ready to give up

Thread: ready to give up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ready to give up

I have: 3018, Candle and USGS, CAMBAM generated gcode from AutoCAD2020 DXF drawing.
    PROBLEM:
    1. I don't know how to adjust depth of cut.
    2. I have Gcode for a two inch diameter circle. Candle set for inches. The resulting cut is 1/8 diameter circle. It does the same on UGCS.
    3. I cant find out why.
    4. Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ready to give up

In CamBam you set the cut depth in the Cutting Depth section of the part machining setup. From here you can set the Clearance Plane, Depth Increment, Final Depth Increment, Stock Surface, and Target Depth.

2mm when factoring in the cutter radius could be around 1/8 inch. It sounds like something is set to mm rather than inches.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a G20 or a G21 at the start of the program?This would help to pinpoint the issue that has been raised or maybe you could post the whole program,together with the details of the cutter being used.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Great news Bad news that results in a question

The great news: You guys and others solved all my problems with Candle and the 3018.
    The bad news: I have a Win 10 based machine in my shop where I plan to move the 3018. I have candle loaded. It seems to be connected via USB I have the proper baud rate BUT the 3018 does not respond other than "locking" all the steppers in current position. I notice CNTR-X in the control window. I type $$ and nothing shows up. The only other thing I notice is no matter what USB port I plug into it always says Port 1.(i do have the driver installed.)

Does arduino have to be installed to run the machine. I assume not.

Thanks in advance Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you seen this page? https://cncphilosophy.com/candle-grb...ware-tutorial/ It looks as though an Arduino is part of the scheme of things.

Downloads
    Uploads

disclaimer: I rarely use Windows and have never used Candle. I'll assume Candle is a sender for grbl.

Does arduino have to be installed to run the machine. I assume not.
    Since the Arduino has already been flashed with grbl I don't think there's any need to install the Arduino IDE software. Hopefully a Windows user will speak up if the IDE is needed to install some device driver.
    On the other hand the IDE is a handy thing for testing and troubleshooting grbl. One warning regarding the link below, do not upload a sketch while in the IDE, go straight to the serial monitor. GRBL may have some protection to avoid overwriting but best not to risk it.
    Link ---> https://discuss.inventables.com/t/gu...-monitor/56730

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Out of curiosity I plugged an Arduino Uno into Windows 10. It showed up as a generic "USB serial device (COM 3)"
    You may need to install the IDE or at least a driver. The IDE install offers a driver.
    That's all the help I can offer as my favourite part of a Windows session is clicking the power down button

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.