Are there any ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any ....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Are there any ....

CADKEY users here? Enough to have a page devoted?
    Speak up. Ya can't tell me I'm the only one.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had used CADKey with a PC-APT if I remember year correctly in '92. So I would be of little help to you today. But I had used it.

Safety - Quality - Production.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My CadKey goes back to Ver. 98 but I liked it better than Autocad. Wish I could lay my hands on a newer version.

Castguy2003

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using Cadkey since 1985. I now am the CAD/CAM application engineer at work. I have all the versions of Cadkey under my belt.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was worried for a minute there. It took awhile to get some responses. I didn't need help, I was just probing to see if there is enough interest for a Cadkey page here. I'm still using '98 at home. I keep getting offers to check out the new demo. But I don't need to fall in love with a new version thatI can't afford and will self-destruct in a month anyways. I don't know for sure but I don't think there is anything out there that can render as photoreal. I'm a hardcore wireframe person that was spoiled rotten on solids.
    castguy2003, I can get the demo and contact info (I'm in CT) if you're interested.
    The center of attention is Workshop and KeyCut now.
    I guess it was buggin' me that I havn't even heard of a lot of the programs on this site that are buzzing,and not one mention of CK.
    It's a geographic thing I think.

Last edited by Turbine; 04-14-2003 at 08:59 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My biggest gripe with Ver 98 is the solids portion does not have a history tree. Makes it damn hard to go back and make changes. My Mastercam 8 has solids also but it does have a history tree.
    Cadkey used to be more affordable, now they want the big bucks also. And I never found anything on Kazaa.

Downloads
    Uploads

Solids was not very stable and had many different problems with the Cadkey 9X versions. I am using CK 19 as well as the company I work for. This is the last version before the complete change of Cadkey to Workshop. I support 50 seats of Cadkey here and we could not go to the new Cadkey because of the file format change. We have to many vendors world wide that are using older versions of Cadkey and the files must stay compatable.

I have sitting next to me a case 50 Cadkey Workshop V20 and some Version 21. I don't even want to look at it since we can't use it.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Take fifty bucks for one? :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

So do I add a Cadkey section ?

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by HomeCNC

I have sitting next to me a case 50 Cadkey Workshop V20 and some Version 21. I don't even want to look at it since we can't use it.
    Put it for sale in the for sale section.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

And the bidding is off to a great start sixty bucks?

HomeCNC,
    That drastic of a file format change? Is it just... not a .prt
    OR.... is it not even ACIS anymore? I havn't run into anything to complain about with '98....... EXCEPT that the printing is all screwed up like it was with v7.5 wireframe. It responds almost as nicely as Gibbs. In fact I model a lot of the more complex geometries in CK even though they'll end up in Gibbs anyways for programming. Gibbs is still "slicker" and more "gracefull" but I can get a lot more technical with CK. (more toys)
    Got any cool .cdl's or .cde's to share macro's??

CNCAdmin,
    Shure

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been using Cadkey since about '89 with version 3.5. I'm slowly moving over to my Workshop 21 and beginning to like it more with each use. Ck19 scares me to death with its corrupt solid thing and I don't get that with CK21. But CK21 has some glitches that they say will be fixed in the next release. Draft-Pak and FastSurf are included in Workshop but some are complaining of missing features from the old Draft-Pak that are not in this new release. I have the EX version that has Catia4, Pro-e, and Unigraphics translators included and they seem to work pretty well.

I too would like to see a Cadkey group and a Surfcam Group. Considering some of the other software groups that are here, many of them I've never heard of, the addition of these two can't hurt. Many of these have their own forums on their own websites that are well attended and very helpful, especially Cadkey. I'm not aware of any Surfcam sites that get more than one message a month. My only concern is that this list of software is getting very long, maybe they could be separated into two groups; CAD and CAM.

As to selling the software, forget it, you have to have a license from Cadkey Corp to activate the software and you have to be a registered user to get the license.

Last edited by moldcore; 04-18-2003 at 09:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

We don't use the solids of Cadkey. We have Pro-E for that. We just use Cadkey for 2D drawings. I work at NIKE, and getting a shoe print out to Asia fast! is the goal. Cadkey wireframe is very stable in CK19.

To answer Turbine about the file format. Yes it was a drastic file format change. This is one way they fixed their solids problem. It is no longer a .prt. It is a CKD file.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by moldcore

I too would like to see a Cadkey group and a Surfcam Group.
    Done and already have a Surfcam forum- http://cnczone.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Downloads
    Uploads

I see it now. You combined it with Gibbs. Why? The programs are not even close, but it probably won't matter anyway. I've seen these forums come and go without much activity.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen these forums come and go without much activity.
    Really Well this site is only 1 month and 3 weeks old and looks like it's doing VERY well. I don't see this site going anywhere but getting bigger and bigger. If a forum does'nt have much activity, I will remove it.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Downloads
    Uploads

Default And grow.....

I've seen these forums come and go without much activity.
    Stick around for awile and you'll see how good this forum
    is getting. Just help and be helped, its that simple.
    The reason for all the mods. is to keep it that way.
    Sit back,relax and enjoy.
    Good to have you here.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been surfing around the net for almost ten years now and seen allot of changes and I guess I'm more skeptical than most. I hope you guys make it. Cad Chat gas been around for a few years and Cadkey has had only about a half dozen post there in the past year it seems. Of course Cadkey hasn't produced anything noteworthy in the past few years either.

Cadkey is a great program but too expensive for the home user but cheap enough to be kept up to date. I use it in business designing investment casting molds. Most, if not all, parts that the molds produce are imported from other systems such as Catia or Pro-e via IGES. Most are aerospace related and as you might guess, business has slowed to a crawl and become cut throat. By keeping my expenses down I have been more competitive in my bids than many others who have bit the dust. I don't believe in buying the top of the line in anything. It's hard work that makes you money.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

Just stumbled on this forum (for mastercam mainly) but I use CK 19 and 21. Mostly using 19 for day to day stuff, but serious modeling I do in 21 and export via SAT to finish detailing in 19 as I too have customers that I need to remain compatible with. Also the layout mode performance in 21 just doesnt cut it. It is being fixd though (finnaly).

Wee aim to please ... You aim to ... PLEASE.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

See...most are using older versions. The CK forum was too current. Thats my guess why there wasn't any participation.
    Bay State wanted to use it for "bug" feedback. Only there was no feedback. Come on guys.....
    don't be a microsoft and put your beta stuff on the shelf.
    Theres plenty of people here that'll put it through the wringer
    for you. Give it here... we'll tell ya what's wrong with it. .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast