Hardware requirements f DeskCNC

Thread: Hardware requirements f DeskCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hardware requirements f DeskCNC

Hello,

I'm working with DeskCNC all this year (my first cnc experience). I used some "simple" cam's for my parts, so my molds always looks poor (they are 3d shapes) because finish strategies I used (linear or z const, less than 800KB per file).

Now I'm trying new cam's to achive my desired results, so files are about 2Mb. But machine crashes, more late than earlier, suddenly it becomes fool, moves at an error point and... good bye to my mould.

I'm using a P3+256 Mb RAM, with the 2nd gen controller board and parallel interface. So as I see here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71227

my opinion is that this computer is not enough fast to get the job.

If any other similar experiences are out there, please post them. I would like to know the minimum requirements to do a decent milling.

Thanks,

toni

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vinot View Post
    Hello,

I'm working with DeskCNC all this year (my first cnc experience). I used some "simple" cam's for my parts, so my molds always looks poor (they are 3d shapes) because finish strategies I used (linear or z const, less than 800KB per file).

Now I'm trying new cam's to achive my desired results, so files are about 2Mb. But machine crashes, more late than earlier, suddenly it becomes fool, moves at an error point and... good bye to my mould.

I'm using a P3+256 Mb RAM, with the 2nd gen controller board and parallel interface. So as I see here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71227

my opinion is that this computer is not enough fast to get the job.

If any other similar experiences are out there, please post them. I would like to know the minimum requirements to do a decent milling.

Thanks,

toni
    As long as the machine is within spec for the operating system you are running it should run fine. I was able to run deskcnc on a P1 233 mhz w/128 mb ram. it would run just fine since the step generation is done on the controller card and not the processor.
    Deskcnc only works with a serial port or a usb to serial converter.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, should be... and as far I know I agree with you... in theory.

I'm trying to post the last file that crashes my mold (if you want to check it) but I ran it before in CAM mode, and with good result in theory. I have repeated the same file with same result (I suspect that in same line), suddenly machine changes direction (working in one corner, at 75% of job done), so I think that must be the computer, isn't it?

anyway, I want to test my laptop (a centrino) and see what happens. The problem is that laptop has no parallel iface, so I have to test two things, laptop and usb connection...

Downloads
    Uploads

You keep saying parallel and it is a serial interface.

It could be your G-code has a strange line or move in it.
    If you can't attach the file here pm me and I will email you and you can send it via email.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.