Heidenhain tnc151a tncremo

Thread: Heidenhain tnc151a tncremo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heidenhain tnc151a tncremo

I have a bridgeport series II interact II and I was wondering if I could write a program in a simple software like notepad and be able to send that program to the tnc with tncremo or do I need a cam software to generate the G-Code.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoad170 View Post
    I have a bridgeport series II interact II and I was wondering if I could write a program in a simple software like notepad and be able to send that program to the tnc with tncremo or do I need a cam software to generate the G-Code.
    Not sure of the differences between the TNC151A and TNC151B, but certainly with my 151B I can write code in any package I choose and upload it to the control. TNCREMO is fussy about the mode the control is set to and the file name extension. Mines packed up and in store at the moment as I'm between workshops.

Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply Andrew I'll give it a try and see if I can get it to work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re

why on earth you would want to write offline manually is beyond me. Write it on the control and send it back to the computer for storage. The tedium of ensuring accurate syntax would make your head explode.

you can use tnc remote or hyperterminal or anything to send it over

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    why on earth you would want to write offline manually is beyond me. Write it on the control and send it back to the computer for storage. The tedium of ensuring accurate syntax would make your head explode.

you can use tnc remote or hyperterminal or anything to send it over

I Agree with Gus

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gus thats good to know I initially was wondering if it would be beneficial to me since I only get to my machine a couple of days a week I thought I could program on the days I wasn't there and just upload the programs but it sounds like it is more trouble than it's worth. Thanks again for the advice

Downloads
    Uploads

I generate my code in Featurecam, either as G-code or Heidenhain, then upload the resultant file using TNCRemo. Often the code is far too large to fit in the TNC151B, so is trickled up, but I think the drip feed feature isn't present on the TNC151A like yours. Featurecam has good post processors for the TNC151 that produce good code in my (fairlt limited) experience.

AWEM

Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for your help Andrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Heidenhain tnc151a tncremo

Quote Originally Posted by awemawson View Post
    Not sure of the differences between the TNC151A and TNC151B, but certainly with my 151B I can write code in any package I choose and upload it to the control. TNCREMO is fussy about the mode the control is set to and the file name extension. Mines packed up and in store at the moment as I'm between workshops.
    the difference between the a and b is the b does have some graphic capabilities to check tool path where the a only has the control

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eggleton View Post
    the difference between the a and b is the b does have some graphic capabilities to check tool path where the a only has the control
    I am pretty sure in the 7 1/2 years since this post, they have figured out that they do not care

@ gus I am pretty sure that in the 5 years since his post, eggleton answered the question about the difference between a TNC 151A and TNC 151B that I was searching online for...and brought me to this old thread. Thank you eggleton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk