why does every thing turn out backwards??

Thread: why does every thing turn out backwards??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default why does every thing turn out backwards??

ok, im shure there is an easy fix to this, but i dont know.........no matter, draw it up and g code in bob cad or let desk do the tool paths, everthing comes out backwards....letters, numbers, whole programs....it all looks like its seen in a mirror....any help?? please.........

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like the polarity on the dir inputs is wrong. Remember that the movement is from the spindle perspective.

On a typical mill with a table moving in x and y table movement to the left is X+ and table movement away from the column is Y+

bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ok......so how do

do i fix this?? its in desk i see it ...every thing is a mirror image....every thing.....how do i fix this...and remember im a rookie....so beeasy on me....

aaron

Downloads
    Uploads

I am assuming you are using DeskCNC. I am a Mach user but I think I can point you in the right direction.

Using the jog buttons, figure out which axes are moving in the wrong direction.

Go to the manual http://www.deskcnc.com/DeskCNCManual.pdf and find "Machine Axes Setup". There it tells you to set your steps per unit to a negative value for the axes that are going in the wrong direction. If the steps per unit for an axis is already negative, make it positive.

good luck!
    bob