DAC offset adjustment to parameter 237?

Thread: DAC offset adjustment to parameter 237?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DAC offset adjustment to parameter 237?

anyone out there tell me how to tweak the analog offset? we have a Romi that had a servo amp replaced, and on boot up it drifts slowly until homed... it has a -0006 displayed when idle and PFM running- or 2042 offset- i'm assuming if I just put the offset to 2048 the new drives null will be closer to correct... but PFM says 237 parameter is read only... I didnt see any offset/gain pots, but didnt tear into it far either- just guessed it was likely adjusted via parameter.

Sorry for likely newbie questions, but i'm more of a fanuc guy, never touched one of these till last friday... they were ready to scrap it after 6 months of unsuccessful service calls, couldnt get it to boot up- I just happened to be at the other plant and they asked me to look at it...in the end was just a couple stupid problems- someone had removed the SR1 terminals and put wires back in wrong location when looking for a estop- the estop ended up being a bad aux contact on the coolant pump overload AND a open thermostat for the spindle regen resistor- combined both were just showing Estop...

as a couple possibly side notes- I was kinda surprised that a ctrl-alt-delete reboot of the PC side, leaves the servos hot and able to move by handwheel- guess the loop is all closed only in the bmdc card? just thought it was odd it ran while computer was rebooted/offline. a bit concerned that this should not be normal, and think there may still be miswiring...really hate how tight the spaghetti is packed and wiretied inside the tiny panduit- got it tucked back in, but jeez...tracing a wire is a chore. there were 2 wires hooked together but unmarked on a dead SR1 terminal- one I traced to the X-enable at X CN1(40) and that was supposed to go to SR1(14) [which is just a jumper to SR1(13) on other side] instead of nowhere- that was causing the drives not to ready... I assumed the other was Z enable but didnt pull it out to confirm- I may need to do this as it could be God knows what enabling the X because they are connected... hate pulling old wiring apart as brittle, and all the relays/etc are literally falling off the DIN rail... if anyone can confirm if servos should enable before home command is normal, much appreciated- in that case , suspect its just the offset- which is definitely a little off, and likely expected to be after a analog drive swap 6 months ago, and having never booted till this weekend...

thanks in advance for any insight

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tc429 View Post
    anyone out there tell me how to tweak the analog offset? we have a Romi that had a servo amp replaced, and on boot up it drifts slowly until homed... it has a -0006 displayed when idle and PFM running- or 2042 offset- i'm assuming if I just put the offset to 2048 the new drives null will be closer to correct... but PFM says 237 parameter is read only... I didnt see any offset/gain pots, but didnt tear into it far either- just guessed it was likely adjusted via parameter.

Sorry for likely newbie questions, but i'm more of a fanuc guy, never touched one of these till last friday... they were ready to scrap it after 6 months of unsuccessful service calls, couldnt get it to boot up- I just happened to be at the other plant and they asked me to look at it...in the end was just a couple stupid problems- someone had removed the SR1 terminals and put wires back in wrong location when looking for a estop- the estop ended up being a bad aux contact on the coolant pump overload AND a open thermostat for the spindle regen resistor- combined both were just showing Estop...

as a couple possibly side notes- I was kinda surprised that a ctrl-alt-delete reboot of the PC side, leaves the servos hot and able to move by handwheel- guess the loop is all closed only in the bmdc card? just thought it was odd it ran while computer was rebooted/offline. a bit concerned that this should not be normal, and think there may still be miswiring...really hate how tight the spaghetti is packed and wiretied inside the tiny panduit- got it tucked back in, but jeez...tracing a wire is a chore. there were 2 wires hooked together but unmarked on a dead SR1 terminal- one I traced to the X-enable at X CN1(40) and that was supposed to go to SR1(14) [which is just a jumper to SR1(13) on other side] instead of nowhere- that was causing the drives not to ready... I assumed the other was Z enable but didnt pull it out to confirm- I may need to do this as it could be God knows what enabling the X because they are connected... hate pulling old wiring apart as brittle, and all the relays/etc are literally falling off the DIN rail... if anyone can confirm if servos should enable before home command is normal, much appreciated- in that case , suspect its just the offset- which is definitely a little off, and likely expected to be after a analog drive swap 6 months ago, and having never booted till this weekend...

thanks in advance for any insight
    Hola buen día
    No tengo la respuesta pero si una pregunta

Podrías decirme cuál es el código para entrar a los parámetros por favor

Gracias