Need Help! Camsoft I/O problems

Thread: Camsoft I/O problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Camsoft I/O problems

Hi all, new to the site and been told this is a great place to find some help, blown away with all the info on here!

Here's the deal. We recently bought an old 2nd hand Cincinnati 10VC-1000 mill (1980's) with a Camsoft conversion. After a couple of teething issues getting set up and then needing to replace all the belleville's in the tool clamp we were up and running and had the old girl churning out parts. One day we turn it on and it won't do a tool change cycle. Also won't turn on the spindle. With a tool change, the carousell rotates to the tool called for but stops there. As far as I can gather, spindle orient should be the next step how ever it does not do this and won't do anything thereafter.

Long story short, after some frustrating trouble shooting there appears to be nothing wrong with the machine mechanically, hydraulically or electrically. Activating the appropriate solenoids gets the desired effect. I can open up the maint/diagnostics windows and in the I/O dialog window I can click on each individual output and get action (including spindle orient) and I can "manually" step it through a complete tool change with everything working as it should. Pushing the physical tool unclamp button on the front the machine lights up the corresponding input but nothing happens.

No trouble jogging the machine around or turning on coolant etc from the main control screen.

Seems to me (with my very limited knowledge) that there is some sort of software issue here where the control is receiving the inputs but not giving the required outputs.

The retrofit is at least 10 years old and not a current subscription.

If anybody out there knows what the problem (and hopefully solution!) might be your help would be hugely appreciated!!!