Bridgeport Series 1 CNC

Thread: Bridgeport Series 1 CNC

Post Bridgeport Series 1 CNC

I have purchased a BP Ser 1 CNC that has a AH HA upgrade on it. All systems function like they should. I bought it to upgrade to a centroid acorn board with the spindle speed controller for exact rpm. I want to keep the original stepper motors since they are working perfect. I only do R&D a couple parts at a time in aluminum or steel. For you people that are pros in this field, would somebody please tell me if the acorn board or any other board will drive the steppers I have? I am leaning towards the Centroid because of their website info and the programs they have. Any info on my upgrade would be appreciated. I am not into speed on the cut, the exact measurement is what counts. My steppers are the original steppers with the big round fins. The stepper is 1.8 degrees, 200 steps per revolution, 8.5 amps @ 58 VDC. The AH-HA is a very limited program, so I am very interested in the bells and whistles with the modern programs available, that will also write the G code from the info or picture provided for the part needed to be made.

Jim

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Series 1 CNC

The Acorn board will run any stepper drive that takes an industry standard 5V step & direction input. Not sure what stepper drives you have. Acorn will not drive your motors directly.

For drawing and generating G code, Fusion 360 is about the best deal out there right now. Free to hobbyists.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

This is Tormach forum? Probably more info in a Bridgeport forum?

Downloads
    Uploads

Best case, and as long as your stepper motor drivers take 5VDC inputs, you'll just need to figure out the step and direction signals to your stepper motor drivers. Worst case, the stepper motor drivers could be changed out for something that uses 5VDC inputs. The Acorn board sends pulse and direction signals to the stepper motor drivers which control the stepper motors.