Recently brought my S1 R2E3 back to life after a long hiatus. It still has BOSS 8I running on it. I got communications up and fed in a few small programs to test the systems. After a short time, it was up and running. THEN 1 day I started the machine, reset the current program in memory and started it running. The program stopped dead. The program had run well the previous day. The red fault lite came on. I did a soft reset and the machine started its diagnostics but never came out of it. I tried a hard restart ( cycle power on/off/on). It again went into diagnostics and stayed there. All lights on and showing 'WAIT' on the screen. I tried multiple times and always the same result. I have the manuals for the machine and have a small electronics background. I can walk around the print pretty easy. CH 10 (Troubleshooting) gives information on a lot of errors but nothing on a machine stuck in self-diagnostics mode.
Does anyone know the order in which the diagnostics walk thru the program. I have also read something about using FIST to get stored info out of memory but I can't find any other info on it. What is it and how is it used.
I have seen old posts with info from machintek in which he shows a lot of knowledge. Is he still on CNC Zone?

Jim