Bridgeport Boss 5 and 6 components

Thread: Bridgeport Boss 5 and 6 components

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Boss 5 and 6 components

Stripped out the cabinets of a couple Series 1 Boss 5&6 machines to get ready for new controls. Have the magnetics ( transformers and motor relay) from one, and all of the drive boards from both. If anyone wants them,let me know.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Bridgeport Boss 5 and 6 components

Just curious - do you still have any of the items and are you intereasted in giving them away or selling them?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

All of the magnetics finally got thrown - they were starting to screw up a lot - probably could have been fixed, but was not worth it to me, and the new controls would not need them. Still have 7 SMD boards, and 3 ACC boards, and possibly a couple replacement transistors for the SMD boards - will have to check the drawer. Not sure about the condition of all of the transistors on those boards - it's been quite a few years since I last had one go bad. Never had any other components go bad on these boards - just the transistors.

If you want them, $75 for the whole lot, plus mailing. CC or Paypal will work.

Also have a Rigid Ram up for sale ( the Boss 6) that has had the cabinets stripped out ( the cabinets are still available with it). The iron is in pretty good condition. I would have kept it and converted it with a new control, but I found a Hurco 5M that I got for next to nothing at an auction. Great machine so far, though I'm having to learn conversational programming! $500 for the mill. Shipping will have to be by personal truck with a flat bed trailer. Had it on ebay last month and sold it, but the buyer kept trying to have a freight company transport it, and they refused because it wasn't on a pallet and boxed. It is again on ebay, but no interest so far.

Thanks for the reply, but, I was, and still am looking for an LSI board for a BOSS 5 or BOSS 6 That is the only board in the machine that shorter than the rest, and hjas all the control circuitry on it.
    Good luck with your machine.
    Fred

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, but the computer boards got dumped years ago when I converted it to run off of an old DOS program on a 30-year-old PC!

I would suggest that you look at retrofitting your machine to run from a PC with new motor drivers. The one I'm going to for my other mill is from Mach Motion, running the Mach 3 Mill program. You can home-build essentially the same for a lot less than what they charge. I believe that there is a section on this forum about going DIY with Mach 3 Mill. Good luck.