Newbie Solidworks Camworks tool length in program

Thread: Solidworks Camworks tool length in program

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Solidworks Camworks tool length in program

Hi all, I've just joined up as I've started using a Denford 2600 pro router here at work to create prototypes. Were already using Solidworks, but I'm pretty new to the camworks side of things.
    I've set up the technology database and set up a tool crib with various length tools.
    So I set up a test program with a tool change from a short tool to a long tool and ran this on the machine just cutting air to see if the Z position would change to account for the change in tool length. It didn't, the Z height remained the same for both tools which obviously would have been a big problem if cutting actual material / too close to the bed.
    So in the tool crib I've tried adding different values to the boxes "Length Offset" and also tried "Gage Z offset" but neither have made any difference when actually running the program (so I don't know what these values are actually for), the Z height stays the same between tools. So, does anyone know what I actually need to change to make this work? Is it even something that can be controlled by the G code alone?

Thanks in advance.