Torq-Cut 22 DX32 Dripfeed?

Thread: Torq-Cut 22 DX32 Dripfeed?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torq-Cut 22 DX32 Dripfeed?

I'm trying to set up a DX32 controller to drip feed from a PC and I dont know what the pin layout or what port to use on the machine. I have two 25-pin ports on the side of the machine, one is labeled 'A' and the other 'LPT1' which one would I use? and what is the pin layout of the cable?

Thanks,
    John

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I do not believe it will drip feed from an external port. Port A is a RS232 port. It is used for uploading and downloading. Files are typically transfered to the hard drive, flash card or whatever mass storage device you have and you DNC from that device. You could also drip feed from the floppy too.
    Check your operating manual. You only need to drip feed if your program exceeds 256KB which is the buffer size of the BMDC board.

George

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, the program exceeds the memory size. That is why i'm looking to set up a drip feed. We have a floppy dive on the machine, but thats totally unreliable.

Does the machine take a standard radio shack rs232 cable or is their a custom pin layout?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes if used with the null modem adapter.
    Also any cheap 15 dollar floppy should work. Make sure cable is OK and IO board is working correctly (if original).

George

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq-Cut 22 DX32 Dripfeed?

Well I got it working! One of the USB Floppy emulators , a few programs to make and mount disk images and I'm good to go... Frustrating to figure it all out but I did it Glad to help anyone out if they need help setting them up...

Downloads
    Uploads

This is old at this point, but you don't need to "drip feed" on this machine over a serial port. You can "drip feed" a program of any size from the machines own PC. You can run in two modes. For programs under 256k, you run right from the BMDC memory. For larger the control's DOS PC will drip feed the program.

In the "Run" menu (F4), hit F10 (SET DNC). You then do set DNC and select a program. This works almost identically to running programs that are preloaded, with a few small differences you'll figure out.

I load programs over the network and run large programs this way all the time.

How do you do it? How do you connect port A? Do you use any LAN connection? Please help me, I can't send long programs on my machine. I need help. My email rgdindustrial@gmail.com