Bridgeport EZTRAK DX 3 - Axis Deviation from Cutter Path

Thread: Bridgeport EZTRAK DX 3 - Axis Deviation from Cutter Path

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport EZTRAK DX 3 - Axis Deviation from Cutter Path

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, but have already found a lot of great information just reading older posts. I picked up an EZTRAK DX last year and finally hooked it up to power, and I was cutting my first part today. Everything was running smoothly, and then at line 511-512 the machine cut a section outside of the path boundary. I finished out the part, and everything was fine, it was just that one sequence. I have looked through the Gcode and I am not seeing anything that sticks out as being incorrect.

The cutter paths were defined in EZCAM Express V20 running on an XP machine. The original part was imported from a .dwg file. Finally, I am using a Post Processor that EZCAM sent me after the ones that came with the install failed to load. I am hoping someone with more knowledge than me can point me in the right direction.

Also, I ran the program a second time to see if the issue was repeatable which it is - the cutter will deviate once from the path at the same section of code (~Line 512). I have posted a picture and my code and I am hoping you guys could take a look. Does this sound like a post processor issue to you? I was thinking that if it where an encoder problem, it would not have repeated at the exact same place in the code. Thanks in advance.

Here is a picture of the part. That nice little half moon isn't supposed to be there

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridgeport EZTRAK DX 3 - Axis Deviation from Cutter Path-part-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport EZTRAK DX 3 - Axis Deviation from Cutter Path

Hi Everyone,

I think I am close to figuring out the problem I am having. The original owner of the machine swapped the floppy drive with a USB to Floppy emulator from PLR electronics. There are several DIP switches on the emulator that are used to match it to the specific type of floppy drive that it is replacing. I don't think that those switches were in the correct configuration.

I was able to verify the code that was in the Eztrak's memory by using the UTILS->View function. I could see that the emulator was not piecing the G-Code back together correctly after it was transferred from the USB stick. The code in memory would skip lines, and then insert other lines out of order. For example, line 1-430 would be in order than it would skip to 460-515, then it would revert back from 515-439. It looks like it wasn't mapping the sectors on the USB stick correctly. If anyone else has this issue I hope it is helpful. My DIP switch setup is as follows from 1-8 => 11000000 originally it was 11000011 (I had to set switches 7 & 8 low). It seems that the code is now being pieced together properly after changing the DIP switches.