Problem no support

Thread: no support

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default no support

IMS used to provide quite abit of help for Deskcnc but I believe they quit about 2 years ago--or maybe they just charge for support now-I don't know. If they still sell the product you would think they would back it up.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know about there support policies but if you have a question I will try to help.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default questions

along with the deskcnc software I bought a gen 1 and a gen 2 board but never used them. several years back. I am now trying to get them running but they won't be recognized. Is that a standard serialport cable or a special one. after reading some information about the board it is not clear what all has to be running before it is ready for recognition. any Ideas?
    Thankyou

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ljd10 View Post
    along with the deskcnc software I bought a gen 1 and a gen 2 board but never used them. several years back. I am now trying to get them running but they won't be recognized. Is that a standard serialport cable or a special one. after reading some information about the board it is not clear what all has to be running before it is ready for recognition. any Ideas?
    Thankyou
    They use a standard serial cable. You have to go to the Deskcnc setup tab and input the proper com port. You also have to select if you have a 2nd gen board or not so the same setup will not work for both boards.
    You will also have to provide power to the board before it will do any communications.

I have used them under Win95 through Vista with either built in serial ports or USB to serial adapters so they should work for you.

The manual is located here. It is very helpful in getting it all setup.

http://www.deskcnc.com/DeskCNCManual.pdf

Hope that helps.

Mike.

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.