Intract 1 mkll y axis problem


Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    250
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    Hi all I have a interact 1 mkll with a 2500 heidenhain control,there has been a issue with the y axis motor for some time now with rapid movements in and out with the control going into error,but I have been able to override the issue by tuning parameter 1010.1 by going from 5000 to 3000 but the motor felt really grainy.So we decided to remove it and found the tachometer brushes were all gummed up with oil,so after a really good clean of all the brushes and other components we reassembled and refitted the motor,reset the axis limits and tuned the tachometer pot lag to the correct value.So now we have a motor that's silky smooth that runs full rapid in the + direction but errors out in the -direction which means we still have to run parremeter 1010.1 at 3000 to stop it from erroring out.The motor is smooth in both direction and all components are in perfect order.Anyone struck this problem before cheers greg.

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Member machinehop5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    898
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    1

    Default Re: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    ...sounds like Y axis following error issue and needs tuning. Or just try increasing the SIG Pot 1/2 - 1 turn Clockwise and see if, the error disappears. I'm guessing you have Servo Dynamic Amps

    DJ

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intract 1 mkll y axis problem-bridge-interact-1-mk-zone-jpg  


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    250
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...sounds like Y axis following error issue and needs tuning. Or just try increasing the SIG Pot 1/2 - 1 turn Clockwise and see if, the error disappears. I'm guessing you have Servo Dynamic Amps

    DJ
    Thanks DJ for your reply no mine is different from the attachments you have they have a tach pot,current limit pot,and a offset pot which are all pretty close to each other.I believe there may be a trailing error in the parameters.



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    250
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    Yea had a bit more of a look around the y axis drive board and really couldn't see a signal pot,the others as mentioned above I tried turning seperatly in different increments still to no avail and couldn't really see to much in the parremeters other than acceleration but that didn't do anything either.



  5. #5
    Member machinehop5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    898
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    1

    Default Re: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    Quote Originally Posted by greg b View Post
    Thanks DJ for your reply no mine is different from the attachments you have they have a tach pot,current limit pot,and a offset pot which are all pretty close to each other.I believe there may be a trailing error in the parameters.
    ...do you have the installation manual for your type Amps..what Model number? Are all your amps the same size...try swapping X and Y modal to see if, the problem transfers...then you know its the Amp problem and knot the Tach/Motor/Wiring side.

    DJ



  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    250
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...do you have the installation manual for your type Amps..what Model number? Are all your amps the same size...try swapping X and Y modal to see if, the problem transfers...then you know its the Amp problem and knot the Tach/Motor/Wiring side.

    DJ
    That was going to be my next thing to do i was going to swap the axis boards from x to y im assuming that's what you were referring to cheers greg.



  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1113
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    Have you adjusted trailing error? It changes when you change the value of that parameter.
    Write a program that rapids the machine back and forth as far as it can go.
    LBL 1
    Y0 F2000
    Y11 f2000
    LBL 0
    CALL LBL 1 REP 99

    set the control to LAG mode

    strt with the override pot low so it does not error, and turn the TACHO pot so that the lag at the center of travel is as low as you can get it. Increase overrride until you can get it to run at max feedrate

    YOu must do this every time you change the value of that parameter.

    The BALANCE pot also helps.

    When the machine is in enabled and not in handwheel mode it, in normal readout mode[not LAG] set it to read zero and turn the pot a small amount back and forth so that basically the machine hunts from + 0001 to -.0001 or something
    It is usually not a problem unless the machine is fighting to move in one direction all the time



  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    250
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Have you adjusted trailing error? It changes when you change the value of that parameter.
    Write a program that rapids the machine back and forth as far as it can go.
    LBL 1
    Y0 F2000
    Y11 f2000
    LBL 0
    CALL LBL 1 REP 99

    set the control to LAG mode

    strt with the override pot low so it does not error, and turn the TACHO pot so that the lag at the center of travel is as low as you can get it. Increase overrride until you can get it to run at max feedrate

    YOu must do this every time you change the value of that parameter.

    The BALANCE pot also helps.

    When the machine is in enabled and not in handwheel mode it, in normal readout mode[not LAG] set it to read zero and turn the pot a small amount back and forth so that basically the machine hunts from + 0001 to -.0001 or something
    It is usually not a problem unless the machine is fighting to move in one direction all the time
    Hi gus thanks for your reply been some time since we spoke,this is a old problem being rehashed im sorry but the bridgeport finally got to the stage where it was unusable.I finally got round to pulling the motor out again and found the tach brushes were coated in a nice film of sludge as you said would be some years ago but at the time I was under a bit of pressure as we all are to finish some jobs so all I could do was tune around the problem.This time it got properly cleaned up and I have tuned the lag pot as per instructions but still can't get it to run to 5000mm without error the motor feels great now and is silky smooth but will only run at 3000mm.I have the manual and im thinking of pulling the card out and resetting the 3 pots as per bridgeports specs and then reinstalling it and retuning the lag on the machine but once again the jobs take priority. I will take another look at the instructions you just gave me and see how we go,thanks again guys with out all your help we would have machines as paper weights.cheers greg



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1113
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    So you set the lag when the max feedrate is 5000mm?

    You can try that[setting per the BP specs], but I have never done it



  10. #10
    Member machinehop5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    898
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    1

    Default DC Servo Tach lowvoltage 101

    Quote Originally Posted by greg b View Post
    .So we decided to remove it and found the tachometer brushes were all gummed up with oil,so after a really good clean of all the brushes and other components we reassembled and refitted
    ...this has always been the problem with Tach feedback. if, its ruff get rid of the dust. If its oily. seal it up.

    Never enough time to fix it right the 1st time. Sumone told me one time.

    Have fun,
    DJ

    PS..and sometimes Tachs go bad.

    Last edited by machinehop5; 03-07-2021 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Tach Life


  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    250
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

    Ok thanks guys for your imput I will let you know how we go.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

Intract 1 mkll y axis problem

Intract 1 mkll y axis problem