Centroid Problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centroid Problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have an error message very frecuently when i run my cnc to home position
    most of the time getting error msg like 410 Z Axis (3) position error and same thing for W Axis so any one here couuld help me with this issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for this thread.

My "dealer" sold me a retrofitted machine with the X axis going the wrong way (along with several other issues).

I initially thought that by switching the X limit switch wires on the allin1 and having the Dir Rev switched from Y to N would solve it.
    Of course, once I did that I got:
    410 X axis(1) position error
    every time I set machine home or jogged X to the limit switch

I got distracted with trying to set home position, but finally after reading this thread found that by keeping the limit switch wiring the way it was (switching it back), keeping Dir Rev to "N", and setting Limit - + to 1 2 and Home - + to 1 2, all was good!

Default Tryax TY2180

Good day
    I am new to this so please excuse my intrusion
    We have a Tryax TY2180 CNC lathe that developed a wiring isssue between the control panel and the controller.
    The wiring was 5 single cores of pvc fibre wires
    We replaced the wiring and put on new fibre plugs
    The wiring has been checked for integrity and continuity.
    We have now developed a fault code 9019 which reads Gear change:Not in gear.
    Any help would be highly appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tryax TY2180

It is not clear to me whether you replaced wires, or optical fibers.

However, that is not particularly important. Wire or fiber connections between the console and the control cabinet would probably not relate to the alarm you are describing.

The alarm you are describing would be a custom one, specific to your particular installation. The only way for someone here to know what triggers it, and what you might be able to do about it, would be to look at your PLC program.

Your PLC program would be included in a "Report" from the control. Therefore, you could make a Report, and post the resulting "report.zip" file here as an attachment. Then we might be able to help you. See Report files from a Centroid control

It would also be useful to know what model of Centroid control you have, and approximately how old it is. The control serial number will help narrow that down. See Centroid Control Serial Numbers

All that said, your alarm seems to relate to the position of a powered gear changer in the headstock. Have you tried using whatever controls the machine builder provided you, to shift the headstock into a different gear range?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12