Need Help! DX-32 Post processor ?

Thread: DX-32 Post processor ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DX-32 Post processor ?

I have had a 1998 Bridgeport VMC 1000 for a couple years. It came to me with some minor issues. I've been able to sort through those issues and I'm really enjoying the machine. To date I have been G-coding directly at the machine, or with an editor and everything seems to work well. I have been going through Titan's CNC academy (which I think is awesome) to learn the solid modelling and part programming. I am using Fusion 360. These first two steps seem pretty straight forward, there is a post processor for DX-32, but even for a simple part the resulting .txt code file is quite (a lot of G1 moves). It seems to result in very inefficient coding. When I tried loading the .txt file, I simply got an error message.

Are there any other DX-32 users out there that can recommend a process for generating the G-code file from a solid model?

I have only been working in 3 axis. The machine was originally configured to be 4 axis, so I would like a program that would support 4 axis machining (as I learn to use the machine and software).

Thank you, David

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DX-32 Post processor ?

Adaptive clearing cuts in Fusion 360 create huge G code files with lots of G1 moves. I suspect the error you are getting says something about Out of Memory or something like that?

You may have to drip feed the file to your DX controller. Not sure how that is done on the DX32.

As an alternative maybe only use profile rather than adaptive cuts?

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

are you using the default post processor or the modified one on here? https://www.cnczone.com/forums/bridg...t-dx-32-a.html

when you use fusion 360 and want to do adaptive clearing the only chance you have to get it working is to make sure the smoothing option in fusion is ticked in the tool path, it will reduce the number of gcode lines massively and allow the machine to interpolate between points then you can make sure you take advantage of the material to leave setting then come back at it with a separate clean up pass later.

there is a very good topic on the benefits of smoothing over on the autodesk forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusio...g/td-p/6636189

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Ash. The modified post processor returns a file about 30% smaller - right off the bat. I'll spend some time learning / understanding "smoothing". Regards, David