Fanuc AC Servo Motor schould it turn ?

Thread: Fanuc AC Servo Motor schould it turn ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc AC Servo Motor schould it turn ?

My Bridgeport interact 720 has a Fanuc AC SAervo Motor on the Z axis , model 10 Typpe RO6B -0501 -B202 # 7000 , Ive put it back on the machine after moving into new premises , it was to high to get through he door ! Ok ,put it back on now I get fuses trppinbg out when I plug the sockets in the back og the ofthe n motor ! Ive taken the motor of again just incase Iveb done some thing wrong , and notice you cant turn ther motor on the axle / flange ,it moves a coupüle of thou and klonk both ways ! Can you normally turn the motor when off the machine ? Hope you can help thank you Harry

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc AC Servo Motor schould it turn ?

Quote Originally Posted by beemergb View Post
    My Bridgeport interact 720 has a Fanuc AC SAervo Motor on the Z axis , model 10 Typpe RO6B -0501 -B202 # 7000 , Ive put it back on the machine after moving into new premises , it was to high to get through he door ! Ok ,put it back on now I get fuses trppinbg out when I plug the sockets in the back og the ofthe n motor ! Ive taken the motor of again just incase Iveb done some thing wrong , and notice you cant turn ther motor on the axle / flange ,it moves a coupüle of thou and klonk both ways ! Can you normally turn the motor when off the machine ? Hope you can help thank you Harry
    Check for a Brake most Z axes have a Brake on the motor or the Ballscrew most are on the motor, the Brake has to release when the servo motor powers up, if this is not releasing the motor will fault if you try to move it.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Place the plugs in one at a time to see which blows the fuse the brake, encoder and power are separate plugs.
    Did you identify the fuse for which function?
    I retro-fitted one on my shop lathe using a Fanuc servo motor that had the brake on it, the brake does show some slight play when it is on, (power off)

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 05-20-2022 at 03:50 PM.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have taken the Fanuc motor off the Z axis and its on the bench . The question is can I rotate the motor normally without any electricity ? Or is there a brake inside the motor that releases and then the center shaft can rotate when powerd up ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I have taken the Fanuc motor off the Z axis and its on the bench . The question is can I rotate the motor normally without any electricity ? Or is there a brake inside the motor that releases and then the center shaft can rotate when powerd up ?
    Yes, the brake is active at power off, requires 24vdc to release it.
    Otherwise the small motion you get is normal, That is, if it does in fact have a brake.
    Normally a separate connector for it. Usually on the shaft end of the motor. BTW.
    Is your system set up so the the brake comes off when the CNC is active?
    i.e. out of E-Stop?

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 05-20-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

As I posted in the first post the Brake needs to be powered for the shaft to turn on the machine or off the machine it makes no difference the Brake has to be released before you can turn the motor shaft

Check the plug that has the 24v power for the Brake and see if any pins are bent in the plug

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok will do , is the brake plug the small one at the bottom of the motor with 2 pins ? thank again Harry

Downloads
    Uploads

The brake has two pins and as I said, is usually mounted at the shaft end.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you