Bridgeport TorqCut 22 Rebuild - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridgeport TorqCut 22 Rebuild

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport TorqCut 22 Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by AshG View Post
    Bridgeport TorqCut 22 Rebuild-20200402_160103-jpg
    What is the ID of the Bearings and where did you get them, INA Bearings if they are genuine that is a really good deal

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

4lo hooked me up on the gearbox, no diagram but he was really helpful and wrote me an email explaining how he rebuilt his. I have it apart and cleaned up. I am just figuring out what parts I need to replace. At the moment this is still a hobby for me so I cant justify chucking loads of money at the machine like I would if it broke down and I needed it to get production stuff out the door.

The oil was like sticky tar, it gummed the whole thing up, it was a job to even turn the top gear plate by hand until I degreased it. I bet a bunch of guys with fussy gear changes this is the main cause, I rebuilt the rotary actuator and it helped but it didn't completely cure it.

I went with the torq cut as I have outgrew my knee mill that I cnc retrofitted with centroid and I really wanted something bigger and enclosed. I got it for a really good price from marty and figured it doesn't matter if it takes me a bit of time to fix it up.

My plan is to get it all running as good as possible on the dx32 control to prove the machine then do the centroid oak/dmm ac servo upgrade later in the year. I have all the parts to do it packaged in with the machine from marty.

There will be plenty of dx32 parts, axis motors, drives, pc, control boards etc coming off at some point, I won't throw them out i promise :-) ideally I'd like to sell/swap/trade/share with the TC community to keep as many machines going as possible.
    Put me in line for one of the drive boards... I have a flakey one that they swapped the 4 axis drive card to keep it going...

Downloads
    Uploads

id is 25mm od is 75mm. i got them off alibaba so i suspect they may not be genuine although they offered me a choice of genuine or generic. All the markings on the bearings and boxes look the same as images i found on various websites selling them. i do find it a little odd that German made bearings shipped from Taiwan but i guess there are lots of machine builders in Taiwan that may use them, i did see that quite a lot of industrial printers and embroidery machines use the same bearings as our machines. if they are fake they are very good fakes as i really cant tell the difference.

I measured them up with a micrometer and they are spot on dimension id, od and thickness. i have no way of measuring run out on the bench as they need a preload on them. i guess i could stick them in the machine and measure with a dial gauge but i'm not at the point of installing them yet. The lady i dealt with was very responsive and helpful, they shipped via dhl and it only took 2 weeks. it feels kinda sketchy sending a person in a foreign country money for something but i figured i could always get my credit card company to step in if the deal went sour.

here are the generic ones
    https://xrtbearings.en.alibaba.com/p...479e43d4Adesxn

here are the ones they claim that are genuine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    Put me in line for one of the drive boards... I have a flakey one that they swapped the 4 axis drive card to keep it going...

will do Steve i hope your not too desperate for it. Im a bit of a way off doing the centroid conversion at the moment. I have the spindle motor rebuilt now, tool changer is pretty much rebuilt. currently waiting on the new gears for the transmission, ordered them over a week ago but marc at geartechnic said they are behind on shipping out orders so they wont go out until mid next week.

once i have the gearbox, spindle motor and tool changer back on the machine and have confirmed i haven't broke anything, im then going to dig into the axis, i need to check all the ball screws replace the worn thrust bearings, measure and rebuild the screws/trucks if necessary, once that is done and the machine is in tip top mechanical shape i will dig into the centroid oak conversion. my biggest problem at the minute is getting parts with all this virus stuff going on everything is taking way longer to arrive, i'm stuck at home with additional time to work on the thing and no parts grrrr....

Downloads
    Uploads

id is 25mm od is 75mm. i got them off alibaba so i suspect they may not be genuine although they offered me a choice of genuine or generic. All the markings on the bearings and boxes look the same as images i found on various websites selling them. i do find it a little odd that German made bearings shipped from Taiwan but i guess there are lots of machine builders in Taiwan that may use them, i did see that quite a lot of industrial printers and embroidery machines use the same bearings as our machines. if they are fake they are very good fakes as i really cant tell the difference.

I measured them up with a micrometer and they are spot on dimension id, od and thickness. i have no way of measuring run out on the bench as they need a preload on them. i guess i could stick them in the machine and measure with a dial gauge but i'm not at the point of installing them yet. The lady i dealt with was very responsive and helpful, they shipped via dhl and it only took 2 weeks. it feels kinda sketchy sending a person in a foreign country money for something but i figured i could always get my credit card company to step in if the deal went sour.

here are the generic ones

here are the ones they claim that are genuine.
    Not odd at all most German Bearing Manufacturers are in China / Taiwan

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Not odd at all most German Bearing Manufacturers are in China / Taiwan
    Well the odd thing is it says made in Germany on it yet it come from Taiwan, that's what I meant by odd lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Well i finally got round to cutting a few more videos together. im not really a fan of video editing, id rather just do it i one cut but that's hard on some of the items that take a long time to rebuild. the motor rebuild ones are pretty long and probably not very interesting but hopefully they are helpful if you even need to crack into one.

anyway here are the links. working on crunching and uploading some more vids soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Appreciate the pics and videos! I just bought one of these machines myself. Your "internal views" are super helpful! Amazing work on the machine it will likely be the nicest TC22 in existence once you have finished. I'm not planning to fully restore mine but I've been servicing it ahead of doing some projects with it.

I was planning on changing the gearbox oil and rebuilding the gear change actuator as it is a little slow changing gears. It sounded like when you opened up your gearbox you found it was so gummed up it really needed to be opened and cleaned vs just having the fluid changed? Any idea how much fluid it takes? The proper Mobile SHC 626 is available in quarts, gallons and naturally 5 gal pails. I was considering just filling it with synthetic ATF but the 626 is quite a bit thicker so that seems like it might be a poor substitute. It is also multiweight though so is closer in viscosity to the ISO68 once both are hot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ash,

Any updates on your retrofit? I just purchased a TorqCut and I'm thinking about the Centroid Oak control.

cheers,

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello looking for a source for the way wipers for a 1999 Bridgeport Torq-Cut 3G both X axis and Y. The Way covers are made by Protec-Hema

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12