Newbie - help with guitar neck

Thread: Newbie - help with guitar neck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie - help with guitar neck

Hello,

New to CamBam - Designed this neck in MOI and need to mill it (just the back profile as in the screen capture) it needs to be put on the bed diagonally - the wood is about 27" long X 1.2" high X 3" wide. I would like to cut the outline or contour and the 3D profile. My machine is 25X25X5 but will cut diagonally up to 35"

Thanks very much

Newbie - help with guitar neck-screenshot-42-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie - help with guitar neck-screenshot-42-jpg  
    Vegas Guitars Custom Shop
    http://vegasguitars.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie - help with guitar neck

Ended up buying another CAM program because have not been able to properly mill any of my 3D models in CamBam - it's most likely possible - but not for me yet. Estlcam you just bring your model in, enter a few parameters, hit a couple buttons and your all set. That said, I paid for CamBam and hope I can figure it out. 2D or dxf. files no problem - but the 3D isn't happening. Andy said he help me out but he has been pretty busy - and I totally understand running a business so I'm not going to e-mail him again. Estlcam seems to be working out fine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update: Andy at CamBam has followed through on offering to help - although he says doing guitar necks and bodies in CamBam is involved so will share the outcome here when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by VGcustomshop View Post
    Ended up buying another CAM program because have not been able to properly mill any of my 3D models in CamBam - it's most likely possible - but not for me yet. Estlcam you just bring your model in, enter a few parameters, hit a couple buttons and your all set. That said, I paid for CamBam and hope I can figure it out. 2D or dxf. files no problem - but the 3D isn't happening. Andy said he help me out but he has been pretty busy - and I totally understand running a business so I'm not going to e-mail him again. Estlcam seems to be working out fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been running mostly Estlcam as my control software and as CAM. It is great and cheap for a lot of things, but I am finding like you with CamBam that it just isn't suited for everything without some work arounds. I am will most likey own a copy of both EstlCAM and CamBam...I think that will cover all my bases