Newbie Installing CamBam to Bridgeport Series 2 MDI

Thread: Installing CamBam to Bridgeport Series 2 MDI

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Installing CamBam to Bridgeport Series 2 MDI

Hi,

I am considering buying CamBam and i have installed and played with the trial version. I am happy with the drawing and operations when programming but i have no idea how to start linking it up to my machine! I have the correct cable and i am aware i will need a conversational post processor. My mill runs heidenhain TNC 145.

Does anyone have a step by step guide or something like that or has anyone done this to the same machine?

Help will be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Jack

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Installing CamBam to Bridgeport Series 2 MDI

CAMBAM does not link to your machine, CAMBAM only coverts drawing files to G-code. There is intermediate software and hardware required. The bit below describes it generally.

CAMBAM takes a drawing file, such as DXF files [among other types], and converts that to step-and-direction code, which is more common referred to as G-code.

The G-code is then loaded into a software controller [MACH3 is a common one], and the software controller sends electronic signals to a hardware controller which then sends power, as directed by the G-code, to the stepper motors, which in turn moves the axes of your machine.

You might do a bit more study about the whole drawing to finished product workflow process to answer your question.

Try this to start: CNC Manufacturing Workflow Infographic - CNCCookbook CNCCookbook

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Installing CamBam to Bridgeport Series 2 MDI

There is a post-processor in CamBam that links with the Heidenhain server software on your pc. All discussed/explained here: Heidenhain TNC151 Conversational