Bridgeport V2xT Retrofit and lack of precision

Thread: Bridgeport V2xT Retrofit and lack of precision

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport V2xT Retrofit and lack of precision

I am certain it has to be mechanical. So put in Hiconn BOB with closed loop to motion controller system. This a mach 4 system. problem is that I don't get same steps per inch anywhere in any of the axis' . Originally thought maybe ballscrews just sitting there for long time and no lube maybe so did this .

problem was not cosine error with DTI. I have a problem where steps per can vary from 100,070 to 100,050 steps per inch on X axis for example.
    Here is torn X axis belt from last video. Torn about .045-.05 from edge of belt
    Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-torn-x-axis-belt-jpg Here is mismatch from pulleys.
    Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-x-axis-mount-jpg ballscrew pulley .562" inside of the edge of that mounting box. Servo pulley almost right on the edge of plate that mounts on that face in previous picture.
    Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-x-axis-servo-pulley-jpg. What really stinks is that I have no way of checking stretch of that belt when it is all put together. I am suspecting that I need to make 3/16" thick steel servo adapter plate instead of the 1/2" thick aluminum ones already on there. That might give me enough play so I can align my collet mounted servo axis pulley. Same situation on my Y axis, but at least there is a way to be able to measure belt stretch when it is all assembled. Now mind you the Y axis does have more stretch than it had before these servo adapter plates. Maybe that is where I am losing some accuracy. Here are pics of Y axis
    Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-img_20210730_131450411_hdr-jpg Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-img_20210730_131435621_hdr-jpg Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-img_20210730_131446655_hdr-jpg
    Maybe timing pulley mismatch doing this problem or is it the stretch? Maybe something else?
    Ballscrew pics
    Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-3-oil-screw-cover-jpg Bridgeport V2xT  Retrofit and lack of precision-4-overall-screw-jpg