HAAS SUPER MINI MILL 2004 - SINGLE PHASE HELP - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HAAS SUPER MINI MILL 2004 - SINGLE PHASE HELP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Incidentally many 3ph NFB's (Non-Fused Breakers) need to see current through all three phase connections, therefore it is common industrial practice to loop one of the hot (L1 or L2) back through from the outer to centre connection when using it for 1ph .
    Also if using the Phase Perfect I would ensure that any non 3ph loads, i,e, single phase transformers etc, are fed off of the 2phases derived from L1, L2 and not the generated phase.
    Al.
    Hey Al, thanks for replying.

I have my supply coming in to a splitter box. From there it feeds a 1 phase compressor and the second out put would feed the Phase Perfect unit. The Phase Perfect would only be used to power the 15hp CNC. Nothing else.

In your opinion is a Digital unit like Phase Perfect worth the cost compared to a RPC like American Rotary. It's a big additional cost that I was not expecting but don't want issues either.

Thanks.

Last edited by CCF_CUSTOMS; 02-14-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HAAS SUPER MINI MILL 2004 - SINGLE PHASE HELP

The Phase Perfect is obviously the better choice, it retains much more balance on the generated phase compared to VFD which can in some cases drop voltage on load.
    Although for RPC's I only have experience building and tuning them, not the off the shelf versions.
    The single phase loads I refered to would be in the control cabinet, motion controller etc , not external ones.
    Incidentally what is the nature of the 3ph loads, if only for the spindle, some have used a standard VFD for this and fed the rest from the 240v 1 phase.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Incidentally many 3ph NFB's (Non-Fused Breakers) need to see current through all three phase connections, therefore it is common industrial practice to loop one of the hot (L1 or L2) back through from the outer to centre connection when using it for 1ph .
    Al.
    Not in this case the Hp is to large on this machine for a Single phase connection

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CCF_CUSTOMS View Post
    Hey Al, thanks for replying.

I have my supply coming in to a splitter box. From there it feeds a 1 phase compressor and the second out put would feed the Phase Perfect unit. The Phase Perfect would only be used to power the 15hp CNC. Nothing else.

In your opinion is a Digital unit like Phase Perfect worth the cost compared to a RPC like American Rotary. It's a big additional cost that I was not expecting but don't want issues either.

Thanks.
    Night and day better, some machining centers don't like the RPC even the CNC rated units, you should talk to Haas as they do this all the time, they will give you the best answer, as to what to use

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12