Camera software for thread measurements

Thread: Camera software for thread measurements

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camera software for thread measurements

Hi,

I am looking to explore whether a machine vision system would be suitable for thread measurements like relief and OD.
    Has anyone had any experiences can recommend some software or hardware to research?
    My current system has a probe for accurate measuring but the company has a Zoller that uses two cameras, a swivel and image processing software to deliver the same measurements. I do not want to buy something expensive like the zoller or any other similar machine. But the technology is there and I assume a simple setup like a couple cameras and software would work?
    Is there anything in the market?

Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Camera software for thread measurements

We have a Keyence Instant Measurement machine. It is accurate to.00001. It does measure threads and pitch and pitch deviation, if you have enough length(at least 3 to 4 full threads). It does not like chamfers or measurements made from the end of threads. It works with a dark/light programming so if there is a turn up or burr on the end of the threads, it will pick that up.