Need Help! DeskCnc and my laptop

Thread: DeskCnc and my laptop

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DeskCnc and my laptop

Hey All,

Well, I tried my laptop with DeskCnc, with no luck.
    I have a older Panasonic Toughbook 72.
    Pentium 3, 850MHz, 256 mg ram.
    Running Windows 2000.

I transfered all my settings from my desktop PC to the laptop.
    I have the current version of DeskCNC.
    (is there a file or something that I could copy from my desktop, rather then manually entering all the machine settings?)

Everything works fine.
    I can cut for about 2 to 5 minutes, then it just stops cutting.
    I have to reset my servos.
    Kinda like my servos are faulting out.
    I get the blue flashing led light in my controller. (servo fault)

I have tried many g-code files and does the same thing.
    I even tried cutting air (no bit in the machine) and still the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

I re-hooked up my Desktop PC and ran the same g-code files with no problems..

Help!

Thanks...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to tranfer Deskcnc settings.

Go into the deskcnc folder and find either the file default ini or if you saved your setting under a different name such as router, you can copy it to the same folder on the new machine. You can open the file with notepad to make sure it is the file that has all the settings that you are looking for.
    If the file is in fact called default, you will have to overwrite the old file on th enew machine when copying it.

If the blue light flashes, you might be getting a voltage sag or something or possibly the estop button is being pressed.

Are you using the serial port on both computers or are you using a usb to serial converter on either machine?

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have run the deskcnc software on win95 machines, win98, me, 2000, xp and Vista. I have also cut parts with all of them except Vist, and as soon as I finish the power supply upgrade of my router, I will test it out too.
    Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Downloads
    Uploads

DeskCNC has been running on my older Dell latitude with 850mhz + 256mb ram. The key is to remove everything off the computer that the machine doesn't need to run. Screen savers, anti virus etc. You should be down to less than twenty processes running - control+alt+del - processes running. Just use the machine computer for the machine only. After removing all the excess, run disk cleanup and disk defragment before loading the DeskCNC software. This should make a big difference.

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

hello

i am a deskcnc user, few days ago i have experienced an issue, when countoring texts, the steppers lose steps very significative, i have noted that when they are countoring curves on each font they sounds very abrupt, not smooth like they do with other toolpaths created by autocad, so that abrupt motion make them lose position from one font to other, when the machine go back home its position is about 1/4 of an inch off on each axis. I have tested the speed ramp, acceleration and pulses per sec., the machine runs ok with other dxf drawings, even at higher speeds it does a good and smooth motions. the next problem was when i downloaded the newest version of deskcnc and upgrade it, now it seems little different, the point wich represent the router's paths in the screen blinks always, even when the machine is at home, also other numbers that are on the corners of the screen blinks the same way, the software seems little slowly and unstable when zooming in the drawing, then the problem to countoring fonts is the same. have anybody experience about this?, i need the solution soon, lot of work do be done, all suggest are welcome. thanks.