Newbie Need advice on Kent CNC bridgeport clone, 2002 vintage,missing cnc control

Thread: Need advice on Kent CNC bridgeport clone, 2002 vintage,missing cnc control

Default Need advice on Kent CNC bridgeport clone, 2002 vintage,missing cnc control

Hi everyone, I recently purchased this mill from our local college, at a great price. It had been crashed badly and the x-axis ballscrew was damaged. I replaced the screw, and it is now a functional manual mill. The cnc control is gone, never got it with the mill. I do have the glentec dc servos, mounts, belts, etc on x and y, and the x and y linear scales, (was a 2 axis cnc). If it matters, it was a Mitutoyo cnc conversion, factory fitted. The mill has Turcoted ways, precision ground ball screws, auto oiler, 10x54" table, 6000rpm inverter drive, single speed head (ie:, no step pulleys, no back gear). The mill is now in brand new condition, as it was very rarely used at the college. I can now use it as a manual mill, but it seems a waste not to install a new cnc control system. I am a newbie to all things CNC, but i am not afraid of electronics, wiring, etc. I am leaning towards a Centroid Allin1DC system, but at this point i want to do more research. Cost is a factor. I am a home shop guy, and wont be doing much more than playing, learning, and trying to build cool stuff.

What are my options? What would you do?

Thanks for any advice or insight!