Heidenhain tool pocket table help

Thread: Heidenhain tool pocket table help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heidenhain tool pocket table help

Hi everyone

Eventually getting round to wrapping my head around the Bridgeport VMC 500 we bought.

Its a 1997 with a tnc 370 control so a little vintage, but perfect for our needs.

The reason for this thread. I am currently just trying to understand the tool table and tool pocket table.

When we picked the machine up the previous owner had the tool pocket table disabled. They used to use the automatic tool changer still.

My thoughts were that with it active, I could set all my tool offsets etc in the tool table, which would mean I would not have to keep entering these each time I set the machine up for a new project.

I could then change the tool pocket table to include the relevant tools.

in my head I thought that when I put a tool call in a program, I would enter the tool pocket number and it would pull the details of that tool from the tool table as set in the tool pocket table.

It doesn't appear to be doing that. If I put tool call 1 in, it will pick up the tool in pocket 1 and pull details for tool 1, even if the tool specified for pocket one is tool 3 in the tool table.

Hope that makes sense!

Its something that I am doing wrong but I can't for the life figure what Im doing wrong

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Heidenhain tool pocket table help

Hi danpayneuk

I have also the same machine Bridgeport VMC 500/16
    i would like the the file toolp.tch to see whats the problem because my machine does not have the file in it and would like to find out whats the problem with it.