Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 programing issues! HELP I'm tearing out my HAIR!

Thread: Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 programing issues! HELP I'm tearing out my HAIR!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 programing issues! HELP I'm tearing out my HAIR!

I'm trying to get back to my Machine after an extended period and having hell getting to to accept the code for a simple 2d plate that it only has to make 4 slots and one hole...

Using BobCad V31 and the BC_3x_ Mill post I am getting a "Parser #4 internal addressing error " that , from what I understand, has to do with calling canned cycles..

Looking at the enclosed code I see where there are some G codes not supported by the DX32 controller... But I have no idea if they are the cause of the error. I have tried shorting the code to just about the first 10 likes and it also results in the error... I have taken out the G54 duplication and even took it all together with no change..

Just what is needed in that first line?
    Thanks for any help and hopefully I can get this going before I am completely bald!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 programing issues! HELP I'm tearing out my HAIR!

...possible the control does not like 4 place decimal Feedrate. Try 1 or 2 place decimal. Also, if using Cutter comp or not (D1) make sure there is a value stored for that Tool number.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 programing issues! HELP I'm tearing out my HAIR!

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately no go.... I shortened F down to two places and tried, same error. I then removed the D1 and along with the shortened F it still gave the same error....

I noticed that the error message gave what I though to be a time, 02:27:48 PM Parser Error. Wish it would give me a line number where the problems are... Back to the drawing board... er computer

Downloads
    Uploads

I am a dummy.... I only saw the first F The program has tons of F's and they all are large numbers... such as this one F46.3683 .. Looking in the manual it states " Feed rate , F has a range in inches of .1-250 ipm " the .1-250 ipm is WAY off of what BobCad calls for. I can see where the .250ipm would be really slow....Wonder if it is a typo?

Downloads
    Uploads

...that G43 H1 D1 is a problem maybe only need the TxxM06 for tool comp etc....I modified your TXT file with Feedrates (20 places), Spindle speed to S4200 (is max I think) and dropped the G43 H1 D1 and added G0 on Line 5 see if works.

PS- try Single Blocking (if possible) the Program to see which line is causing problem.

Last edited by machinehop5; 03-28-2022 at 03:13 PM. Reason: PS

Downloads
    Uploads

No cigar I can't run or block because it throws that error... I am wondering if the G20 is a problem. As far as I can tell there is not a G20 for the control... As I understand it G20 is for telling the control it's in inches. G70 should be the command for that..

I 'm fighting not having a reliable way to get programs onto the floppy A. I have two USB to Floppy drives and they are all flake for some reason... Having to run back to the office to make it work on the one computer that is still accepting the workaround...

I have ordered a USB emulator for the control and that will make life easier!

Downloads
    Uploads

Straight from the manual.... " Parser: #4 Internal Addressing Error. This message is displayed when trying to jump to an invalid canned cycle label. Valid canned cycle labels are numbered 0-11" I'm going to look again but I did not see any canned cycles mentioned in the code....

Downloads
    Uploads

I removed the G80 thinking that might be a "canned drill cycle" and then changed G20 to G70 for inches... There is not a G20 listed in the programing manual. No change ......

Downloads
    Uploads

I went searching for a different post for the Bobcad program and found one that was more current and intended for a boss machine... It output code that conformed more to what I am seeing in the programing manual for the machine... much less complicated and cluttered with G commands, proper ; markings for remarks and overall much cleaner... Still get the dreaded # 4 internal addressing error but it looks nice

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    I went searching for a different post for the Bobcad program and found one that was more current and intended for a boss machine... It output code that conformed more to what I am seeing in the programing manual for the machine... much less complicated and cluttered with G commands, proper ; markings for remarks and overall much cleaner... Still get the dreaded # 4 internal addressing error but it looks nice
    ...yes, finding a better Post Processor is a good idea (if possible). I did notice that G74/G75 affects how control handles Arc Quadrants maybe the main problem you're having.

snip from Manual page 13
    NOTE
    The reset program condition for the DX-32 operational mode is G75, multi-quadrant input. The BOSS 4-7 Compatibility
    mode sets G74, single quadrant input as the default condition.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 programing issues!  HELP I'm tearing out my HAIR!-dx32-programmers-manual-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    I 'm fighting not having a reliable way to get programs onto the floppy A. I have two USB to Floppy drives and they are all flake for some reason... Having to run back to the office to make it work on the one computer that is still accepting the workaround...

I have ordered a USB emulator for the control and that will make life easier!
    ...If you have a RS232 Port (DB25 or DB9 Plug) on your CNC machine for File transfers you might want to also look into using a RS232 to Network IP Device. There are Wireless type too.

I see for example an older Quatech brand for a descend price on ebay currently.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/33269662761...0AAOSwHt5bLmYD

Downloads
    Uploads

...I just noticed looking at those Program Formats.... fplate2 and keypad11 both are missing the Program number Line. Should be on a Line by its self :1234 or some number of your choice.

Example on the last page of the DX32 Manual

Downloads
    Uploads

Success!

That manual is the same one I have Are program numbers required?

I attached a file of what I finally got to run to this message... I added a program number but that did not help.. I left that in anyway and removed the % from the start and end of the program and the error went away!

Seems this control is designed more for the Boss 9 and Boss 10 compatibility. My old Boss 5 required those % to run while this version does not....

Thanks for your time and help Machinehop5 !

Downloads
    Uploads

...good news to hear. Thanks for the follow up. I wondered if, that % sign could be the problem. We both learned more about Bridgeport machines today. One more thing that you should do is Backup your Parameters, etc from the HDD while its still working. Adding a 1GB Compac Flash drive is the way to go for these older systems.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25505058154...sAAOSwjvxbQBEk

I see in the below Thread a guy talks about running a program called MAKEDISK.BAT in Post#7 or maybe you already know how to save system files in DOS to copy files.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/bridg...-software.html

DJ