Bridgeport Series 1 CNC R2E3 Boss 8 issues

Thread: Bridgeport Series 1 CNC R2E3 Boss 8 issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Series 1 CNC R2E3 Boss 8 issues

Hello all!

I am the new owner of a R2E3 with the Boss 8 control system. Got it delivered and wired up this week, only to find errors when turning it on. I’ve spent all week trying to diagnose and wanted to reach out here to see what help I could find. It’s a long shot, but I’d appreciate y’all’s insight.

Problem: upon activating I get a “axis limit” error

Response: I activate drives, but the connectors do not latch and no power is sent to the drives

Attempted solution: I checked the batteries and replaced the one on the rear cabinet board which was bad. I also attempted to check the 8 pin lights. Upon turning it on, the lights read “all tests successful, board running, drives disabled”. When I enable the drives, the lights change to read “board running, safety fault occurred”.

I do not have a maintenance manual (can’t find one anywhere!), so I can’t even venture the faintest idea as to why this occurs. I am guessing there is either a coolant pump unplugged (I can’t find a dang cord/plug for the life of me, but I see an outlet), oil level is low, or a safety interlock. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it possible the z axis limit (it is at the top of travel) is causing this? I know the drives have been refurbished before I purchased, so they should be good.