bridgeport gecko conversion

Thread: bridgeport gecko conversion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default bridgeport gecko conversion

Has anyone ever converted a Bridgeport or other make cnc with servo axis drives to a Gecko / Mach upgrade? Or is this even possible. I have done a bridgeport stepper conversion.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's definatly possible, I'm in the middle of doing pretty much what you describe.

All the servo powered bridgeports I've ever seen are rated at voltages and currents beyond the max ratings of any of the geckodrives. The 40amp 200v rutex drives would be a better solution.

Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gecko to Bridgeoort

I am just finishing up on a interact series 1 conversion with the gecko G 340 controls. the motors are rated at 140 volts I am running 80VDC the machine is a little slower than stock I am able to get 125 IPM. its OK for a hobby machine may be too slow for a production machine.
    I bought an 80 Volt power supply off E bay 3 Gecko 340 s 3 new encoders from US Digital and mach 3 mill a month later and a LOT of work it works.

Doug S