports on youtube and zone has been pretty solid, I saw others ask about pendants as well and know this is a very popular item for most hobby machines.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Can the treading cycle have leadin/out tapers? (the video shows the cutter stopping before pulling out)

sam

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by samco View Post
    Can the treading cycle have leadin/out tapers? (the video shows the cutter stopping before pulling out)

sam
    Yep.. no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is one of the few hobby priced controls That does encoder threading.. (even rarer - rigid tapping)

Nice job!

Sam

Yep.. no problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

What about using on a router with dual spindles?

Downloads
    Uploads

"What about using on a router with dual spindles?"
    Hello. there are several ways to do this.
    are you asking for simple spindle On/Off thru program control (M codes) as well as 'manual' control via the operator control panel with control speed with a manual dial (potentiometer) wire into the VFD?
    if so, yes you can do that.

Downloads
    Uploads

"What about using on a router with dual spindles?"
    Hello. there are several ways to do this.
    are you asking for simple spindle On/Off thru program control (M codes) as well as 'manual' control via the operator control panel with control speed with a manual dial (potentiometer) wire into the VFD?
    if so, yes you can do that.
    More that can it account for the offset between them. Spindle 1 is called as tool 1 and spindle 2 is called as tool 2 but they are 10in different in x axis

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah.. no problem..there are several approaches to doing that..
    and for my first answer...i thought you meant how to hook them up!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Keith,
    How does the PLC work?
    is it like a PLC Ladder? with a software that can edit the ladder?
    My current controller is SYNTEC 6MB.. and it's just a nightmare to get support, documentation, any answers etc..
    So if I am wanting to add or modify something that is already built into the hardware.. its a nightmare.

But.. it does have a Ladder editor.. that basically allows me to customize the use or function of the PLC inputs or outputs. It's a graphically driven software app.. for edditing the ladder.

How does ACORN do it?..
    How is CNC12 software different on ACORN vs OAK contoller?.. are they identical in capability at the Pro level?... $99?
    I know the boards have their limitations.. like only 8 inputs on ACORN..

I know this is a lot of questions.. thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Acorn has PLC wizard with easy drop down boxes.. the wizard programs the PLC program for you. very cool. just pick what you want the output of input to do and save it.
    i'll post some screen shots or a video of this soon.

but if you want to you can hand edit/program the plc program. and yes it uses the same language as OAK and Allin1DC cnc control boards.
    you'd be alot happier with a centroid over hte syntec for sure!
    post some info about your machine....what axis motor and drives are you using? what kind of machine tool? etc..

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Keith,
    Here is a little info about the machine I'm considering Rebuilding the controller on..

HSD 9KW ATC spindle.
    Delta VFD
    Yaskawa Servos and Motors... Sigma 7... The Y Gantry axis is dual drive obviously but both drives seem to be connected with one cable at SYNTEC that splits into two.
    Kinda a slave setup .. but different then in Mach3 or something.

I have 2 rows o 8 linear tool forks.. for a total of 16...
    I'm actually planning to expand to 26 to 32 tools...

I would like to setup a secondary z axis... probably with it's own servo motor...

I hove homing switches...etc...

I'm curious to see more about your PLC setup.
    SYNTEC uses a Ladder that can be modified with a software..

What other info would you like?
    I do have an MPG pendant...

What controller would you recommend.?
    Is this beyond ACORN?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. well.. you could do it with Acorn..but I'd put an Oak board on that machine.
    our PLC is a "C" like language. We have a very nice program called "PLC detective" that runs the PLC program live and shows you whats going on in the PLC program as it runs. Great for when you are modifying an existing PLC program or writing your own. With the Oak board there lots of standard plc programs that come with it.... most people can just take one of the stock PLC program and modify it to fit there application.
    the Acron uses a very similar PLC program accept it is setup so that a "Wizard" does the PLC programming for you! .. the user simply selects from a list what input or output function they want for a particular input or output. i'll make a quickee video and post here soon showing this.
    Oak has a MPG connecotor on board. While Acorn uses the USB connector on the CNCPC for MPG use.. we are working on a wireless USB MPG for large router applications (it will eventually work with all three systems, Acorn, Oak and Allin1DC) and should be ready for beta testing soon.

Last edited by cnckeith; 10-20-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    WOW, Keith this is great. Wireless MPG is not an issue, but the encoder was critical. Like you said the touch off features are great. I would love to beta test the PHB04B, if fact I think my son has that pendant or something very similar. I will check on that. This was the only issue holding me back I like all other aspects of the Acorn. Initial reports on youtube and zone has been pretty solid, I saw others ask about pendants as well and know this is a very popular item for most hobby machines.

Russ
    Russ, I've been Beta testing Acorn for a year. I can tell you Centroid committed to the motion controller from day one and improved the hardware and software with ease of use in mind.
    Further, it uses the SAME software that their industrial controls use. They are very committed to resolving any issues because they HAVE to. They have a very large commercial/industrial user base, built on proven software. They listened to the beta team and really took the next version of their software up a good leap. Its called CNC12. It will eventually be released for their commercial controls after testing. But Acorn users get the cool Virtual Control Panel first. SO, definitely get the wide screen touchscreen monitor to take full advantage of it. Its basically their jog panel "virtualized"

REAL TRUE Encoder port, no 1ppr, you have to use a real Differential, Line driver encoder on your spindle to take advantage of accurate threading, rigid tapping and Constand Surface Speed on the lathe. There are already some videos out there, but here is one of my Emcoturn 120 lathe running under Acorn and CNC12

I'm looking forward to working with them on testings the new wireless USB MPGs.

I've used several motion control software packages. I really like Centroid's hardware and software from the SAME manufacturer. Good stuff with good support in my personal opinion..

Marty

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast