Need Help! EZ-PATH II SOFTWARE RE-INSTALL ISSUES

Thread: EZ-PATH II SOFTWARE RE-INSTALL ISSUES

Downloads
    Uploads

Default EZ-PATH II SOFTWARE RE-INSTALL ISSUES

After having to replace the hard drive, I reinstalled the EZ-PATH software, trying two different versions.

Version 2.22: After installing, the machine would boot up just fine and the BMDC countdown would go as normal and then I could home the axis. I can move both axis just fine from both the wheels and jog switch. The issue is that nothing works. Try to do a canned cycle in "do event' and nothing happens. Try running a program and it would rapid to the first position and then sit, nothing doing. This had happened before and I had managed to copy some files off of the previous old hard drive (the one before this bad one) on to a floppy and copied those files over again. Now I cannot remember if it was more than the BMDCPRMS.SYS file. I had a floppy with only that on it, copied it over the present file, but that didn't help at all. So, I'm not sure why installing the software just doesn't work right out.

Version 2.50: After installing things looked good. Does everything fine all through homing cycle. After that, if I try to do a tool change on the machine I get a "turret overheated" error. This has no turret. If I try to enter a RPM I get some hydraulic error. I don't think there is any hydraulics on the machine, and this doesn't seem like a lube error either.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: After plugging along, I ended up formating the drive again and installing DOS 6.22 again and installed the software, again. This time everything installed fine and then the machine went through the BMDC countdown and didn't find any parameters. That was why I had a disk with a BMDCPRMS file on it! And now, this time, everything is happy.

But, I liked some of the things about version 2.50 if I could get that to work. Any ideas as to the problems I mentioned?