When will "acorn" release? - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When will "acorn" release?

Default Re: When will "acorn" release?

I am holding off a rebuild until this board releases, however i have some questions that I was hoping could be answered :rainfro:

1 - What type of output does it give for spindle control? (0-10VDC, -10-10VDC, step/dir, etc)

2 - Spindle brake?

3 - Does the spindle encoder have to be 1:1 ratio?

4 - Includes PLC? If so what type of programming can we expect? Ladder, Function Block, Structured text?

5 - If it includes a programmable PLC, is it possible to expand I/O's with expansion boards?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by oscilloman View Post
    I am holding off a rebuild until this board releases, however i have some questions that I was hoping could be answered :rainfro:

1 - What type of output does it give for spindle control? (0-10VDC, -10-10VDC, step/dir, etc)<<< 0-10 VDC 12 bit analog out>>>>

2 - Spindle brake? <<yes>>

3 - Does the spindle encoder have to be 1:1 ratio? << yes, if you want to do threading and rigid tapping. if you just want a true RPM read out then it can be another ratio. >>>

4 - Includes PLC? If so what type of programming can we expect? Ladder, Function Block, Structured text? <<yes, centroid plc programming language, with free PLC dectective debug tool. includes many pre programmed PLC programs for common drive and machine configurations, also includes PLC Wizard which allows easy drop down box selection of inputs and output types and function so you can program your own setup without any PLC programming knowledge. and if you really want to do your own plc programming you can do that too..>>

5 - If it includes a programmable PLC, is it possible to expand I/O's with expansion boards? << not with this first Acorn board, future "Acorn 2" board will be expandable and compatible with Acorn1 for easy swap out upgrade.>>>

Thanks!
    overview.. http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_...oller_1920.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Will a manual pulse generator work with the Acorn board? Will CNC11 software have a touch screen operator panel like the Acorn?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by converterk View Post
    Will a manual pulse generator work with the Acorn board?<<< We are planing on a USB MPG for Acorn. >>
    Will CNC11 software have a touch screen operator panel like the Acorn? << Yes, all existing CNC11 systems are updateable to the touch screen interface and the fantastic new virtual control panel. see image for example. fyi.. Acorn uses the new version of CNC11 called..you guess it.. CNC12.
    When will &quot;acorn&quot; release?-cnc12-screen-shot-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

How much does the touch screen operator panel option for cnc11 cost?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by converterk View Post
    How much does the touch screen operator panel option for cnc11 cost?
    iirc 1000$ For the touch panel computer

Downloads
    Uploads

Free. Touch screen and Virtual Control Panel functionality will be part of CNC11 standard feature set in the next CNC11 release soon to be posted on our website. So all you need is a touch screen LCD to take advantage of the new capabilities. Nice ones can be had for $250 on Amazon and Newegg. Centroid also sells a ready to go Allin1PC which is a touch screen LCD and PC built into one unit. If you are a DIY'er you can buy one of these from Centroid pre-configured for CNC use with preloaded Centroid CNC software and use the "report" feature in CNC11's Utility menu to copy over the existing CNC system configuration to the new PC and you'll be good to go.... or buy a Windows 10 allin1 touch screen PC from anywhere else and install the CNC software yourself, configure windows for CNC use yourself, and copy over the existing cnc configuration and you are good to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a photo of one of our beta tester's machine..
    Centroid Acorn CNC system using a 22" LCD touch screen, clearpath and home built bench top bed mill.
    When will &quot;acorn&quot; release?-acorn_touchscreen-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dbunyip View Post
    It currently has fanuc servos but was thinking to change to clearpath. I have not looked into what powers the turret yet. I have the spindle out getting rebuilt was waiting on that to get into it further
    Is there a reason you want to go with stepper vs. keeping your servos and going with All in One DC? What color caps are on your Fanuc servos? Personally I wouldn't go to backwards with steppers. What kind of lathe do you have? Picture?

A friend of mine did his Comet mill, had yellow tops, didn't even change his encoders. Bought an All in One DC and never looked back. Support for everything you desire in the tool changer department too....

Marty

Been a while since this was updated, what is the current status ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Things are going well.. the Acorn Mill version is solid and we are working on the Lathe version now.. the lathe beta is scheduled for release this week.
    here is a video of a home built bed mill running Centroid Acorn cnc controller and clearpath servos.
    https://goo.gl/photos/HNS5nGm74vrYdE1x7

Good to hear Keith

Downloads
    Uploads

Update on Acorn's release?

Downloads
    Uploads

Preorder starts this Wednesday. Then shipping starts for Mill version the following Wednesday!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Great news Keith! Lathe is still included in the deal right? I won't need lathe for quite a while but can't wait to switch my Mach equipped ORAC with single pulse indexing over to an Acorn with encoder when I get the mill finished.

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Downloads
    Uploads

hello. yes both the free cnc version of centroid mill and lathe cnc software is included with the acorn board. there are "pro" and "ultimate" versions of the mill software as well. see details here. Centroid Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication
    lathe software will be similar structure with high end features like rigid tapping, threading and constant surface speed in the "pro" version of the lathe software.
    Lathe release will follow the mill release..2 months or less out.. we are running two cnc lathes in our shop currently with the acorn board and the centroid lathe cnc software one with a gecko G650 and stepper motors and the other with yaskawa ac brushless servos...we also have a few beta testers standing by to start real world lathe testing on a Dyna lathe and a Denford lathe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone else (besides me) place their order this morning? Hoo-rah!

Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Anyone else (besides me) place their order this morning? Hoo-rah!
    Just ordered one - Looking forward to retrofitting a small mill using the Acorn and Clear Path servos.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are you guys using the free software? it seems to be useless. The pro version $ 499.00 ?

Downloads
    Uploads

The pro version of the Centroid Industrial quality CNC software is $99.
    the Centroid CNC software Ultimate version is $499 the Ultimate version includes high end professional features such as: 3D and 2D Digitizing, Probing, Automatic Tool Measurement to name a few.
    the free version is designed for educational use and also home shop diy use so you the customer can use it and realize that it works well without laying down any dollars. you can do alot with the free version, but most home shops will want to spring for the $99 pro version.
    please see the three levels explained in detail on this page. Centroid Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication

Last edited by cnckeith; 08-02-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast